Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wendy's WOF promotion...  (Read 9506 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2011, 12:03:28 AM »
(protip: ask for them without salt, that way they'll have to make a new batch).
I hated people like you when I worked in food service. Get a f'n grip.
Far be it for me to defend Peacock, but on the flip side, if you don't like the work, find something else to do.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 12:03:41 AM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2011, 12:11:22 AM »
At one time, Burger King ran an ad that there were a thousand ways to have your Whopper. (ten condiments that you could have or leave off, I think.) If you're not going to back that up by actually doing it instead of just making assembly line burgers, don't advertise that.
And McD's, which is what Sparky McNosalt up there was talking about, has never advertised that. BK's pretty much always stressed the "have it your way" thing, because when they and The Clown were the only games in town, that's what set them apart.

So, yeah, if I go to BK and I want no onions, I order it without onions. If I go to McD's and I want no onions, I suck it up and scrape them off.

You know, it's not like McDonald's is inflexible. Hell, it's not like ANY fast food place is inflexible.

In fact, I find that Burger King seems to get it wrong the most often, and not just my local one. Literally every Burger King I've been to has no idea what "no tomato" means.

I still don't see how it's "annoying" to make one custom order. Everything's made to order now anyways, so does it really matter if they have to make ONE batch of fries without salt? Or ONE burger without pickles or onions?
Bobby Peacock

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2011, 12:15:34 AM »
if you don't like the work, find something else to do.
Glad to hear you love your job, Mark. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2011, 12:19:33 AM »
Far be it for me to defend Peacock, but on the flip side, if you don't like the work, find something else to do.
There have been at least three times that I didn't enjoy my job, but I enjoyed the money more than I enjoyed not having money. So I worked. I don't think I'm alone in that regard.
Travis L. Eberle

Kevin Prather

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2011, 12:27:25 AM »
There have been at least three times that I didn't enjoy my job, but I enjoyed the money more than I enjoyed not having money. So I worked. I don't think I'm alone in that regard.
And even if you enjoy your job, that doesn't mean you have to like douchebaggery.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2011, 12:40:57 AM »
And even if you enjoy your job, that doesn't mean you have to like douchebaggery.
After further discussions off-board with a couple of others, I recind my previous comment(s).  As someone else pointed out to me, "it smacks of "lolz i'm putting the screws to you because i can".  That is indeed an asinine thing to do...and hadn't original thought of it from that prospective.  I had only thought of it from the prospective of "The customer is paying you...blah blah blah"  So, I apologize to Chris C. for that.
[quote name='Clemon79']Glad to hear you love your job, Mark. :) [/quote]Oh, but I do!  40 hours/week helping others learn blackjack?  Not a bad gig at all.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 03:14:17 AM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2011, 01:59:20 AM »
After further discussions off-board with a couple of others, I recind my support of Peacock.  As someone else pointed out to me, "it smacks of "lolz i'm putting the screws to you because i can"  

I see your point.

I don't agree with it, but now I see how my fry thing might come off as douche-y.
Bobby Peacock