Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wendy's WOF promotion...  (Read 9509 times)

dale_grass

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2011, 10:07:10 AM »
Really?  I find that their fries went from 'good' to 'awesome' with the latest update.  Don't see how you can compare them to the 'fry-like product' that McD's serves, at any rate.

I've been spoiled with Hardee's fries.  The only thing I've eaten from McDonald's in the last 5 years is McNuggets.  All of their other fare gives me the McRuns.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2011, 01:01:06 PM »
I've been spoiled with Hardee's fries.
See, I went to a Carl's Jr. (the Best Foods to your Hardee's Hellman's) for the first time in quite a while over the weekend, and they've gone to the skin-on fries, too. They were okay but I miss the old ones. (But the Western Bacon Cheeseburger was its usual awesome.)
All of their other fare gives me the McRuns.
It just occurred to me that Burger King is rather appropriately named due to the time I spend on the throne a couple hours later...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2011, 03:56:40 PM »
My local Burger King is ungodly slow. The last time I was there, a two-toed sloth was in front of me. He looked at me and said, "screw it, this is taking way too long. I'm outta here."

(Seriously, how does it take upwards of 20 minutes to make a burger and fries when I'm literally the ONLY customer in the building, and no one's lined up in the drive-thru?)

I think McDonald's fries are great if you can get them fresh (protip: ask for them without salt, that way they'll have to make a new batch). However, Rally's/Checkers wins the fry wars for me hands-down.
Bobby Peacock

clemon79

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2011, 04:25:40 PM »
(protip: ask for them without salt, that way they'll have to make a new batch).
You're the guy who asks for no onions on your Quarter Pounder so they have to make you a fresh one of those, too, aren't you?

(Protip: Minimum-wage employees have very little to lose when it comes to getting revenge on an annoying customer.)

/enjoy your "special sauce"

Twentington

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2011, 04:46:05 PM »
I think this strip says it all:

http://picayune.uclick.com/comics/blm/1980/blm801208.gif

You're the guy who asks for no onions on your Quarter Pounder so they have to make you a fresh one of those, too, aren't you?

No.

/I ask for no tomato
//I know Quarter Pounders don't have tomato
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 05:06:28 PM by Twentington »
Bobby Peacock

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2011, 05:23:12 PM »
I think this strip says it all:

http://picayune.uclick.com/comics/blm/1980/blm801208.gif

How?

And little did that cartoonist know such a request would become common 25 years later.

Or, he or she has never been to California, where that fictional customer would have been one of the "good ones."

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

TimK2003

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2011, 05:46:47 PM »
My local Burger King is ungodly slow. The last time I was there, a two-toed sloth was in front of me. He looked at me and said, "screw it, this is taking way too long. I'm outta here."

In my town, we have more standalone Burger Kings than McDonalds (6 vs 3). Even if you count the 2 Mickey-Dees in the 2 Walmarts, the King still wins.  Very rarely do I go to BK.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 05:47:16 PM by TimK2003 »

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2011, 05:48:09 PM »
I hated people like you when I worked in food service. Get a f'n grip.
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Twentington

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2011, 07:23:33 PM »
I hated people like you when I worked in food service. Get a f'n grip.

Honestly, I've only done the "no salt" trick once. My sister, however, does it all the time. And she asks for ketchup only on the burger. And about 30 other customizations.

Really, the only thing I ever ask to be held 99% of the time is tomato. And 99% of those times, they forget. And 100% of THOSE times, I just pick the damn tomato off myself and move on with my life.

(And wow, do we ever need a Wendy's out here... nearest one's 50 miles away.)
Bobby Peacock

Matt Ottinger

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2011, 07:23:57 PM »
Every time I take my wife back home to Tennessee I have to remind her about the pace of things.

"Fast food.  Or, as we say in the south, food."
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Matt Ottinger

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2011, 07:25:59 PM »
Honestly, I've only done the "no salt" trick once. My sister, however, does it all the time. And she asks for ketchup only on the burger. And about 30 other customizations.
That doesn't sound like someone who's employing an annoying trick.  That just sounds like someone who's annoying.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BrandonFG

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2011, 08:00:01 PM »
That doesn't sound like someone who's employing an annoying trick.  That just sounds like someone who's annoying.
Agreed...I understand your being a customer paid my check. That's no excuse to be obnoxious.

Oh, and a bit of fast-food A-holery: if you ask for "no salt" on the drive-thru, half the time the workers just throw already-cooked fries back into the fryer.

/Has a few words for those types of customers.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 08:00:54 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2011, 09:46:58 PM »
I hope everyone else enjoyed how quickly the smug attempt at "protip" turned into "backpedal and deflect" as soon as he figured out that his "protip" made him look like a "huge douchebag."

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2011, 09:54:22 PM »
Agreed...I understand your being a customer paid my check. That's no excuse to be obnoxious.
At one time, Burger King ran an ad that there were a thousand ways to have your Whopper. (ten condiments that you could have or leave off, I think.) If you're not going to back that up by actually doing it instead of just making assembly line burgers, don't advertise that.

On the other hand, you can do what Dick's Drive In does. You get your burger with what it has on it, no customizations. Don't like it, you can pound sand. Every Friday I hit up my nearby Wendy's to get a value menu bacon cheeseburger, ketchup only. I've never gotten any guff or any extra-curricular stuff in my sammich, possibly because they know they're getting my money each week, and maybe because that's a really disgusting thing to do.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2011, 10:14:11 PM »
At one time, Burger King ran an ad that there were a thousand ways to have your Whopper. (ten condiments that you could have or leave off, I think.) If you're not going to back that up by actually doing it instead of just making assembly line burgers, don't advertise that.
And McD's, which is what Sparky McNosalt up there was talking about, has never advertised that. BK's pretty much always stressed the "have it your way" thing, because when they and The Clown were the only games in town, that's what set them apart.

So, yeah, if I go to BK and I want no onions, I order it without onions. If I go to McD's and I want no onions, I suck it up and scrape them off.

Every Friday I hit up my nearby Wendy's to get a value menu bacon cheeseburger, ketchup only. I've never gotten any guff or any extra-curricular stuff in my sammich, possibly because they know they're getting my money each week, and maybe because that's a really disgusting thing to do.
Wendy's has also been all about the "we make it fresh and to order" thing, too. Really, most burger joints are anymore, aside from the aforementioned Place Where The Cool Hang Out, Swass Play, And Rich Flaunt Clout and McD's, which is why I mentioned the Quarter Pounder in the first place.