Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ranking the Feud hosts  (Read 11564 times)

Matt Ottinger

Ranking the Feud hosts
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2011, 11:15:34 PM »
I don't even question it anymore.....
Which is part of the reason I'm asking.....
OK, just as long as you don't question it anymore.

Seriously, humor is one of the more difficult things to "explain" to anyone.  Truly accept that you don't understand and move on.  Moving on without trying to BE funny would help too.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Ranking the Feud hosts
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2011, 11:16:21 PM »
(Those lines were being FED to them. Understand now, Peacock?)

That I know. I still don't know what's supposed to make any of them remotely funny instead of bashing for the sake of bashing.

Are you a game show fan, or are you just here to add to the list of message boards you're a member of?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
Ranking the Feud hosts
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2011, 11:20:26 PM »
Are you a game show fan, or are you just here to add to the list of message boards you're a member of?

What does disliking insults have to do with my being a game show fan? In what other game show does the host regularly prattle off insults, scripted or otherwise?

Truly accept that you don't understand and move on.  Moving on without trying to BE funny would help too.

I guess that's what frustrates me. I want to be funny, and sometimes — even here — I succeed.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 11:30:21 PM by Twentington »
Bobby Peacock

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Ranking the Feud hosts
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2011, 11:49:09 PM »
I guess that's what frustrates me. I want to be funny, and sometimes — even here — I succeed.
Twice, by my record. Compared to a WHOLE LOT of flop sweat.

/of course, in order for there to be flop sweat you have to be cognizant of the fact that you're flopping in the first place
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

Ranking the Feud hosts
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2011, 12:14:07 AM »
EDIT: Maybe I was a little too harsh here. Breathe in, breathe out.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 02:53:54 AM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

Twentington

Ranking the Feud hosts
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2011, 12:28:02 AM »
It isn't just about that and you know it's not just about that. I mean, how thickheaded are you? You're shown where you contradict yourself. You're shown why it's a contradiction. You reply in an obstinate fashion that shows you aren't willing to even concede that you might not be right about what you're saying.

Where did I ever say that I was right and everyone else is wrong? All I said boiled down to "look, I don't get this and I don't think I ever will." And I got my answer: apparently, I'm just not properly calibrated in the humor department. I'm never going to see insults as comedy, scripted or otherwise, and therefore never going to "get" TWL. And that's all right with me... there are eleventy zillion other game shows I can be a fan of.

Seth said "find what you're good at". And what I'm apparently good at, at least as far as things relevant to this forum, would include music and a rather extensive knowledge of Wheel. Which reminds me — maybe I should share the Wheel timeline I'm constructing.

I mean, how can I conclude that you're actually here because you're a fan of the forum's subject matter and not because you want another notch in your magical belt of internet omnipresence?

This might be a good place to start.
Bobby Peacock

vexer6

Ranking the Feud hosts
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2011, 12:31:35 AM »
Also, Anne Robinson isn't like that all the time, she had a much warmer personality on Watchdog. In fact, once she returned to the show, the producers wanted her to be more spiteful like she was on Link, but Robinson declined and used the same personality that she always used on the show.

chad1m

Ranking the Feud hosts
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2011, 02:20:47 AM »
(I know, I know. I shouldn't even be doing this.)
Especially because you've often been less than pleasant in your return to these parts. I'm not a big supporter of Bobby but this barrage you've just unleashed isn't much better than his lack of humor grasping.

/Dawson, Combs, Harvey, O'Hurley, Roker, Karn, Anderson

Johnissoevil

Ranking the Feud hosts
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2011, 04:01:15 AM »
1-Combs
2-Dawson
3-O'Hurley
4-Harvey
5-Anderson
6-Karn
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

Stevek83

Ranking the Feud hosts
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2011, 11:53:14 AM »
1.Combs- I grew up watching his version.
2.Dawson- I was too young to remember his work when it originally aired, but I saw it on GSN and loved it!
3.Harvey
4.O'Hurley- to me, he seemed bored the last two season.
5.Karn- he showed promise...until he got predictable
6.Anderson

Brian44

Ranking the Feud hosts
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2011, 12:24:07 PM »
Dawson, tie between Combs & Harvey, O'Hurley, Karn, Anderson
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 12:24:29 PM by Brian44 »

PYLdude

Ranking the Feud hosts
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2011, 12:09:47 AM »
Alright, last word on this (I wasn't aware you're modded):

It isn't just about that and you know it's not just about that. I mean, how thickheaded are you? You're shown where you contradict yourself. You're shown why it's a contradiction. You reply in an obstinate fashion that shows you aren't willing to even concede that you might not be right about what you're saying.

Where did I ever say that I was right and everyone else is wrong? All I said boiled down to "look, I don't get this and I don't think I ever will." And I got my answer: apparently, I'm just not properly calibrated in the humor department. I'm never going to see insults as comedy, scripted or otherwise, and therefore never going to "get" TWL. And that's all right with me... there are eleventy zillion other game shows I can be a fan of.

It's not what you say, it's how you say it. And I was rather offended by your tone- you made it seem like I, and others who share the opinion you disagree with, are somehow stupid for having that view. That's how I read it. If it wasn't your intent, then I apologize.

Twentington

Ranking the Feud hosts
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2011, 12:18:30 AM »
It's not what you say, it's how you say it. And I was rather offended by your tone- you made it seem like I, and others who share the opinion you disagree with, are somehow stupid for having that view. That's how I read it. If it wasn't your intent, then I apologize.

Apology accepted. My intent was certainly NOT to call anyone stupid who has an opposing opinion.
Bobby Peacock

PYLdude

Ranking the Feud hosts
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2011, 01:36:12 AM »

Apology accepted. My intent was certainly NOT to call anyone stupid who has an opposing opinion.

Alrighty then. Glad we at least seem to be on the same page here.