Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I'm Going to Be on Millionaire!  (Read 8944 times)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
I'm Going to Be on Millionaire!
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2011, 05:10:28 PM »
A million congratulations, from one contestant to another! Take 'em for all they've got.
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

wdm1219inpenna

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2011, 08:23:55 PM »
Truly exciting news Chad!  Very best wishes to you!

WhirlieBird74

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2011, 08:56:01 PM »
Congrats, Chad!  I wished I was in that contestant pool.  I auditioned for the show in Charlotte on 7/13, but broke a couple of cardinal rules.  One, not seeing there was a link (@ Millionairetv.com) to download the application.  I could have had that application printed, filled out, and ready to hand in (after passing the test, of course) to the staffer.  The second, was having a personality of a 'dead fish', which was a result of breaking Cardinal Rule #1.  After passing the test (on my 3rd try--since 2007), I had to hastily fill out the application for 'Millionaire'.  What could have been thoughtfully filled out in a couple of hours, was filled out in mere minutes.  By the time I was interviewed with the Staffer, I knew that I had already blown my 'golden opportunity' towards getting on my second game show in 13-1/2 years (the first being 'Wheel of Fortune', in 1998).  I was 100% responsible for NOT being selected for the show.

gameshowcrazy

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2011, 10:20:06 PM »
As far as I can tell, that video interview part of the process is new.

As far as the type of info you really asked for...

I've heard there is a Holiday Inn around the corner from the studio with good rates, but I don't remember where that is.

When you're there, on Columbus (the same street as the studio), there is a good pizza shop.  If you were standing at the ABC building and looking across the street at the Starbucks, cross the street and go right on Columbus.  The pizza place isn't too far from there.  There is also a great deli on the opposite side of the street as the pizza place.

Remember that you are in one of the richest zip codes in the country, so everything is expensive.  For a good sit-down meal, I would suggest walking up to Hell's Kitchen, that's about the best prices for food in Manhattan.  Again, starting at the ABC studio and looking across the street at Starbucks, go to your left on Columbus.  Columbus becomes 9th Street (Streets go east/west, avenues go north/south--the island is many miles long, but only two miles wide east/west).  when you get into the 50s on Avenues, find a place that you think will have good food and you'll probably be right.

If you want to see Times Square, take Columbus/9th to 42nd and turn left.  After Times Square, walk North on 5th to FAO Schwartz and the Apple Store.

If you need anything else, ask Carrie for my email, I'll get in touch.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 10:22:26 PM by gameshowcrazy »

mathwhiz

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2011, 11:22:33 PM »
Let me add my congratulations to Chad here as well on his success.  He and I did a road trip to Chicago for the try-outs.  His turned out a lot better than mine - I made it to the video interview, but didn't make it into the contestant pool.  Here's to next time!

Rich

vexer6

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2011, 10:36:28 PM »
I live within 20 miles of Chicago, but unfortunately I was too busy that day to go to the tryouts, oh well.  Good luck to you man!

chad1m

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2011, 09:48:04 PM »
I need to get my guest list for Millionaire finalized pretty soon. If you know you'll be available in NYC the morning of the 31st and would like to come to my week's taping, I can guarantee admission for you and would love to have a forum member or five root me on. Just send me a message and I will hook you up.

gameshowcrazy

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2011, 04:15:47 PM »
I already happen to have tickets for the Wednesday afternoon taping session, so at least one of us will be there rooting for you!

MrBuddwing

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2011, 10:32:56 AM »
The strangest thing - I received an e-mail from Disney.com inviting me to try out for "Millionaire" again.

I tried six times - passing the written test the first four times but apparently failing in my charm offensive - before tossing in the towel. Now they want me to try again? Are they that strapped for contestants???

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2011, 11:40:05 AM »
The strangest thing - I received an e-mail from Disney.com inviting me to try out for "Millionaire" again.

I tried six times - passing the written test the first four times but apparently failing in my charm offensive - before tossing in the towel. Now they want me to try again? Are they that strapped for contestants???
Give it a try and turn on the charm.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

GiraffeBoy

• "He can solve puzzles, that's for sure."-Pat Sajak
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2011, 01:14:46 AM »
Wishing you all the best of luck. [font="Arial Black"]GO GET THAT MILLION![/font]

--Charlie
"B, 2 hours, 52 minutes, 59 seconds...final answer?"
WWTBAM Play It! DCA Million Point Winner #42 - Stick your neck out with pride!

davemackey

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2011, 09:07:25 AM »
When I did the show I stayed at the Hotel Lucerne, and they gave us a special rate because I was a Millionaire contestant. About 10 blocks from the studios. 212-875-1000

BillCullen1

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2011, 09:29:45 PM »
I'll miss you by a day Chad - I got tickets for the August 30th afternoon taping and I'm busy on the 31st. But the beat of luck - go get 'em soldier!!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2011, 10:32:29 PM »
Here's hoping that the current unpleasantness heading toward the Big Apple doesn't do enough damage to throw everything for a loop.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chad1m

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2011, 10:05:17 PM »
So, I did play my game today. I had a fantastic time taping. I *believe* my tentative air date is September 29 (and 30 if a carryover is needed.) The experience was incredible - here's a photo of me during rehearsal: sprintphotoe0rcuq.jpg
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 06:33:59 PM by chad1m »