Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What game shows teped in Florida?  (Read 7110 times)

BrandonFG

What game shows teped in Florida?
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2003, 12:47:39 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 24 2003, 07:37 PM\'] [quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Dec 24 2003, 03:46 PM\'] I consider Ameican Gladiators a game show, and they taped in Universal Studios Florida (and I really could give a flip if someone wants to argue otherwise). [/quote]
I thought they taped at Universal Studios in Hollywood. I know the dinner theater show is/was done out of Florida, but did they actually do a season of the TV show from there? [/quote]
 I'm almost sure they did. I remember the Universal Studios neon sign during the intro. Also add Shop Til You Drop to the list, at least the last years of the Lifetime run.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

ChuckNet

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2003, 01:50:07 PM »
TEEN WIN, LOSE OR DRAW: Marc Price hosted the junior version of the NBC/syndicated series where there were two teams of one celeb & two kids of each gender.

The "adult" WLoD also did at least a week of shows from Disney-MGM during its 2nd season (88-89).

And while we're on the subject of Florida-based game shows, may as well name the obvious: Flamingo Fortune, the 95-99(?) state lottery GS.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2003, 02:55:00 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 25 2003, 12:47 AM\'] I'm almost sure they did. I remember the Universal Studios neon sign during the intro. [/quote]
 Oh, yeah... now I remember.

Brandon Brooks

Timsterino

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2003, 02:05:41 AM »
[quote name=\'DJDustman\' date=\'Dec 24 2003, 06:09 PM\'] [quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' date=\'Dec 24 2003, 02:13 PM\'] Let's not forget Davidson Squares' yearly trip to Hollywood, FL. [/quote]
I lived a block from where the taped the Hollywood Squares!  It was at Hollywood Beach, Florida. [/quote]
 Small world. I live in Aventura, FL, not too far away. The new Diplomat is a beautiful hotel. I remember those Oranges and Water Skis very well. :-)

Tim :-)

Don Howard

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2003, 02:56:35 AM »
Did the Bob Eubanks-hosted Family Secrets tape there also?

tvrandywest

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2003, 03:09:35 AM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Dec 25 2003, 11:05 PM\'][quote name=\'DJDustman\' date=\'Dec 24 2003, 06:09 PM\']
I lived a block from where the taped the Hollywood Squares!  It was at Hollywood Beach, Florida. [/quote]
Small world. I live in Aventura, FL, not too far away. The new Diplomat is a beautiful hotel. [/quote]
OMG, I forget that the Davidson Squares taped there. I used to frequent the Fountenbleau before English became the second language. The new Diplomat was still being built when I was in the area last year; I can't wait to see the new one. Back in the 80s the old Dip had doormen who would greet you with "Welcome to the home of the millionaires". I loved that!

So since you are apparently inches away, exactly where were those HS shows taped?

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

uncamark

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2003, 08:39:39 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 25 2003, 12:47 AM\']Also add Shop Til You Drop to the list, at least the last years of the Lifetime run.[/quote]
"STYD" was shot at Universal back in California.  It never moved east.

The only S-S studio game shot outside of LA was the immortal "Mall Masters at the Mall of America," shot in Bloomington, Minn.

ChuckNet

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2003, 10:56:01 PM »
Did the Bob Eubanks-hosted Family Secrets tape there also?

Yep...also, just to clarify, TWLoD only taped its 1st season at Disney-MGM before moving to CBS Studio Center in LA for the last 2 (at which time Mark Walberg made his GS debut as announcer in the guise of "Jeff", host Marc Price's unseen "next-door neighbor").

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

BrandonFG

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2003, 03:40:11 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Dec 27 2003, 08:39 PM\'] [quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 25 2003, 12:47 AM\']Also add Shop Til You Drop to the list, at least the last years of the Lifetime run.[/quote]
"STYD" was shot at Universal back in California.  It never moved east.

The only S-S studio game shot outside of LA was the immortal "Mall Masters at the Mall of America," shot in Bloomington, Minn. [/quote]
 Cool...thanks for the clarification. Shows how much I really wanted to forget STYD. ;-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!