Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sir Fonz?  (Read 1117 times)

LA the DJ

Sir Fonz?
« on: September 16, 2011, 05:27:07 PM »
...Not quite, but Entertainment Weekly is reporting that Henry Winkler has been given the title of Honorary Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (OBE) by British royalty. Winkler took over Hollywood Squares in 2002, and thankfully made it's last couple of years a little more watchable. What made me decide the story was post-worthy, though, was that it mentions Winkler helping out a young Steve Holland early in his career. Savage Steve, if my estimated chronology is correct, was either working on at the time, or about to work on the Whammies for Press Your Luck.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/16/showbiz/celebrity-news-gossip/henry-winkler-obe/index.html?eref=rss_showbiz
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 05:28:31 PM by LA the DJ »
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Sir Fonz?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 06:24:41 PM »
Winkler was the guest on the "Not My Job" segment of Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me! last week. A quick (paraphrased) passage with him and host Peter Sagal:

Henry: I'll go with A.

Peter: I'm sorry, can you say that again?

Henry: A.

Peter: I'm sorry, I'm not quite catching that. A little slower?

Henry: (light bulb going on): Oh. <laughs> Ayyyyyy!

...and the producers, seeing opportunity, were hip enough to make sure that all three correct answers to his questions were "A". I was pleased.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 06:26:31 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Sir Fonz?
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 06:44:48 PM »
I was pleased.
If not my favorite one outright, it was easily in my top five favorite Not My Job segments for as long as I've been listening.
Travis L. Eberle

TimK2003

Sir Fonz?
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 09:09:14 PM »

...and the producers, seeing opportunity, were hip enough to make sure that all three correct answers to his questions were "A". I was pleased.

Kind of funny that Henry didn't "get it" until he was heavily advised late in the 3rd question.