Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MTV2 picks up "Hip Hop Squares"...  (Read 39640 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
MTV2 picks up "Hip Hop Squares"...
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2012, 03:03:46 PM »
Point taken, but why not go for one of their more famous names? Better him than one of the Jersey Shore folks.
Oh, I'm not disagreeing. I'm just riffing on Jeremy's choice of words, which appear to whitewash a guy whose notability was in doing really, really stupid things and abusing his family on camera. I'm not even knocking Jeremy for doing it; it just struck me as an interesting choice of language.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2012, 07:30:24 PM »
Point taken, but why not go for one of their more famous names? Better him than one of the Jersey Shore folks.
Oh, I'm not disagreeing. I'm just riffing on Jeremy's choice of words, which appear to whitewash a guy whose notability was in doing really, really stupid things and abusing his family on camera. I'm not even knocking Jeremy for doing it; it just struck me as an interesting choice of language.
Not even my words; that's the description straight from MTV2's website.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

JakeT

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2012, 09:52:14 PM »

C'mon...do you REALLY think Margera's family wasn't 100% in on the foolishness on that show?  I mean, his mother was so over the top and I figured all the while she was thinking, "KEEP IT UP, SONNY...WE'RE RAKING IN THE MONEY!!!"...

JakeT

clemon79

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2012, 10:07:09 PM »
C'mon...do you REALLY think Margera's family wasn't 100% in on the foolishness on that show?
Quite honestly, I simply don't care that much. If he was abusing them with their permission, fine, he's still abusing them. I really try to give Bam Margera as many of my mental cycles as he deserves, and no more. :)

JakeT

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2012, 12:32:04 AM »
C'mon...do you REALLY think Margera's family wasn't 100% in on the foolishness on that show?
Quite honestly, I simply don't care that much. If he was abusing them with their permission, fine, he's still abusing them. I really try to give Bam Margera as many of my mental cycles as he deserves, and no more. :)

But how can you call it "abusive" when it was almost certainly scripted and done with their complete advanced consent of the family?  Were the family not simply other characters in another MTV "reality" show that was actually more scripted than not?  Frankly, I didn't care for the show either but I could tell at first glance that Margera's mother's hysterics were an absolute put-on.  Besides, who could feel sorry for parents who actually ALLOWED one of their children to abuse them FOR REAL while ON CAMERA, if that were truly the case?  I suppose that the elder Margeras could be victims of battered parents syndrome and not know how to get out of their hellish situation.

But I doubt it...

JakeT

clemon79

« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2012, 12:54:05 AM »
But how can you call it "abusive" when it was almost certainly scripted and done with their complete advanced consent of the family?
I apologize, I have run up against my quota of brain cycles available to dedicate to Bam Margera.

MyronMMeyer

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2012, 08:00:41 AM »
Well, I got the call from the casting people today -- I'm going to be a contestant on Hip Hop Squares.

Congratulations! I hope they've been given a decent budget for prizes.

-M
"You foo'!"

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2012, 08:38:39 AM »
I hope they've been given a decent budget for prizes.

Not huge, but not the worst:

- $500 for winning the first round.
- $500 for winning the second round.
- $1,000 for picking the Secret Square.
- $2,500 for winning the bonus round.
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

clemon79

« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2012, 01:09:10 PM »
- $500 for winning the first round.
- $500 for winning the second round.
I am distressed, because you aren't saying anything about a third round. I'm hoping they are not planning for the pacing to be that insanely slow. Even Davidson was able to at least get midway through a third game.

There's a third round, right?

Right?

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2012, 01:48:12 PM »
Right?

I do think there will be a third round...I'm re-reading the paperwork, and it says "$500 for A COMPLETED first/second round". Also, it mentions $100 for each X/O on the board if a round is stopped in progress.

Maybe they mean it's going to be best two out of three?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 01:49:08 PM by DoorNumberFour »
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

clemon79

« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2012, 01:52:19 PM »
I do think there will be a third round...I'm re-reading the paperwork, and it says "$500 for A COMPLETED first/second round". Also, it mentions $100 for each X/O on the board if a round is stopped in progress.

Maybe they mean it's going to be best two out of three?
That sounds a little more likely. Basically it sounds like they're using Davidson scoring rules.

chad1m

« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2012, 12:30:14 AM »
Here's a larger photo from another account. Very sleek. I like it.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2012, 12:41:16 AM »
Machine Gun Kelly really has become nationally known.  And I thought only teenagers in Cleveland know who he is.

dale_grass

« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2012, 12:59:17 AM »
I don't know why, but the reproportioned squares made me smile.

/Hip Hop Rectangles?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2012, 01:25:40 AM »
- $1,000 for picking the Secret Square.
I guess I'm not too impressed with this aspect of things.  Winning two games is the equivalent of answering one question right and perhaps forcing a tie?
--Mark
Phil 4:13