Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: If you could pick one show, and only one show  (Read 18372 times)

Vahan_Nisanian

If you could pick one show, and only one show
« on: July 22, 2011, 12:57:28 AM »
Which one would it be? I would say Press Your Luck. Although I would be happy regardless of which episodes, I would much prefer if this time around, they show never before seen on GSN episodes.

beatlefreak84

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 01:56:41 AM »
My first instinct was going to be PYL as well, but I think I would have to go with 70s/80s TPIR.  The days of Johnny Olsen, Bob Barker at his prime, those pricing games that have long since left us, Janice and Holly...honestly, this was what I thought was the biggest treat when I first got to see GSN in the late '90s.

Even today, it still feels weird to have a Game Show Network without TPIR on it in any shape or form.

\same goes for J! and WOF, but I digress...

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 03:11:33 AM »
I wouldn't mind seeing the CBS run of TJW(1972-1975).  Even if we saw the first few months of it a few years ago, I would like to see more of it just to see how it managed to survived in the 3 years it was on CBS before it disappeared & then reappearing in syndication starting in 1978.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 06:13:27 AM »
Moore TTTT.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Chief-O

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 09:11:31 AM »
Tough call. Either LMAD or NYSI.

ETA: Or older J!.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 01:24:26 PM by Chief-O »
.....and it goes like this!!!

pacdude

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 10:41:42 AM »
My first instinct was going to be PYL as well, but I think I would have to go with 70s/80s TPIR.  The days of Johnny Olsen, Bob Barker at his prime, those pricing games that have long since left us, Janice and Holly...honestly, this was what I thought was the biggest treat when I first got to see GSN in the late '90s.

Even today, it still feels weird to have a Game Show Network without TPIR on it in any shape or form.

\same goes for J! and WOF, but I digress...

Anthony

I second that. I regret not liking old TPiR when I was a kid and it was on GSN.

Jay Temple

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 11:12:21 AM »
If we're only counting shows that don't air in any version, I'd go with Password. If we're allowing other versions of shows that are already on the schedule, I'd say $10/$20K Pyramid. Most of the ones already named would make my day if they came back, though.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

BrandonFG

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 11:18:33 AM »
I'd go with TPIR. Air the hour-long eps. from the mid-70s to the early-90s, and call it Classic TPiR. A lot of the college kids could see how the show looked before they were born, even if it's just from the late-80s.

That's right folks...most college kids were now born in 1990 or later. You're welcome. :-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

toddyo

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 11:35:15 AM »
I would agree with TPiR. From episode 1 through the end of Barker's run, furs and all. Any honestly, why hasn't GSN just come out and operated a Classics channel? Leave the episodes in their entirety, including ticket and fee plugs. I want to hear the voices of Johnny-O, Kenny Williams, Gene Wood and Johnny Jacobs. Even Bill Wendell, Jack Clark and Bob Clayton.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 01:46:50 PM »
Any honestly, why hasn't GSN just come out and operated a Classics channel?
IMO...GSN isn't carried on enough 'basic' tiers to merit them needing a second channel.  They don't have enough leverage to demand one.  It would be cost-prohibitive to do so.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Ian Wallis

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 02:02:33 PM »
I'd have to go with Break the Bank '76.  It still pains me that they ran through Go three times, and yet only aired about a third of Break the Bank and never went back to it.  I'd love to see the entire run just once.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

irwinsjournal.com

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 04:19:27 PM »
I loved "Sunday Night in Black and White" but since I can only pick one, I'll go with Password.
George in Ellison Park, NY

irwinsjournal.com

That Don Guy

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 10:31:56 PM »
Put me in the Barker TPIR camp as well, although I am under the impression GSN couldn't air them at the moment whether or not they wanted to.

pyrfan

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2011, 01:52:07 AM »
Gotta go with "$20,000 Pyramid." In addition to the fact that most of us probably missed the six months' worth that GSN showed 14 years ago, there's still another year and a half out there that I'm sure many of us would love to see for the first time -- or for the first time in over 30 years.

Brendan

The Pyramids

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2011, 06:51:37 PM »
I would like to see 'Price'. More realistically I hope that Combs 'Feud' comes back.