Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NBC's Win it & FOX's Money Drop - R.I.P.  (Read 9025 times)

BillCullen1

NBC's Win it & FOX's Money Drop - R.I.P.
« on: May 17, 2011, 08:07:12 PM »
NBC and FOX have announced their Fall schedules. NBC is dropping Minute to Win It and FOX is not bringing back Million Dollar Money Drop. Buzzerblog has confirmed MTWI not returning. That show may wind up in reruns on GSN or The Hub.

Two down, eight to go, Miss Francis

WilliamPorygon

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 08:30:38 PM »
If M2WI doesn't come back at all I'll be quite disappointed but not surprised.  The ratings were never really there and the show certainly hurt itself with stuff like two hour episodes, less gameplay and more time listening to the contestants tell their sob stories, etc.

Money Drop, on the other hand, I couldn't care less about.

Thunder

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 08:52:38 PM »
"Not On The Fall Schedule" ≠ "R.I.P"

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 09:18:17 PM »
What's with NBC taking these shows and squeezing out sob stories? Deal or No Deal, Minute To Win It, and to some extent, American Gladiators all got this treatment. In the case of the first two, being games where contestants play against the house only made the situation worse.

I think Minute could fare well as a syndie offering, though.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

bandit_bobby

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 09:33:21 PM »
"Minute's" more likely to return next year than "Drop", IMO.

Jamey Greek

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 10:02:37 PM »
NBC and FOX have announced their Fall schedules. NBC is dropping Minute to Win It and FOX is not bringing back Million Dollar Money Drop. Buzzerblog has confirmed MTWI not returning. That show may wind up in reruns on GSN or The Hub.

Two down, eight to go, Miss Francis

Minute to Win It is more suited for GSN than The Hub.

TimK2003

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 10:11:30 PM »
If it makes up for the loss of "The Drop", Fox is bringing "Napoleon Dynamite" to the schedule (original cast members voicing their animated characters).

/Vote for Pedro in 2012.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 10:11:54 PM by TimK2003 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 11:09:21 PM »
If it makes up for the loss of "The Drop", Fox is bringing "Napoleon Dynamite" to the schedule (original cast members voicing their animated characters).
Yeah, that sounds like an early frontrunner in next year's Ted Marshall Open. Making a TV show out of a movie that was intentionally uncomfortable to watch (for artistic reasons, mind you), does not sound like a good way to find an audience.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 11:09:45 PM »
Quite honestly, I'd rather have MDMD.  Napoleon Dynamite was one of the biggest pieces of shit to hit the screen in the last 10 years.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 12:39:31 AM »
Quite honestly, I'd rather have MDMD.  Napoleon Dynamite was one of the biggest pieces of shit to hit the screen in the last 10 years.
MDMD in its current execution? No thank you- I'd rather have Napoleon Dynamite.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 12:01:22 PM »
To be honest, I'm not that disappointed with Minute to win It's apparent cancellation.  I watched the show a bit in the beginning but it doesn't really hold my interest.

I wouldn't mind seeing ABC bring back Downfall though - any fans of that here?
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

TimK2003

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 12:57:44 PM »
MDMD in its current execution? No thank you- I'd rather have Napoleon Dynamite.

I'm not a "Napoleon Dynamite" fan by any means, nor was I really a fan of MDMD.  To this day, I still cannot fathom why the movie was so popular.  The common thread between both MDMD and ND is that scenes were painfully stretched out in both for no real reason.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 01:05:36 PM »
I enjoyed the underlying game in Downfall, and liked that even with the silly trappings, we got a lot of game play in the hour.  With both of those, I can overlook a lot of the silliness.  So yeah, I miss it.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BrandonFG

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 11:35:29 PM »
I enjoyed the underlying game in Downfall, and liked that even with the silly trappings, we got a lot of game play in the hour.  With both of those, I can overlook a lot of the silliness.  So yeah, I miss it.
Same here. It was a relatively harmless hour, but a fun enough show.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 07:10:19 PM »
Same here. It was a relatively harmless hour, but a fun enough show.
Too bad it wasn't on long enough for anyone to exploit the game for one of the higher money levels.