Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: one shot at the winners circle  (Read 7848 times)

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
one shot at the winners circle
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2011, 09:13:16 PM »
In no order: Cullen, Clark, White, Polic II, Nipsey.
For one shot? Are you gonna have them tag in after each subject?

Yes.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2011, 10:44:50 PM »
In no order: Cullen, Clark, White, Polic II, Nipsey.
Yes.
I would prepare to hear the dulcet tones of the FailBuzzer, then.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Kevin Prather

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2011, 11:55:42 PM »
Yes.
I would prepare to hear the dulcet tones of the FailBuzzer, then.
The sick thing is that some TV producer will probably take that idea and run with it for the next Pyramid revival.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2011, 11:57:24 PM »
The sick thing is that some TV producer will probably take that idea and run with it for the next Pyramid revival.
Pyramid Go? Say it ain't so!
Travis L. Eberle

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2011, 04:58:16 AM »
Pyramid Go? Say it ain't so!
I wanted to say something about Pyramid Players when I heard this, but thought it'd be better if we just left it alone.

By the way, I just wanted to mention that most of the partners mentioned in this thread were never the winning celeb in the $100K tournament, but were commonly seen as some of the best players ever. I'm wondering if there is some correlation there (I.e. great in the regular season, not as much in the playoffs, and vice versa)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 05:02:35 AM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

toddyo

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2011, 11:52:03 AM »
Joel Brooks.

That Don Guy

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2011, 04:08:03 PM »
How about Jack Klugman?

Kevin Prather

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2011, 05:10:45 PM »
By the way, I just wanted to mention that most of the partners mentioned in this thread were never the winning celeb in the $100K tournament, but were commonly seen as some of the best players ever. I'm wondering if there is some correlation there (I.e. great in the regular season, not as much in the playoffs, and vice versa)
One of the players that is (from what I've seen) widely regarded as one of the greatest Pyramid players ever is Adrienne Barbeau. Did she even take part in a $100k tournament during the Clark era?

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2011, 05:21:51 PM »
One of the players that is (from what I've seen) widely regarded as one of the greatest Pyramid players ever is Adrienne Barbeau. Did she even take part in a $100k tournament during the Clark era?

From what I can ascertain here, she did one tournament in January 1987.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

tpirfan28

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2011, 05:35:46 PM »
Tin-foil hat time: by not having those we've listed, it balances out the celebrities' skill better (and probably lengthens the tournament just a touch longer).
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2011, 05:47:28 PM »

From what I can ascertain here, she did one tournament in January 1987.
According to Wikipedia, she won two in the Davidson era, making her one of only three celebs to win twice (Shelley Smith won two in the Clark era, and Barry Jenner won one in each era)
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.