Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wendy's WOF promotion...  (Read 9508 times)

BrandonFG

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 05:46:33 PM »
For some reason, I want to say there was also one involving a whistle-type toy that when you blew into it, it "spun" a wheel. I could be mixing toys up here.

Yeah that was Nickelodeon, I still have one of those somewhere around here.  I believe it was a Burger King promotion.
It sure was--one of my favorite toys when I was little. It was in the shape of a Nickelodeon Blimp, and it had two little wheels on the side (I wanna say that each one pointed to a different letter of the alphabet) that spun when you blew into it.

EDIT: Nope--one had a category and one had letters. Look: http://banrigh.com/images/93%20nickelodeon%20blimp.jpg
Yep! That's the one I'm thinking of. :-) And like grandgame said, BK sounds right.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jeremy Nelson

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 12:26:12 AM »
Yep! That's the one I'm thinking of. :-) And like grandgame said, BK sounds right.
Take a second look: There's a visible M on the fries on the Food category.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 12:26:33 AM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

BrandonFG

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 12:32:14 AM »
Ahh I see...I stand (or sit) corrected.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Jeremy Nelson

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 09:17:49 PM »
Just a quick note: My Wendy's is selling Pac Man toys now, so if you haven't picked up whatever Wheel toys you wanted, it's probably too late.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

chad1m

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2011, 09:24:16 PM »
Hm, it shouldn't be. The in-store promotion is supposed to last until mid-May.

William_S.

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2011, 09:48:18 PM »
I picked up a Trigger powered wheel. And the Kid's meal bag was for PacMan but they were giving* out the WoF toys.

*coming with the meal

/PacMan looks cool, the ghosts... meh...

WilliamPorygon

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2011, 10:33:19 PM »
It's typical for fast food places to save previous kids meal toys that weren't sold and give them out instead when they run out of whatever the current toys are supposed to be.  Pac-Man toys were given out last month, so that's likely what's happening at Jeremy's Wendy's.

/Is ticked off at Wendy's, they recently took my favorite items off the menu
//Jr. Bacon Swiss and the boneless chicken wings

GrandGame1440

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2011, 10:58:52 PM »
Ahh I see...I stand (or sit) corrected.

As do I, goes to show how good my memory is with nearly 20 year old fast food toys. :-p

Jeremy Nelson

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 12:17:40 AM »
It's typical for fast food places to save previous kids meal toys that weren't sold and give them out instead when they run out of whatever the current toys are supposed to be.  Pac-Man toys were given out last month, so that's likely what's happening at Jeremy's Wendy's.
Two things I found out today:
1. I didn't know that Wendy's kids' meal toys were changed monthly; I thought 2 weeks is/was the norm for everybody.
2. I didn't know that Pac Man was LAST month's toy set; those toys are still in our Wendy's kids meal display.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 12:18:50 AM by Jeremy Nelson »

pacdude

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 12:40:36 AM »
Went to Wendy's (drunk) and got a Kid's Meal.

Almost became belligerant because I saw the Pac-Man bag. (Was secretly OK with it, you know, since I'm pacdude and everything.)

Looked inside, and in it was a Wheel of Fortune toy.

It's the Spin to Win one, with the push-button wheel. Good quality, spin duration lasts forever, with a cute little game attached to it.

Here's a picture: https://skitch.com/pacdude/r4squ/cam

BrandonFG

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 01:00:48 AM »
It's the Spin to Win one, with the push-button wheel. Good quality, spin duration lasts forever, with a cute little game attached to it.

Here's a picture: https://skitch.com/pacdude/r4squ/cam
I worked at Wendy's on-and-off between high school and college...I would've stolen quite a few of those wheels if I still worked there. :-)

/Not a big fan of how they've changed their food
//Now I might have to pick up a few Kids Meals to get that toy for my children
///Yeah, that's it..."my children"

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2011, 02:23:19 AM »
The fry change is the most disappointing to me.  They were always a nice change of pace from McDonald's.  Now, with no Chick-fil-a's around, I'm stuck with McDonalds for 'regular' fries, as Burger King's suck (the coating is terrible) and Hardee's and Wendy's are essentially the same.

/Wish I had moved south, not north
//Might still swing by just to pick toys up.  Wonder if they'd sell me the display.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BrandonFG

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2011, 05:31:27 AM »
The fry change is the most disappointing to me.
+1

The "natural cut sea salt" fries are awful IMO, not that I'm a fan of anyone's fries anymore, except Chick Fil-A and maybe Rally's/Checkers. The sandwiches aren't that good anymore either, almost as if they're trying too hard to go for a gourmet feel.

Fedya

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2011, 08:03:33 AM »
I picked up a Trigger powered wheel.

Shouldn't that be a toy for the Roy Rogers restaurants to be giving out?
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Mr. Armadillo

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2011, 08:46:27 AM »
The fry change is the most disappointing to me.  They were always a nice change of pace from McDonald's.  
Really?  I find that their fries went from 'good' to 'awesome' with the latest update.  Don't see how you can compare them to the 'fry-like product' that McD's serves, at any rate.