Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nick Gas Game show Themes  (Read 5386 times)

cmjb13

Nick Gas Game show Themes
« on: December 07, 2003, 09:58:20 AM »
Anyone know a place where I can get these cues? (especially Finders Keepers)

80tvthemes doesn't have any.

Thanks.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2003, 10:01:34 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 7 2003, 09:58 AM\'] Anyone know a place where I can get these cues? (especially Finders Keepers)

80tvthemes doesn't have any.

Thanks. [/quote]
 80stvthemes.com has the Double Dare main theme from 1986, Obstacle Course music, and I think a piece used for Physical CHallenge. I haven't heard about themes from any other Nick shows being online.

cmjb13

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2003, 10:10:56 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 7 2003, 10:01 AM\']I haven't heard about themes from any other Nick shows being online.[/quote]
One of those gameshow themed yahoo groups apparently posted the Finder's Keepers theme at one time, but it's not there now.

I'm suprised that these haven't been more readily available.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

zachhoran

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2003, 10:15:16 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 7 2003, 10:10 AM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 7 2003, 10:01 AM\']I haven't heard about themes from any other Nick shows being online.[/quote]
One of those gameshow themed yahoo groups apparently posted the Finder's Keepers theme at one time, but it's not there now.

I'm suprised that these haven't been more readily available. [/quote]
 I am too, considering how other Kalehoff and Score themes have found their way to our hands, via the two CDs and sites like 80stvthemes.com(last update about five years ago, but still a good site nonetheless)

cmjb13

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2003, 10:21:56 AM »
I am too, considering how other Kalehoff and Score themes have found their way to our hands, via the two CDs and sites like 80stvthemes.com(last update about five years ago, but still a good site nonetheless)
Actually I meant that I'm suprised the Nick Themes haven't been made available since a lot of other cues have been (some obscure stuff as well)

Stan Blits wonders how those cues got out as well.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2003, 10:22:20 AM by cmjb13 »

zachhoran

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2003, 10:41:39 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 7 2003, 10:21 AM\']

Stan Blits wonders how those cues got out as well. [/quote]
 Especially the All-Star Blits theme :)

GS Warehouse

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2003, 10:59:10 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 7 2003, 10:41 AM\'] [quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 7 2003, 10:21 AM\']Stan Blits wonders how those cues got out as well. [/quote]
Especially the All-Star Blits theme :) [/quote]
 [throws Christmas ornaments at Zach]

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2003, 11:03:57 AM »
I have the syndie FK theme, but it's not clean. Would really like to have the theme from Think Fast.

cmjb13

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2003, 11:05:51 AM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Dec 7 2003, 11:03 AM\']I have the syndie FK theme, but it's not clean. Would really like to have the theme from Think Fast.[/quote]
Any chance you could post it or e-mail it?

cmjb13

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2003, 11:08:41 AM »
I have the syndie FK theme, but it's not clean

Would really like to have the theme from Think Fast
I'd love to have that and Make the Grade, but the Think Fast theme has got to be pretty long as when they played the games that took forever it only looped once (at least from what I could tell)

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2003, 11:36:08 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 7 2003, 12:08 PM\']

I'd love to have that and Make the Grade, but the Think Fast theme has got to be pretty long as when they played the games that took forever it only looped once (at least from what I could tell) [/quote]
 I'm getting the FK theme up as we speak.

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2003, 11:42:27 AM »
The FK theme is now up at my new group.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gsthememusic/

A couple other things there might be interesting to some of you also.

Speedy G

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2003, 12:15:34 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 7 2003, 11:08 AM\']

I'd love to have that and Make the Grade, but the Think Fast theme has got to be pretty long as when they played the games that took forever it only looped once (at least from what I could tell)[/quote]
The Think Fast theme isn't as long as you might think... they regularly played through the thing at least once during the credits (in the Carrington part of the run, anyway).  They used a slowed-down version of the theme for some games, so that may be why it seemed so long.

I do remember one episode of MtG where the game ran short, so they showed clips of Lew out asking people on the street questions.  When they started rolling the credits, the theme was played pretty cleanly (there may have been some light applause added to it).

Oh, how I wish I had the equipment to record TV audio onto my computer...
Solar-powered flashlight, hour 4 of the Today show, the Purple Parrots.  *rips open envelope, blows into it*

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2003, 12:24:53 PM »
Yeah, I noticed that about Think Fast too. Only one of the 3 Lackey eps I have has a full credit roll, while almost every Carrington ep has the full credits.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2003, 12:30:55 PM »
[quote name=\'Speedy G\' date=\'Dec 7 2003, 12:15 PM\'] Oh, how I wish I had the equipment to record TV audio onto my computer... [/quote]
 I have a mic hooked up to my computer, but it doesn't stretch all the way to the TV.  The best I can do is:
1. Record the TV to an audio tape recorder.
2. Play back the tape, holding up the mic to the speaker.
3. Save the .wav file.
There are two drawbacks: depending on the tape recorder, the quality won't be that great; and Windows Sound Recorder can only make .wav files of up to 60 seconds in length.

P.S. We all might want to wait a few hours before downloading that FK theme.  That group's already over its bandwidth limit!