Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 5 more "easy" questions...  (Read 5525 times)

Adam Nedeff

5 more "easy" questions...
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2003, 10:47:32 PM »
My bonus round clue was:

Category: Thing

_ _ N _ _

_ _

S _ L T

Don't ask me why I couldn't get "pinch of salt," but I missed out on a trip to the Bahamas.

YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO PUT "SPOILER SPACE" FIRST! ;-)

Fedya

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2003, 12:12:26 AM »
[quote name=\'scully24\' date=\'Dec 10 2003, 08:58 PM\'] I remember the whole staff came out on the stage at the end for the farewell, and the producer Nancy gave Susan a bunch of roses.  THe only one grumbling was Tony, our contestant coordinator, because he had to "dress up" that day for his one minute on camera. [/quote]
 Of course, nowadays, almost nobody seems to dress up for their game show appearances.  :-)  Has Donny Osmond ever worn a tie on the Pyramid set?  And most of the celebs are even worse.  It's amazing to watch the current fashions amongst Pyramid celebs, and then watch the GSN reruns with David Graf, Nathan Cook, and Howard Morton all wearing jackets and ties, with Betty White and Teresa Ganzel wearing very nice outfits too.

I guess there must be an unwritten rule that the host be the nicest-dressed person on camera.  :-p
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

BrandonFG

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2003, 12:50:20 AM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Dec 11 2003, 12:12 AM\'] [quote name=\'scully24\' date=\'Dec 10 2003, 08:58 PM\'] I remember the whole staff came out on the stage at the end for the farewell, and the producer Nancy gave Susan a bunch of roses.  THe only one grumbling was Tony, our contestant coordinator, because he had to "dress up" that day for his one minute on camera. [/quote]
Of course, nowadays, almost nobody seems to dress up for their game show appearances.  :-)  Has Donny Osmond ever worn a tie on the Pyramid set?  And most of the celebs are even worse.  It's amazing to watch the current fashions amongst Pyramid celebs, and then watch the GSN reruns with David Graf, Nathan Cook, and Howard Morton all wearing jackets and ties, with Betty White and Teresa Ganzel wearing very nice outfits too.

I guess there must be an unwritten rule that the host be the nicest-dressed person on camera.  :-p [/quote]
Part of me says that society has gotten more and more casual (read:lazier), but part of me also says that open-collar leisure suits were big 30 years ago, and that this is all a cycle. I think sooner or later, game shows will once again become more formal and that the open collar business suit is just a passing fad.

EDIT: Hey, what do ya know, post #400! Joy to the world.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2003, 12:51:17 AM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

zachhoran

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2003, 08:24:13 AM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Dec 11 2003, 12:12 AM\']

I guess there must be an unwritten rule that the host be the nicest-dressed person on camera.  :-p [/quote]
 I think the "jackets and tie" rule for men and "dresses and/or skirts" rule for women has been relaxed pretty much. The exceptions to this rule seems to be WOF and Squares. I think History IQ among recent shows also had such a dress code.

TimK2003

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2003, 08:30:37 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 11 2003, 08:24 AM\']
I think the "jackets and tie" rule for men and "dresses and/or skirts" rule for women has been relaxed pretty much. The exceptions to this rule seems to be WOF and Squares. I think History IQ among recent shows also had such a dress code. [/quote]
 Family Feud has also been a stickler on the dress code, with the exception of a Playboy or Rasslin episode from the past.  Seems like they want the family to wear what the family would wear to Sunday church.

I have also noticed in the past that on Feud, the ladies' skirts had to be long enough to cove the knee.