Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Internship @ "Price"  (Read 2982 times)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Internship @ "Price"
« on: September 23, 2011, 10:19:50 AM »
How does one become an intern at The Price Is Right?
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Mr. Brown

Internship @ "Price"
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 11:39:26 AM »
Take a ride on Mark Goodson's casting couch?
Cheers,
Mr. Brown, Esq.
‎"I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body." -Charlie Sheen

Jeremy Nelson

Internship @ "Price"
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 11:56:48 AM »
Is there a difference between being a Price intern and a CBS page working on Price?
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Internship @ "Price"
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 07:08:28 PM »
How does one become an intern at The Price Is Right?
10 years ago, when I had a similar question, I wrote Mr. Dobkowitz at the show.  He responded with a letter stating you need to be in a college program in which you would earn credits.  My suggestion would be to contact Mr. Richards' at the office on Whilshire Blvd.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Internship @ "Price"
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 04:23:28 AM »
Take a ride on Mark Goodson's casting couch?
That was how you became a model.

I believe the TPIR office, and by extension Mr. Richards' office, are on the TV City lot.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 04:37:25 AM by chris319 »

uncleplinko

Internship @ "Price"
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 03:28:44 AM »
When I interned, I sent a cover letter and resume to Roger, stating I majored in Game Show development. The best four months of my entire college career was spent at TVC, but that was back in the day when no one was working in a toxic environment, and no one was afraid for their jobs or of being associated with the fan base.
HomeGameEntertainment.com
"Bringing The Contestant Experience Home"

BrandonFG

Internship @ "Price"
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 06:57:21 AM »
Is there a difference between being a Price intern and a CBS page working on Price?
If it's anything like my TV internship, you handle a lot of odds-and-ends that producers may be too busy to handle, but also learn how the show works. It just varies from day to day.

The pages, if I'm not mistaken, handle audience members and tours, and make sure the folks waiting in line are okay. I don't think they're as directly involved with the producers, as opposed to an intern.

Oh, and I'm guessing interns aren't paid either. Again, I'm basing that on my two TV internships.

/NYC, summer 2003
//Wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!
///Has it really been 8 years?!
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!