Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NBC's Win it & FOX's Money Drop - R.I.P.  (Read 9021 times)

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
NBC's Win it & FOX's Money Drop - R.I.P.
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2011, 12:43:43 AM »
Thanks man! I know necro-bumping irritates people, so i'll try to refrain from doing it in the future

Actually, I'd give you a pass on this "rule." Your bumping of the "differ from the norm" thread was welcome. We tend to do major subjects like that only one time, and if you're new the board, huge kudos in your direction for finding topics you liked from the past, and adding your two or three cents. Yeah, maybe bumping a year old Wheel show summary would be odd, but as for the oldies-but-goodies? Bring 'em on. I loved that topic when we first did it, and I'm glad to see people contributing to it again.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

vexer6

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2011, 12:54:08 AM »
I really don't see why you rank DOND as the worst of all time when so many better examples exist, but to each his own.
I'd call it the worst of all time because it lasted so damn long, at least most truly awful game shows like Temptation were cancelled very quickly. On top of that, DOND had such an insane amount of filler that it could've easily been consdensed into half an hour, the contestants were annoying, the host was dull as dirt, and it was just so freaking BORING!  It made "Set For Life" look fast-paced by comparison.  It just sickens that a show that requied no skills lasted for 4 years.  Give me "The Chamber" or "The Chair" ANY day!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 12:14:56 PM by vexer6 »

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2011, 01:07:18 AM »
I really don't see why you rank DOND as the worst of all time when so many better examples exist, but to each his own.
I'd call it the worst of all time because unlike it lasted so damn long, at least most truly awful game shows like Temptation were cancelled very quickly. On top of that, DOND had such an insane amount of filler that it could've easily been consdensed into half an hour, the contestants were annoying, the host was dull as dirt, and it was just so freaking BORING!  It made "Set For Life" look fast-paced by comparison.  It just sickens that a show that requied no skills lasted for 4 years.  Give me "The Chamber" or "The Chair" ANY day!

I knew from the get-go that the "filler" was part of what drove DoND. It was okay at first, but the novelty wore off über-fast.
Bobby Peacock