Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Clark's $25K Pyramid back on Gsn  (Read 9117 times)

BillCullen1

Clark's $25K Pyramid back on Gsn
« on: May 21, 2012, 11:12:07 AM »
As of 5/21/12, Dick Clark's $25K Pyramid is back on GSN. Celebs were Michael Spound of Hotel and Janice Paige. It was a Friday show. Let's see how long this lasts.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 12:52:36 PM »
Has GSN aired this episode before?
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 12:54:56 PM »
Nope. Also, it seems Wednesday and Thursday episodes were skipped. Not that I am complaining.

Jay Temple

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 04:52:39 PM »
I don't know what the story is on the intervening eps, but this ep was a great place to start!
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 05:03:08 PM »
A bit off-topic, but here's a question I was wondering, that I hope Brendan (pyrfan) can answer for me:

USA showed the 1983-1984 eps. in 1992, and one of them was teen week, with Markie Post & Billy Crystal (4/16-20/84). Was it shown in its original aired position, or was it shown out of sequence from the other weeks (meaning they aired the weeks by taping order)? If so, exactly which position was it? And was the Mystery 7 still not hidden yet?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 05:03:33 PM by gameshowlover87 »

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 05:09:50 PM »
Don't hold me to this, but I believe they started hiding the Mystery 7 at the start of the second season.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

pyrfan

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 12:41:35 AM »
A bit off-topic, but here's a question I was wondering, that I hope Brendan (pyrfan) can answer for me:

USA showed the 1983-1984 eps. in 1992, and one of them was teen week, with Markie Post & Billy Crystal (4/16-20/84). Was it shown in its original aired position, or was it shown out of sequence from the other weeks (meaning they aired the weeks by taping order)? If so, exactly which position was it? And was the Mystery 7 still not hidden yet?
They aired those weeks based on their original airdates. They appear to have been taped in that order, too, as Dick Clark mentioned the upcoming teen week during the Jo Anne Worley/Richard Kline shows that aired the previous week. The Mystery 7 was still a visible category on the board during the teen week, but it was the last week that it wasn't hidden.

Brendan

Jay Temple

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 12:55:02 AM »
Brendan: I wouldn't read too much into that. Alex Trebek routinely says something about a special event the week after it aired, even though it hadn't taped at the time. (Or at least he did when I was still watching.)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 12:55:34 AM by Jay Temple »
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 12:55:00 PM »
Brendan: I wouldn't read too much into that. Alex Trebek routinely says something about a special event the week after it aired, even though it hadn't taped at the time. (Or at least he did when I was still watching.)

When USA was running the 1987 eps. of $25K Pyramid in 1991, they bypassed the Abby Dalton & Leonard Maltin week, due to a tennis/golf preemption, and showed only the Monday and Friday episodes of the Anne Bloom & Ed Begley, Jr. week. Also, they didn't show the 3rd all-celebrity week (Susan Blakely, from 1974's The Towering Inferno and 1987's Over the Top, was one of the guests on that week) in its original aired position. Instead, they showed it in between two different weeks of shows that originally aired sometime after the episodes featuring Abby & Leonard.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 01:17:35 PM by gameshowlover87 »

J.R.

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 05:19:18 PM »
When USA was running the 1987 eps. of $25K Pyramid in 1991, they bypassed the Abby Dalton & Leonard Maltin week, due to a tennis/golf preemption, and showed only the Monday and Friday episodes of the Anne Bloom & Ed Begley, Jr. week. Also, they didn't show the 3rd all-celebrity week (Susan Blakely, from 1974's The Towering Inferno and 1987's Over the Top, was one of the guests on that week) in its original aired position. Instead, they showed it in between two different weeks of shows that originally aired sometime after the episodes featuring Abby & Leonard.
Where do you get all the "information" and why do you think we care? Still trying to "impress" us?
-Joe Raygor

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 06:05:20 PM »
Okay, J.R. way to put words in my mouth to indicate a meaning that I didn't even have! I never spoke for you or anyone else!

The information came from Brendan, no one else but! And I hate the fact that I can't use the private message feature. This problem wouldn't exist, if I had the rights to use such a thing.

BrandonFG

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 06:18:53 PM »
The information came from Brendan, no one else but! And I hate the fact that I can't use the private message feature. This problem wouldn't exist, if I had the rights to use such a thing.
You don't have the rights because PMs are disabled boardwide.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 06:25:08 PM »
You don't have the rights because PMs are disabled boardwide.
There is another link where you can email someone via whatever address they registered to the board with.

(Please don't use it on me.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Mr. Matté

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 06:36:25 PM »
Taking a break from the popcorn-fest, today's episode was with Markie Post/Nathan Cook. Not having a good eye, I could not name the air date, the timestamps for the promos, or the lunch menu at my school for that day. Was this indeed a completely new episode for GSN or is it just back to the usual cycle of episodes?

tpirfan28

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012, 08:47:43 PM »
6/23/86.  I think this might be a new episode for GSN.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"