Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I'm Going to Be on Millionaire!  (Read 8941 times)

chad1m

I'm Going to Be on Millionaire!
« on: August 11, 2011, 05:41:42 PM »
After auditioning in Chicago on July 15th, I have officially qualified to be a contestant on Who Wants to be a Millionaire! I tape August 31st and September 1st if need be! Ahhhhhh!

While I would of course like this to be a notification thread, I'd also like advice! For anyone who's been there before, thoughts on hotel stay, airports and anything else relevant for a 3 night stay? :D

Woooooooo!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 05:44:00 PM by chad1m »

J.R.

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 06:18:30 PM »
Congratulations Chad!
-Joe Raygor

Kevin Prather

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 06:34:06 PM »
Congrats and best of luck!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 09:18:45 PM »
Well done, sir.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 10:39:34 PM »
Best of luck to you, Chad. This is your third game show, right?
Bobby Peacock

thewhammy_2000

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 10:45:43 PM »
I guess you scored better than me on the testing because I was also there.

I wonder if they will air footage of the tryouts because while I was going to the room, a camera was shooting right in front of my face as I was going up the esclators.

I'll try again if they ever come to town again. (For the third time). Congratulations on another game show appearance.

William_S.

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 12:52:36 AM »
Better than what I can do. I wish you all the luck. Kill the tower and make your way to Clas.. ahem FINAL Millionare!!
Again Congrats!!

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 02:11:20 AM »

I wonder if they will air footage of the tryouts because while I was going to the room, a camera was shooting right in front of my face as I was going up the esclators.

I'll try again if they ever come to town again. (For the third time). Congratulations on another game show appearance.

Considering I sat next to him during the exam, I'd knew he'd get it.
Congrats Chad!

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 09:00:47 AM »
Dammit Chad, stop being so awesome!

...why didn't I hear about this Chicago tryout sooner?  I definitely would have gone had I known about it.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 10:14:41 AM »
Congratulations, Chad.

All three NYC airports have good options for transportation into midtown, but LaGuardia (LGA) is the closest.  Cabs can be pricey, but buses are available (and, from JFK, there's the AirTrain--an elevated train loop around the many terminals that also connects to the NYC subway system, so for $7 you can get from any terminal to almost anywhere in the five boroughs).

The hotel where ABC put us up when I did the show is closed, unfortunately, but there are plenty of others in the area; several are in walking distance of the studio.  You might want to try TripAdvisor, too (I've put in some wild-guess parameters, but you can adjust those to your liking.)

Good luck!
czambo@mac.com

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 11:00:48 AM »

Same here! I didn't know that this many of you guys were at the tryout that day! I knew about 25 of them and was 50-50 on the rest- obviously my guesses didn't fall the right way. Oh well- next time.

Congrats Chad! Good luck!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 11:01:42 AM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

chad1m

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 01:02:45 PM »
Thanks for everything so far, folks!

This is your third game show, right?
Third in-studio, yep.

gameshowcrazy

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 04:01:59 PM »
That's the day I'll be there to watch!

Good Luck!

gameshowcrazy

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2011, 04:15:30 PM »
I’m curious about something—I’ve heard that when the initial testing and interviews happen, those that are picked to be in the contestant pool are being told right there that they are in the pool and they are given some papers to sign.  Did this happen with you, or did you get a postcard in the mail telling you that you were in the pool?

chad1m

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2011, 04:58:32 PM »
Did this happen with you, or did you get a postcard in the mail telling you that you were in the pool?
After the initial one-on-one interview, I was given a release to sign in order to be able to be video interviewed, the next step in the process. However, I didn't get any notification of success or failure until I got the "congratulations" postcard in the mail a little more than a week later.