Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN skipping weeks  (Read 4437 times)

Justin30519

GSN skipping weeks
« on: December 23, 2003, 10:21:37 PM »
I just started watching The $100,000 Pyramid regularly. Last week, the celebrities were Gladys Knight and Smokey Robinson. On Friday's show, there was this African-American lady from Atlanta. I had to pull for her since she's from my hometown. She won $1,600. I tuned into Monday's show expecting to see her back. They had some other champion who won somewhere in the neighborhood of $26,000. Does GSN make it a habit to skip weeks like this? Why do they do this?
Justin

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
GSN skipping weeks
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2003, 10:39:40 PM »
[quote name=\'Justin30519\' date=\'Dec 23 2003, 08:21 PM\'] I just started watching The $100,000 Pyramid regularly. Last week, the celebrities were Gladys Knight and Smokey Robinson. On Friday's show, there was this African-American lady from Atlanta. I had to pull for her since she's from my hometown. She won $1,600. I tuned into Monday's show expecting to see her back. They had some other champion who won somewhere in the neighborhood of $26,000. Does GSN make it a habit to skip weeks like this? Why do they do this? [/quote]
 I can't speak to the 3:00P show, which is the one I think you are watching, but the 8:00a airing in the morning is a different part of their $100K Pyramid library, and has been fairly contiguous, save for a jump when the Ferrendini tournament rolled around again in the rotation.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Fedya

GSN skipping weeks
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2003, 11:00:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Justin30519\' date=\'Dec 23 2003, 10:21 PM\'] I just started watching The $100,000 Pyramid regularly. Last week, the celebrities were Gladys Knight and Smokey Robinson. On Friday's show, there was this African-American lady from Atlanta. I had to pull for her since she's from my hometown. She won $1,600. I tuned into Monday's show expecting to see her back. They had some other champion who won somewhere in the neighborhood of $26,000. Does GSN make it a habit to skip weeks like this? Why do they do this?
Justin [/quote]

The 6PM ET run is seven days a week, so the next two shows in question (the Monday and Tuesday shows of the Earl Holliman/Martha Smith week, which still has one more episode to run) aired on Saturday and Sunday.

The 11AM ET run is five days a week, and currently running "in sync" with the original broadcast weeks in that the show you'd see on a Wednesday is the Wednesday show from the week the celebrities did.  I don't know if this is going to change after the Pyramid marathon on New Year's Eve.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2003, 11:03:27 PM by Fedya »
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

zachhoran

GSN skipping weeks
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2003, 06:15:46 PM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Dec 23 2003, 11:00 PM\'] [quote name=\'Justin30519\' date=\'Dec 23 2003, 10:21 PM\'] I just started watching The $100,000 Pyramid regularly. Last week, the celebrities were Gladys Knight and Smokey Robinson. On Friday's show, there was this African-American lady from Atlanta. I had to pull for her since she's from my hometown. She won $1,600. I tuned into Monday's show expecting to see her back. They had some other champion who won somewhere in the neighborhood of $26,000. Does GSN make it a habit to skip weeks like this? Why do they do this?
Justin [/quote]

[/quote]
 THey didn't skip any episodes on the 6PM EST $100K Pyramid airing. Recall that it runs seven days a week at 6PM, while the 11AM EST run, which recently went back to the 1986-87 season, runs only MOn-Fri.