Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Well It's Official  (Read 8378 times)

Brandon Brooks

Well It's Official
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2003, 12:57:57 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Dec 9 2003, 11:32 PM\']
what exactly is preventing you from sharing at least a little of your format with us?
Um, Matt, you're forgetting that we discourage posting the specifics of members' show concepts, mainly to protect the originator of the idea.
 [/quote]
 But does this matter if the format is protected?  1) I don't know if it is or not, and 2) I'm not asking to see the concept.  But I am also rather weary of a pitch that hasn't even tested yet.

Brandon Brooks

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Well It's Official
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2003, 05:39:19 PM »
does this matter if the format is protected?
Yes.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Well It's Official
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2003, 06:09:07 PM »
Yeah, but how many folks other than Ricci here have genuine concepts that are actually close to getting to production? And how many folks here could feasibly rip off his idea? And get a show in the works before he does?
I think his show being "close to getting to production" is about as close as my becoming a rabbi.

Now, I'm not saying that he does have all the know-how to get a show off the ground, but judging by his website and the Combination Lock pilot, he's closer than most of us.
To be blunt, if you've never been involved in the production of a game show I don't see where you're qualified to make that statement, particularly when you're basing your judgement on what you see on a web site.

Unless there are a lot of producers that read this board as guests that we don't know about, I'd say it's a fairly low risk situation.
In reality you're probably right. In reality you and I will probably never be audited by the IRS, but you have to be prepared for that contingency. Besides, if a game show based on Rubik's cube were feasible it probably would have been done 20 years ago when it was still a fad and game shows still saleable.

In theory anyone can come up with a game show based on Rubik's cube. The chances of a producer picking up his undescribed and untested idea from here are nil. That doesn't change our policy of not encouraging the posting of game ideas.

Hey, he could approach Bob Boden with it! :-)

tommycharles

Well It's Official
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2003, 06:18:23 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Dec 10 2003, 06:09 PM\']
Now, I'm not saying that he does have all the know-how to get a show off the ground, but judging by his website and the Combination Lock pilot, he's closer than most of us.
To be blunt, if you've never been involved in the production of a game show I don't see where you're qualified to make that statement, particularly when you're basing your judgement on what you see on a web site.

[/quote]
 You're right, I'm not qualified to make that statement, I was just saying that if he's been through the motions of making a pilot, he has to know enough about what he's doing to be a little ahead of some of the rest of us. But I could be wrong.

jrjgames

Well It's Official
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2004, 09:34:17 PM »
I think his show being "close to getting to production" is about as close as my becoming a rabbi.
You might be eating those words soon, Rabbi Chris! ;)
In theory anyone can come up with a game show based on Rubik's cube. The chances of a producer picking up his undescribed and untested idea from here are nil.
Well yes anyone can create a game show based on Rubiks Cube, however I WAS able to acquire the exclusive domestic and international rights to probably the most popular toy in the world based on this "untested" idea and someone IS picking up this idea...guess it was JUST THAT GOOD! :)

More news soon!
John

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Well It's Official
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2004, 10:31:18 PM »
[quote name=\'jrjgames\' date=\'Aug 18 2004, 06:34 PM\']
You might be eating those words soon, Rabbi Chris! ;) [/quote]
 Good luck with your show, but you said "close to production" back in December. It is now August.

J.R.

Well It's Official
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2004, 11:31:28 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Dec 3 2003, 12:53 PM\'] [quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Dec 3 2003, 12:44 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 3 2003, 11:41 AM\'] I wish you the best of luck with this, although I have to wonder if you're not 20 years late to the table with it... [/quote]
An animated series featuring Rubik's Cube lasted just one season.  My suggestion: don't let Ron Palillo or Menudo anywhere near this project. [/quote]
How about giving Patrick Wayne that second shot? ;) [/quote]
 Nah, I say give Mike Rielly a new shot at hosting !

Good luck with the pitch. Maybe we'll all attend a taping when it gets going. Anyone know how to get to CBS Television City ? : )
-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

tvrandywest

Well It's Official
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2004, 11:36:24 PM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Aug 18 2004, 07:31 PM\'] Good luck with the pitch. Maybe we'll all attend a taping when it gets going. Anyone know how to get to CBS Television City ? : ) [/quote]
 Practice!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

jrjgames

Well It's Official
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2004, 12:57:05 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Aug 18 2004, 09:31 PM\'][quote name=\'jrjgames\' date=\'Aug 18 2004, 06:34 PM\']
You might be eating those words soon, Rabbi Chris! ;) [/quote]
Good luck with your show, but you said "close to production" back in December. It is now August.[/quote]
Well you of all people should know the process of "hurry up and wait" in hollywood.

John

HairMetalLives

Well It's Official
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2004, 04:10:02 AM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Aug 18 2004, 08:31 PM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Dec 3 2003, 12:53 PM\'] [quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Dec 3 2003, 12:44 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 3 2003, 11:41 AM\'] I wish you the best of luck with this, although I have to wonder if you're not 20 years late to the table with it... [/quote]
An animated series featuring Rubik's Cube lasted just one season.  My suggestion: don't let Ron Palillo or Menudo anywhere near this project. [/quote]
How about giving Patrick Wayne that second shot? ;) [/quote]
Nah, I say give Mike Rielly a new shot at hosting ! [/quote]
 I'm sure I could find time in my schedule to give it a shot!! ;) (Mike Reilly may be a better bet, though. At least he has experience in the field.)

But back to seriousness, I wish you nothing but the very best on this project.