Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Game Night  (Read 6743 times)

Winkfan

Family Game Night
« on: May 24, 2012, 04:18:21 PM »
I've been hearing rumors since before April Fools' Day that Family Game Night won't be back this coming season. I thought it was an April Fool's joke but some folks on-line seem to say otherwise. They might have been confusing FGN with either The Game Of Life or Scrabble Showdown; neither of which will be back from what I've read. Could the 'demise' of FGN be a 'joke' that might be true after all?

Cordially,
Tammy

P.S. I actually liked The Game Of Life and Scrabble Showdown; those two shows should have been renewed as well.....
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 04:50:18 PM by Winkfan »
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

tvrandywest

Family Game Night
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 06:27:28 PM »
I've been hearing rumors since before April Fools' Day that Family Game Night won't be back this coming season. I thought it was an April Fool's joke but some folks on-line seem to say otherwise. They might have been confusing FGN with either The Game Of Life or Scrabble Showdown; neither of which will be back from what I've read. Could the 'demise' of FGN be a 'joke' that might be true after all?

Cordially,
Tammy

P.S. I actually liked The Game Of Life and Scrabble Showdown; those two shows should have been renewed as well.....
While I don't know of any formal announcement, sadly, it appears that FGN will not be back, following a season that earned its host Todd Newton another well-deserved Emmy nomination.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

DoItRockapella

Family Game Night
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 10:08:40 PM »

I liked Scrabble Showdown. I liked Family Game Night also. I even liked Pictureka. I didn't like The Game Of Life, admittedly, but three out of four ain't bad. I feel dumb now, but I guess I thought The Hub would keep making new kids game shows, and maybe eventually do one that didn't start as a Hasbro board game.

I feel like I should make some joke about My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, but given that I'm posting on a message board about game shows, I guess I'm no less geeky then the bronies.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Family Game Night
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 10:28:04 PM »
but I guess I thought The Hub would keep making new kids game shows, and maybe eventually do one that didn't start as a Hasbro board game.
Seeing as The Hub is basically one big infomercial for Hasbro products, I think you were asking a little much here, yeah.

I feel like I should make some joke about My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, but given that I'm posting on a message board about game shows, I guess I'm no less geeky then the bronies.
Very astute.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
Family Game Night
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 11:19:22 PM »
Very astute.

What's more, some of us are both game show fans and bronies.

...What? I said some of us. >_>
Bobby Peacock

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Family Game Night
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 01:13:20 AM »
What's more, some of us are both game show fans and bronies.

...What? I said some of us. >_>
I could not be less surprised.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dmota104

Family Game Night
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 08:34:22 PM »
If indeed there's no third season of FGN, that's a shame.  It helped launch the network.  I remember watching the preview ep of FGN on TLC.

All I'm saying is this: Dance with the one that brought you.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Family Game Night
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 08:36:57 PM »
but I guess I thought The Hub would keep making new kids game shows, and maybe eventually do one that didn't start as a Hasbro board game.
Seeing as The Hub is basically one big infomercial for Hasbro products, I think you were asking a little much here, yeah.
Would that explain why I'm able to watch so much Batman, too?
This signature is currently under construction.

Allstar87

Family Game Night
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 08:57:55 PM »
All I'm saying is this: Dance with the one that brought you.

Technically they are; MLP debuted the same day the network did.

BillCullen1

Family Game Night
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 01:58:05 PM »
I actually found FGN to be an entertaining show. I liked some of the new games this season like Simon Flash and Trouble. I also thought Todd Newton was good as the host. If it's cancelled, it's too bad.

Do we know anything about the future forThe Game of Life and Scrabble Showdown? I think the latter is a decent show.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 01:59:07 PM by BillCullen1 »

dazztardly

Family Game Night
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 02:40:31 PM »
Here is the next generation of "Family Game Night" as "Hasbro, The Game Show" for Carnival Cruises.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 02:41:00 PM by dazztardly »

vtown7

Family Game Night
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 07:28:12 PM »
Todd was interviewed on a station in Florida - here it is - and says "we're getting ready for our third season, fingers crossed we're going to shoot in August".  I hope it's back - a fun show for sure!

Ryan

dmota104

Family Game Night
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 10:42:22 PM »
Todd was interviewed on a station in Florida - here it is - and says "we're getting ready for our third season, fingers crossed we're going to shoot in August".  I hope it's back - a fun show for sure!

Ryan

BuzzerBlog's reporting FGN's casting for a third season.  Excellent news.

FGN, for my money, is the best cable game show out there.  Family fun, a great amount of cash and prizes available per episode and a production team that really knows how to put together a quality game show.

Wishing Todd and company brighter days ahead in the third season and beyond.