Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bible Bowl  (Read 2936 times)

Bob Zager

Bible Bowl
« on: April 30, 2011, 01:07:16 PM »
Here is a link to a youtube clip, showing a short promo for the "Family," board game version of a show called "Bible Bowl."

I got a copy of the game off of eBay about ten years ago (or more), but was not familiar with the show itself

NickS

Bible Bowl
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 01:58:15 PM »
WCFC-38 in Chicago aired this show.  Instead of the high-tech "Bozoputer" or the Bozo arrows to pick kids down at certain times, the host would twirl around and say, "Eenie-meenie-minie-moe, Jesus tells me you will make it so" - or something to that degree.

It was something, that's for sure.

/what, I don't know

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Bible Bowl
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 02:36:17 PM »
"Eenie-meenie-minie-moe, Jesus tells me you will make it so" - or something to that degree.
So if Jeebus decided that he didn't want to pick the kid who was at the natural end of the eenie-meenie cadence, what was he gonna dude, make the dude hiccup? :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

Bible Bowl
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 04:20:39 PM »
"Eenie-meenie-minie-moe, Jesus tells me you will make it so" - or something to that degree.
So if Jeebus decided that he didn't want to pick the kid who was at the natural end of the eenie-meenie cadence, what was he gonna dude, make the dude hiccup? :)
That's got to be some kinda pressure for a kid to be assigned more power than Jeebus. :)
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

NickS

Bible Bowl
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 09:06:36 AM »

You're close.

DjohnsonCB

Bible Bowl
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 04:16:04 PM »
CBN used to air it.  I never really watched it, but caught a moment or two.  There was some robot character who assisted with the questions and answers, and at the end of the show, all the kids were served ice cream.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

mcsittel

Bible Bowl
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 06:21:07 PM »
Was this the one with Uncle Jack hosting and had the Bible Boys vs. the Gospel Girls?  Vaguely recall this, would have said 1985 or 1986 on the air date, I recall seeing it on CBN on vacation.

Oh, why don't I watch the video?  Yep, that's the one.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 06:22:23 PM by mcsittel »

narzo

Bible Bowl
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 06:21:08 PM »
CBN used to air it.  I never really watched it, but caught a moment or two.  There was some robot character who assisted with the questions and answers, and at the end of the show, all the kids were served ice cream.

all the kids on the pre-recorded video tape were served ice cream, it was the same boys or girls shown enjoying it every week under the crawl.  The real kids were probably tossed a twinke and told to "beat it"

NickS

Bible Bowl
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 10:54:47 PM »

all the kids on the pre-recorded video tape were served ice cream, it was the same boys or girls shown enjoying it every week under the crawl.  The real kids were probably tossed a twinke and told to "beat it"

This.

Didn't know if anyone else caught this but I swore I saw the same thing.  Thankfully, someone concurred.

/Uncle Jack = creepy

Robert Carter

Bible Bowl
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 08:44:19 PM »
It was a local show produced at a Tulsa station. It was typical of the kiddie-quiz type show that ran on many local stations over the years, except for the religious content. I saw it on what was then called CBN Cable, and was likely used as weekend filler.

It's not to be confused with non-televised quiz competitions using Bible material that are generically called "Bible Bowl" or "Bible Quiz." I am an official with one of those groups.

byrd62

Bible Bowl
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 07:45:42 AM »
WCFC-38 in Chicago aired this show.  Instead of the high-tech "Bozoputer" or the Bozo arrows to pick kids down at certain times, the host would twirl around and say, "Eenie-meenie-minie-moe, Jesus tells me you will make it so" - or something to that degree.

It was something, that's for sure.

/what, I don't know

I think I saw this a time or two on my local Christian TV station back in the '80s..."Eenie-meenie-minie-moe/Jesus tells me you ought to know," might have been how that line went.  And it probably was shot in Tulsa, unlike, say, Bible Baffle out of WCFC-38 Chicago [now Ion-owned WCPX], in which three contestants competed to answer Bible questions, with the winner participating in an "unscramble the verse in 30 seconds" bonus round for a trip to the Wisconsin Dells.

NickS

Bible Bowl
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 09:38:24 PM »
I think I saw this a time or two on my local Christian TV station back in the '80s..."Eenie-meenie-minie-moe/Jesus tells me you ought to know," might have been how that line went.

That's how it went - me and my old age nowadays...

[size="1"]/Not as old as Klauss.  If you can read this, Mike, glad you changed your prescription on those glasses! :D[/size]
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 09:38:36 PM by TeppanYaki »

BrandonFG

Bible Bowl
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 12:24:21 AM »
I think I saw this a time or two on my local Christian TV station back in the '80s..."Eenie-meenie-minie-moe/Jesus tells me you ought to know," might have been how that line went.  And it probably was shot in Tulsa, unlike, say, Bible Baffle out of WCFC-38 Chicago [now Ion-owned WCPX], in which three contestants competed to answer Bible questions, with the winner participating in an "unscramble the verse in 30 seconds" bonus round for a trip to the Wisconsin Dells.
I remember Matt O. talking about Bible Baffle...apparently the set was fairly cheesy, as the desks shook anytime a contestant hit the buzzer. And there was no lockout system, making simultaneous buzz-ins a regular occurrence.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!