Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Well It's Official  (Read 8376 times)

PeterMarshallFan

Well It's Official
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2003, 05:16:13 PM »
A game show about a Rubik's Cube sounds very intriguing! Good luck with it!

CBSJokersWildFan

Well It's Official
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2003, 05:19:09 PM »
I hope this venture works out well for you, John.

jrjgames

Well It's Official
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2003, 05:47:14 PM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Dec 3 2003, 05:02 PM\'] I'm slightly amused that a thread about another highly-touted John Ricci license acquisition comes back to Trivial Pursuit. [/quote]
 Yeah very...well keep in mind, I promoted Trivial Pursuit because it was a go at the time.

Please keep in mind that I DID NOT hold the rights to TP, I was working with a producer at the time and the deal...soured...not to get into it.

I'm very disappoited that didn't work!

But we shall see with this as now I hold the reins with this one!

Thanks!

John

scully24

Well It's Official
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2003, 08:10:00 PM »
Two questions:

--Won't it be hard to find 54 celebrities to fill all those squares?

and

--Won't some of them fall out of their chairs when the cube is turned face down?

:-)

ChuckNet

Well It's Official
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2003, 08:18:43 PM »
Good luck, John...hope it sells!

Chuck Donegan (The Eager "Chuckie Baby")

itiparanoid13

Well It's Official
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2003, 10:31:46 PM »
this sounds weird.  it might be pretty good.  who knows.  i really see no way possible to make Rubiks Cube into a game show, but kudos for doing it.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Well It's Official
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2003, 04:07:57 AM »
John, have you actually played this game?

jrjgames

Well It's Official
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2003, 08:18:45 AM »
The game has not been play tested yet...but the concept is not that difficult.  Although it may be hard to believe, there is a way to make this a game show! ;)

John

Matt Ottinger

Well It's Official
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2003, 10:34:20 AM »
[quote name=\'jrjgames\' date=\'Dec 4 2003, 09:18 AM\'] The game has not been play tested yet...but the concept is not that difficult.  Although it may be hard to believe, there is a way to make this a game show! [/quote]
 I wish you all the luck in the world, but I think I'm kinda where Chris is.  If you haven't even play tested the game yet, how on earth do you have any idea whether the game works for a TV audience?  I can think of lots of games that are "not that difficult" that I wouldn't want to spend time watching someone else play.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

jrjgames

Well It's Official
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2003, 01:35:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Dec 4 2003, 10:34 AM\'] I wish you all the luck in the world, but I think I'm kinda where Chris is.  If you haven't even play tested the game yet, how on earth do you have any idea whether the game works for a TV audience?  I can think of lots of games that are "not that difficult" that I wouldn't want to spend time watching someone else play. [/quote]
 Well when i say its not difficult, its a simple format that in its present form I know will work.  However as everyone knows nothing ever stays the way it was when it started out...so the format I think is there to raise some eyebrows, im sure it will go through changes once someone gets interested.

John

SplitSecond

Well It's Official
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2003, 02:29:52 PM »
It's interesting that you've plopped down the money for the name and made a public announcement about having done so without having even played through the format or gotten anyone interested in it.

I still wish you luck, but all the same, I hope that's money you weren't going to miss anyway.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Well It's Official
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2003, 03:36:10 PM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Dec 4 2003, 12:29 PM\'] It's interesting that you've plopped down the money for the name and made a public announcement about having done so without having even played through the format or gotten anyone interested in it.

I still wish you luck, but all the same, I hope that's money you weren't going to miss anyway. [/quote]
 How much does that sort of thing cost, anyhow? Or is that varied depending on the licence?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

Well It's Official
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2003, 03:47:56 PM »
[quote name=\'jrjgames\' date=\'Dec 4 2003, 02:35 PM\'] Well when i say its not difficult, its a simple format that in its present form I know will work. [/quote]
 Confidence is a wonderful thing, but for the record, I get at least one e-mail a week from somebody who's absolutely sure he's got the greatest idea for a game show ever.  And naturally, none of them are as good as MY great ideas!

Now, you absolutely deserve credit for locking down rights to a well-known pop culture icon, and that alone may get you some looks.  But to blithely use a phrase like "I know [it] will work" without actually having run tests to see whether it works, as either a game or a TV show, lies somewhere between confidence and blind optimism.

im sure it will go through changes once someone gets interested.
Despite the fact that you know the format will work in its current form?

BTW, what exactly is preventing you from sharing at least a little of your format with us?  Unlike a lot of the proposals we get here, you've got something that's uniquely attached to a property for which you control the rights.  It's not like anyone else will be able to steal your idea and make their own Rubik's Cube game show.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Well It's Official
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2003, 11:32:17 PM »
what exactly is preventing you from sharing at least a little of your format with us?
Um, Matt, you're forgetting that we discourage posting the specifics of members' show concepts, mainly to protect the originator of the idea.

when i say its not difficult, its a simple format that in its present form I know will work
What you have here is a sure-fire recipe for getting laughed out of a TV executive's office.

tommycharles

Well It's Official
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2003, 11:27:22 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Dec 9 2003, 11:32 PM\']
what exactly is preventing you from sharing at least a little of your format with us?
Um, Matt, you're forgetting that we discourage posting the specifics of members' show concepts, mainly to protect the originator of the idea.

[/quote]
 Yeah, but how many folks other than Ricci here have genuine concepts that are actually close to getting to production? And how many folks here could feasibly rip off his idea? And get a show in the works before he does?

Now, I'm not saying that he does have all the know-how to get a show off the ground, but judging by his website and the Combination Lock pilot, he's closer than most of us.

Unless there are a lot of producers that read this board as guests that we don't know about, I'd say it's a fairly low risk situation.

But you're paying the bills, after all.