Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Concentration Game Show by Norm Blumenthal  (Read 929 times)

charlievong

Concentration Game Show by Norm Blumenthal
« on: September 19, 2011, 09:06:13 PM »
I am looking for episodes on either February, March or April of 1964.  My dear friend who is turning 72 this year told me he was on this show for three successive days.  His name is Joe McKenna.  During the time the show host was Hugh Downs but he was not the host when he was on.  If anyone have any leads that will be great.  I would love to give him a glimpse of himself for his birthday.  Thank you for taking the time and reading and I hope to hear all your imports on where to start exploring and finding these episodes.  

Have a great day!

normb

Concentration Game Show by Norm Blumenthal
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 09:27:34 AM »
I am looking for episodes on either February, March or April of 1964.  My dear friend who is turning 72 this year told me he was on this show for three successive days.  His name is Joe McKenna.  During the time the show host was Hugh Downs but he was not the host when he was on.  If anyone have any leads that will be great.  I would love to give him a glimpse of himself for his birthday.  Thank you for taking the time and reading and I hope to hear all your imports on where to start exploring and finding these episodes.  

Have a great day!
Unfortunately, during those years NBC erased just about all of its daily programming -- game shows, soap operas, etc.  It would be virtually impossible to find any visual recordings of your friend's apperance on the show. The tapes were kept for only 90 days -- for legal purposes (in case smeone cried "foul!" or tried to sue us). The cost of those huge tape reels (2" wide) and the storage fees was extremely high.  With a tremendous lack of foresight, NBC foolishly eradicated all but a rare few of these memorable treasures.