Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR meets Match Game  (Read 12373 times)

Jay Temple

TPiR meets Match Game
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 11:31:09 AM »
I second Secret X.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

xavier45

TPiR meets Match Game
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 11:52:08 AM »
That's too Much! Even when the game was winnable, it was still a dull game to me.

Jeremy Nelson

TPiR meets Match Game
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 12:22:29 PM »
For me the two games that would be first on the chopping block are Half-Off, Let 'em Roll and Pass the Buck.
This is why they retired Hit Me.  :-P
But they retired Hit Me because people couldn't cou- oh, I get it. VERY well played. Who's got the sheet of gold stars?

I'm going to take back my last answer and retire Range Game instead. In this day and age, the $150 range seems....chintzy. It's an easy fix, and they could make it something more like $500, but I'd rather just get rid of it. I really think that the only reason it stayed around so long was because of the 37 hours joke.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
TPiR meets Match Game
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2011, 01:28:02 PM »
For me the two games that would be first on the chopping block are Half-Off, Let 'em Roll and Pass the Buck.
This is why they retired Hit Me.  :-P
Haw, I see what I did there. I thought of Half-Assed and Let 'em Win first, then remembered PTB, but forgot to change two to three. Derp.

/Information got dispersed in my general direction. Well played.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

TPiR meets Match Game
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2011, 01:35:59 PM »
At first I wanted to say Joker, but it turns out TPTB shot that broken-legged horse a few years ago. Good.

I guess I'll go with Pick-A-Number.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
TPiR meets Match Game
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2011, 01:51:10 PM »
The thing I always take away from these threads is that if we all got our way, TPIR would have a slim, slim rotation. You're not going to like every game on a show like Price. If we did a thread like this about Jeopardy categories, it would feel the same way to me.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TPiR meets Match Game
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2011, 04:18:48 PM »
The thing I always take away from these threads is that if we all got our way, TPIR would have a slim, slim rotation.
Which is another reason that "What don't you like" threads are pretty annoying and generally serve no useful purpose.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
TPiR meets Match Game
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2011, 04:29:06 PM »
The thing I always take away from these threads is that if we all got our way, TPIR would have a slim, slim rotation. You're not going to like every game on a show like Price. If we did a thread like this about Jeopardy categories, it would feel the same way to me.
Hey, not every game can be Plinko.  :)

/Don't really dislike any game, but like some more than others.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Casey Buck

TPiR meets Match Game
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2011, 04:36:38 PM »

-Jason

To quote Roger: "Every game is somebody's favorite".
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 04:36:51 PM by Casey Buck »

clemon79

TPiR meets Match Game
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 04:45:33 PM »
You show me the man whose favorite game was Double Prices, and I will show you a flying pig, because both have an equal chance of existing.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
TPiR meets Match Game
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 06:38:32 PM »
You show me the man whose favorite game was Double Prices Professor Price, and I will show you a flying pig, because both have an equal chance of existing.
FTFY.

/Pick-A-Number.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Steve Gavazzi

TPiR meets Match Game
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011, 07:23:25 PM »
You show me the man whose favorite game was Double Prices, and I will show you a flying pig, because both have an equal chance of existing.
STDfan.

(I don't really believe him, but he certainly claimed it was...probably just another attempt to make himself stand out.)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 07:24:14 PM by Steve Gavazzi »

clemon79

TPiR meets Match Game
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011, 07:24:09 PM »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
TPiR meets Match Game
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2011, 10:12:13 PM »
The thing I always take away from these threads is that if we all got our way, TPIR would have a slim, slim rotation. You're not going to like every game on a show like Price.
No, but the list of "if I had one free stamp-out" games looks very small. I think that for the most part people have decent reasons, though I think it is interesting that people tolerate Squeeze Play but loathe Pick-a-Number, even though they're both the same idea.
Travis L. Eberle

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
TPiR meets Match Game
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2011, 11:11:50 PM »
Double Prices.

Seriously, it's the least taxing "game" on TPIR. "Is it $x or $y?" I pity anyone who gets called onstage to play that. At least with Switch?, there's some degree of something happening when the models show the prices and/or move them from one prop to the other.

I'd also say 10 Chances, because it takes way too freaking long and nobody seems to know how to play it. When's the last time someone won this? 2004? </hyperbole>
Bobby Peacock