Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nick Gas Game show Themes  (Read 5389 times)

PeterMarshallFan

Nick Gas Game show Themes
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2003, 12:34:10 PM »
P.S. We all might want to wait a few hours before downloading that FK theme. That group's already over its bandwidth limit!

...shoot.

Sorry, guys, I had no idea that was gonna happen again. I think some of the stuff is pretty rare [Hollywood Connection, LMAD84 alt. open] and would be worth the wait, though. :-)

BrandonFG

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2003, 01:20:23 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Dec 7 2003, 12:34 PM\']
P.S. We all might want to wait a few hours before downloading that FK theme. That group's already over its bandwidth limit!

...shoot.

Sorry, guys, I had no idea that was gonna happen again. I think some of the stuff is pretty rare [Hollywood Connection, LMAD84 alt. open] and would be worth the wait, though. :-) [/quote]
 To once again beat a dead horse, Yahoo groups are a garbage. Not dissing you, George, because the effort is greatly appreciated. This is just a rant against Yahoo groups and their fragile bandwidth limits.

ObGameShow: The questions on syndie TJW were ridiculously easy....Rhapsody in ______?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

rugrats1

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2003, 06:09:04 PM »
Windows Sound Recorder can only make .wav files of up to 60 seconds in length.

I recommend "Audacity", which can record .wav, .mp3 and .ogg formats in any length you choose. And it's free. For details, see:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2003, 08:01:10 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Dec 7 2003, 10:30 AM\'] I have a mic hooked up to my computer, but it doesn't stretch all the way to the TV.  The best I can do is:
1. Record the TV to an audio tape recorder.
2. Play back the tape, holding up the mic to the speaker.
3. Save the .wav file.
 [/quote]
 Your sound card has a line input. (Trust me on this. If it has a mic in, it should have a line in.) That means if your TV either has a headphone jack or RCA outputs on the back (and find me one that doesn't have one or the other), you are about $10-$15 worth of cabling and adapters, at most, away from running television audio directly into your PC.

It amuses me that I live in a society where complete idiots can rip MP3's but people can't figure out how to run a wire from an "out" to an "in". :)

As for Sound Recorder, you should be able to find a replacement for that that isn't nearly as crippled with about five minutes worth of work on Google.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

cmjb13

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2003, 08:25:09 PM »
Is your Finder's Keepers theme the same as this:

http://www.visionsnet.com/downloads/pafile...ion=file&id=167
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2003, 08:26:46 PM »
No, mine is the theme from the syndicated version with Toffler. That's the Eure version.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2003, 09:38:48 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Dec 7 2003, 08:26 PM\'] No, mine is the theme from the syndicated version with Toffler. That's the Eure version. [/quote]
 I liked the original better anyway.  Is it just me, or has Edd Kalehoff felt a need to add a lot of Phil-Spector-like...sound to his late-80s themes (i.e. FK, Double Dare, Card Sharks, et al)?

jalman

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2003, 11:03:07 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 7 2003, 08:01 PM\'] [quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Dec 7 2003, 10:30 AM\'] I have a mic hooked up to my computer, but it doesn't stretch all the way to the TV.  The best I can do is:
1. Record the TV to an audio tape recorder.
2. Play back the tape, holding up the mic to the speaker.
3. Save the .wav file.
 [/quote]
Your sound card has a line input. (Trust me on this. If it has a mic in, it should have a line in.) That means if your TV either has a headphone jack or RCA outputs on the back (and find me one that doesn't have one or the other), you are about $10-$15 worth of cabling and adapters, at most, away from running television audio directly into your PC.

It amuses me that I live in a society where complete idiots can rip MP3's but people can't figure out how to run a wire from an "out" to an "in". :)

As for Sound Recorder, you should be able to find a replacement for that that isn't nearly as crippled with about five minutes worth of work on Google. [/quote]
TVs w/o RCA outputs and inputs made until about 10 years ago aren't that rare.   Mine has only coax input, so I just have to use my VCR for RCA outputs.

Anyways, if anybody's looking the right cable to send audio from TV-to-sound card, that wire is an RCA-to-1/8 stereo cable (also called RCA-to-3.5mm stereo cable).  These cables are sold at varying lengths.  Connect one end to the other, use your favorite audio recording program, and PRESTO!

I shake my head that not only do many people don't get the concept of connecting output to input, but many of these connectors and plugs are color coded to make things more idiot-proof and people are still mystified.  Now to find that 50 foot RCA A/V cable...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2003, 11:06:58 PM by jalman »

jalman

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2003, 11:09:57 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 7 2003, 10:01 AM\'] [quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 7 2003, 09:58 AM\'] Anyone know a place where I can get these cues? (especially Finders Keepers)

80tvthemes doesn't have any.

Thanks. [/quote]
80stvthemes.com has the Double Dare main theme from 1986, Obstacle Course music, and I think a piece used for Physical CHallenge. I haven't heard about themes from any other Nick shows being online. [/quote]
 Actually, the DD theme is from 1988.  The 1986 theme has some sort of synthesized organ instead of horns and has a more "80s"-ish sound.

Starkman

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2003, 11:27:19 PM »
Actually I perfered the Toffler theme than the eure theme, Liked the guitar riffs, added alot of spunk to the theme that I thought was lacking.

Anyone got the Get The Picture theme while we are at it? That I thought was the best of the nick game shows unless you consider the original WACK a game show.

clemon79

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2003, 01:26:32 AM »
[quote name=\'jalman\' date=\'Dec 7 2003, 09:03 PM\'] Mine has only coax input, so I just have to use my VCR for RCA outputs.
 [/quote]
 Proving my point all the more! GOD KNOWS most of you folks have VCR's! :)

whampyl03

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2003, 01:38:41 AM »
As for Sound Recorder, you should be able to find a replacement for that that isn't nearly as crippled with about five minutes worth of work on Google.

Allready done...

I love this program; I use it for all of my audio editing needs.  It's a Hell of an audio editor.  Absolute best free open-source audio editor around; period.  Best thing since the Google Toolbar, if I had to say so myself.

zachhoran

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2003, 09:11:31 AM »
[quote name=\'Starkman\' date=\'Dec 7 2003, 11:27 PM\']
Anyone got the Get The Picture theme while we are at it? [/quote]
 I don't know of that theme making the trading rounds. It was the first Nick game show theme not composed by Kalehoff, as it was composed by Dan Vitco, as per the show closing credits.

clemon79

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2003, 11:47:30 AM »
[quote name=\'whampyl03\' date=\'Dec 7 2003, 11:38 PM\'] Allready done...

[/quote]
 Hey, this looks interesting. I'm a Goldwave man, myself, usually, but there are some things that Goldwave makes too hard, and this looks like it's very easy and intuitive. Thanks for posting this!