Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bob Boden Left!  (Read 17285 times)

PeterMarshallFan

Bob Boden Left!
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2003, 06:51:33 PM »
This is coming from the same person that says I can't make an informed opinion about Bullseye without seeing a civilian episode.

No one can draw a complete conclusion about a show without seeing an episode, and the civilian episodes were better than the celeb eps by a longshot.

But considering you've changed your name to "antibullseye," isn't that a little TOO harsh?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Bob Boden Left!
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2003, 06:53:57 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 04:51 PM\']
This is coming from the same person that says I can't make an informed opinion about Bullseye without seeing a civilian episode.

No one can draw a complete conclusion about a show without seeing an episode, and the civilian episodes were better than the celeb eps by a longshot.

But considering you've changed your name to "antibullseye," isn't that a little TOO harsh? [/quote]
 I think Don's point is, and I back him up on this, that he is free to come to any conclusion he damn well pleases, whether someone else likes it or not. Now, whether you choose to AGREE with that conclusion, or REJECT it, that is your option.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

melman1

Bob Boden Left!
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2003, 10:44:48 PM »
Edited to remove my comments about Bullseye because they aren't really relevant, and quite frankly I can't figure out who's bitching at whom, about what.  Never mind.

Don, did you really change your name to antibullseye?  Just between us, it might be time to adjust the medication.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2003, 11:22:13 PM by melman1 »
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

Brandon Brooks

Bob Boden Left!
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2003, 01:14:39 AM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 06:51 PM\'] No one can draw a complete conclusion about a show without seeing an episode, and the civilian episodes were better than the celeb eps by a longshot.

But considering you've changed your name to "antibullseye," isn't that a little TOO harsh? [/quote]
 Yeah, I can... the show's boring.  I saw how it was played with celebs, and I didn't like it.   Sharper contestants may hold my interest for longer.  But that show's just not that interesting to me, and I don't know why.

Brandon Brooks

TimK2003

Bob Boden Left!
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2003, 03:19:18 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Dec 10 2003, 01:36 PM\']
Because Viacom owns VH-1 and Nickelodeon, which *do* have advertising and *do* make tons of money, Viacom can use those channels as leverage to get cable companies to carry channels like VH-1 Classic and Nick GAS.  The existence of the latter two can also be justified as promotional vehicles for, and brand extensions of, the first two.  Sony doesn't own lots of different channels (at least here in the USA), and I haven't seen Liberty use its other properties to promote GSN or vice versa -- so it has to justify its own existence, and that means making money through advertising.  (Where would Liberty promote GSN, anyway?  On Starz/Encore?  Doubtful.)

And I wouldn't necessarily count on VH-1 Classic and Nick GAS remaining commercial-free... remember TV Land, also from our friends at Viacom?  It was commercial-free at its inception (save for the "Retromercials"), but it isn't now.
 [/quote]
 The one channel that I am very surprised that it has remained commercial-free since it's onset is Boomerang -- the classic cartoon channel.  

And especially now with Time-Warner spinning off some of their properties (AOL and Warner Music), I'm curious to see what happens with that channel....

...But if the addition of 'real' commercials reduces the amount of times I see the same freakin' spots with the marching cartoon figurines to that grandioso fanfare music, that would even make the network a lot more bearable to watch -- not to mention the shows might just start at :00 and :30 on a more predictable schedule.

Rhudson765

Bob Boden Left!
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2003, 01:19:14 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 06:53 PM\'] [quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 04:51 PM\']

I think Don's point is, and I back him up on this, that he is free to come to any conclusion he damn well pleases, whether someone else likes it or not. Now, whether you choose to AGREE with that conclusion, or REJECT it, that is your option. [/quote]

I think Don's point is, and I back him up on this, that he is free to come to any conclusion he damn well pleases, whether someone else likes it or not. Now, whether you choose to AGREE with that conclusion, or REJECT it, that is your option.

Yes, but GOD FORBID that someone should post an opinion or conclusion
 that YOU disagree with, huh?

Not very tolerant or "nonjudgermental"  for a liberal, are you?

dzinkin

Bob Boden Left!
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2003, 02:01:00 PM »
[quote name=\'Rhudson765\' date=\'Dec 19 2003, 01:19 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 06:53 PM\']
I think Don's point is, and I back him up on this, that he is free to come to any conclusion he damn well pleases, whether someone else likes it or not. Now, whether you choose to AGREE with that conclusion, or REJECT it, that is your option. [/quote]
Yes, but GOD FORBID that someone should post an opinion or conclusion that YOU disagree with, huh?

Not very tolerant or "nonjudgermental"  for a liberal, are you?[/quote]

I'm not sure Chris has ever claimed to be nonjudgmental.  In fact I think he takes great pride in being quite the opposite. :-)  But he does respect the right of others to hold different views, whereas you were claiming that any conclusion regarding Bullseye based on anything but a "civilian" episode wasn't valid.  You may not agree with it, but that doesn't make it less than valid.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2003, 02:25:30 PM by dzinkin »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Bob Boden Left!
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2003, 02:02:33 PM »
[quote name=\'Rhudson765\' date=\'Dec 19 2003, 01:19 PM\']

Not very tolerant or "nonjudgermental"  for a liberal, are you? [/quote]
Take this garbage back to the GSN boards where it belongs, Richard.

Just because I don't agree with your "vision" that Bullseye is a great show doesn't mean you get to trash me on every message board on the internet that discusses gameshows.

I also never said that you couldn't disagree with me.  When I said I don't like Bullseye, you went out and slammed me for not watching a civilian episode.  I don't have to watch a damn civilian episode if I don't want to.  The format is simplistic, and I don't like Barry/Enright, period.  I am well entitled to that--but obviously--you are too close minded.

Politics aren't needed either.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2003, 02:03:36 AM by Dsmith »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Rhudson765

Bob Boden Left!
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2003, 02:26:30 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Dec 19 2003, 02:02 PM\'] [quote name=\'Rhudson765\' date=\'Dec 19 2003, 01:19 PM\']

Not very tolerant or "nonjudgermental"  for a liberal, are you? [/quote]

Just because I don't agree with your "vision" that Bullseye is a great show doesn't mean you get to trash me on every message board on the internet that discusses gameshows.

I also never said that you couldn't disagree with me.  When I said I don't like Bullseye, you went out and slammed me for not watching a civilian episode.  I don't have to watch a damn civilian episode if I don't want to.  The format is simplistic, and I don't like Barry/Enright, period.  I am well entitled to that--but obviously--you are too close minded to see beyond the lightning round.

I'll thank Mr. Lemon publicly for backing me up on this.  I can come to any conclusion I want; without someone elses input.  You DON'T have to agree with it.  But I *can* have that opinion, and my opinion has already been stated.  

You also don't need to bring politics on here. [/quote]

Hey, I was'nt the one making all of the snotty remarks on other posters.

BTW, despite the your high opinion of yourself and low opinion on anyone who likes shws that you don't like, you have no right to tell me where I can post.

In addition I never "flamed" or "slammed" you for not liking Bullseye. I merelly said that your opinion was uninformed because of a lack of data.

If you want to see a flamer, look in the mirror and then at your buddies.

Finally, if you think I "followed" you to this board to "slam" you for not liking Bullseye, you are narcissistic and egotistical to an extreme never though possible.

clemon79

Bob Boden Left!
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2003, 03:33:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Rhudson765\' date=\'Dec 19 2003, 12:26 PM\'] Finally, if you think I "followed" you to this board to "slam" you for not liking Bullseye,

[/quote]
 ....which he never said, at least not in this thread.

you are narcissistic and egotistical to an extreme never though possible.
WRONG! I can top it! :)

PeterMarshallFan

Bob Boden Left!
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2003, 04:57:38 PM »

I hardly think he's "trashing" you just because you dislike Bullseye. I think he's doing it because of your hyperaggressive [is that a word?] attitude at the GSN boards. If you came along and politely said "I don't like Bullseye because I found it boring," I'd bet none of this would have happened. Instead, we got remarks like "Dullseye," "B-E's are for third graders," and the infamous "antibullseye" incident, which obviously grated people's nerves.

Just saying......

clemon79

Bob Boden Left!
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2003, 08:46:15 PM »
[quote name=\'Rhudson765\' date=\'Dec 19 2003, 11:19 AM\'] Yes, but GOD FORBID that someone should post an opinion or conclusion
 [/quote]
 (Ignoring the idiotic political crack, and focussing on the subject at large)

Ya know, while I'm thinking about it....

I challenge you, Richard, to find an instance where I have OUTRIGHT DENIED someone the right to an opinion, since that is what you have accused me of. Go ahead. I'll wait.

I suspect I'll be here a while.

This, of course, is your usual M.O.. You put forth a silly argument, someone tells you so and/or outright refutes you, and you start whining about free speech.

Well, free speech works both ways. You have the right to be stupid. I have the right to tell you you're being stupid, and I even offer the courtesy of explaining why, should you choose to learn something from the experience in an effort not to be stupid next time. Unfortunately, you choose not to learn.

So, whenever yer ready. I'm waiting.

BrandonFG

Bob Boden Left!
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2003, 11:27:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Rhudson765\' date=\'Dec 19 2003, 02:26 PM\'] If you want to see a flamer, look in the mirror and then at your buddies.
 [/quote]
 I'm saying one thing, and I'm going back to my hole...can we keep the homophobic comments out of the discussion, that is, assuming this is supposed to be an "intelligent" discussion

BTW, I'm not gay, not that there's anything wrong with it.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

bellbm

Bob Boden Left!
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2003, 02:30:07 AM »
Oh my, 2004 will be the year that my life ends.

First, Casey Kasem is ousted as host of American Top 40, now I read that Game Show Network will be no more.

If GSN goes, I won't watch ANYTHING on the new channel out of spite.

Jimmy Owen

Bob Boden Left!
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2003, 04:59:22 AM »
[quote name=\'bellbm\' date=\'Dec 20 2003, 02:30 AM\'] Oh my, 2004 will be the year that my life ends.

First, Casey Kasem is ousted as host of American Top 40, now I read that Game Show Network will be no more.

If GSN goes, I won't watch ANYTHING on the new channel out of spite. [/quote]
 Spite.  Hmmm, that sounds like a good name for a network.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.