Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wendy's WOF promotion...  (Read 9507 times)

weaklink75

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« on: April 11, 2011, 07:52:54 PM »
This is cute actually- The Wendy's Kid's Meal toys are all Wheel of Fortune-related for the next few weeks, as part of a sponsorship deal (they'll be branding a week of shows in May):

http://www.wendys.com/kids_meal/index.jsp

I think this might be the first time any GS has had kid's meal toys (I don't think any of the Nickelodeon shows had them)....interesting collectible for GS fans.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 07:53:56 PM by weaklink75 »

dale_grass

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 08:03:22 PM »
It does look kinda fun.  I'll have to swing in to Wendy's the next time I'm near one and check it out.

\Wendy is a flat-chested bimbo.

MikeK

• Martha!
Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 08:15:55 PM »
Who cares?  Wendy has nice buns.

Hastin

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 09:38:09 PM »
Four letter puzzle board? But I wanted Megaword in my pocket. :)

Looks great for kids. I know if I was 8 I would have wanted all of them.

//I still kinda do!
-Hastin :)

William_S.

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 11:24:26 PM »
I got the E-mail, wasn't too sure at first. But I guess I'll have a hankering for where the beef is...!

/Well depends on How cute she is, I'll washboard her!
//There's a difference between "Gingers" and "Redhots"!!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 08:24:31 PM by William_S. »

dale_grass

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 08:11:05 AM »
Who cares?  Wendy has nice buns.
Hi-yo!

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 02:19:30 PM »
I'll just leave this here:

"Where's the beef?"
Bobby Peacock

Johnissoevil

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 04:16:34 PM »
I didn't know WWE's Heath Slater was a fan of Wheel.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

Brian44

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 04:48:41 PM »
Four letter puzzle board?

I noticed the "TOYS" example in the picture.  If it hasn't already been used, I could see that as a reasonable bonus round puzzle.  If things haven't changed since I watched WoF occasionally, A is guessed more often than O for the vowel, and even if the contestant picks an O and doesn't guess the puzzle right away if they run through the alphabet, they might run out of time before they get to the Y.

/Did I ever tell you I'm really good at accepting criticism?

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 05:37:17 PM »
I noticed the "TOYS" example in the picture.  If it hasn't already been used, I could see that as a reasonable bonus round puzzle.  If things haven't changed since I watched WoF occasionally, A is guessed more often than O for the vowel, and even if the contestant picks an O and doesn't guess the puzzle right away if they run through the alphabet, they might run out of time before they get to the Y.

I could see them using that in the 1990s, where almost every bonus puzzle was five letters or fewer. But they've been keeping them reasonably long now; the last four-letter one I found was in May 2005 (unless you wanna get technical with A GULF in September 2005, since it really didn't need the A), and even the last one that was shorter than seven letters was in November 2009.

I do like your thinking, though.
Bobby Peacock

Jeremy Nelson

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 06:53:28 PM »
This looks halfway decent; will definitely head over to Wendy's sometime this week. I definitely thought this would have been something one of the fast food chains would have done back in the 80s during Wheel fever, but a couple decades late is better than never.

I remember McDonald's doing a Nickelodeon game show promotion back in the early/mid nineties once. If I remember correctly, none of the toys pertained to a specific Nick game show; they were just a bunch of game show related toys with Nick branding. I distinctly remember applause hands contraption and a category changer. But hey, this is me recalling something from 17 years ago.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

rjaguar3

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 01:05:08 PM »
I seem to recall that Burger King had Nick GAS toys about ten years ago in their kids' meals.  The toys appeared to be more focused on the sports rather than the game shows.

BrandonFG

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 05:29:43 PM »
I remember McDonald's doing a Nickelodeon game show promotion back in the early/mid nineties once. If I remember correctly, none of the toys pertained to a specific Nick game show; they were just a bunch of game show related toys with Nick branding. I distinctly remember applause hands contraption and a category changer. But hey, this is me recalling something from 17 years ago.
For some reason, I want to say there was also one involving a whistle-type toy that when you blew into it, it "spun" a wheel. I could be mixing toys up here.

Nick also had a promotion thru McD's where kids could play some sort of Concentration-style game via AT&T an videophone. I remember desperately wanting to be a contestant and getting in trouble with my mom for calling a local McDonald's to see if they knew anything about this. ;-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

GrandGame1440

Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2011, 07:58:53 PM »
For some reason, I want to say there was also one involving a whistle-type toy that when you blew into it, it "spun" a wheel. I could be mixing toys up here.

Yeah that was Nickelodeon, I still have one of those somewhere around here.  I believe it was a Burger King promotion.

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Wendy's WOF promotion...
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2011, 12:28:33 PM »

Yeah that was Nickelodeon, I still have one of those somewhere around here.  I believe it was a Burger King promotion.
It sure was--one of my favorite toys when I was little. It was in the shape of a Nickelodeon Blimp, and it had two little wheels on the side (I wanna say that each one pointed to a different letter of the alphabet) that spun when you blew into it.

EDIT: Nope--one had a category and one had letters. Look: http://banrigh.com/images/93%20nickelodeon%20blimp.jpg
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 12:29:43 PM by DoorNumberFour »
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com