Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Celebrity Bowling" coming to DVD  (Read 1844 times)

bricon

"Celebrity Bowling" coming to DVD
« on: March 29, 2011, 04:52:56 PM »
And available for preorder now.  Details are here.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 04:59:31 PM »
And available for preorder now.  Details are here.
I was just coming here to post this.  I personally have gotten a big kick out of this old series popping up again, since I never saw it the first time out and one of my favorite kinds of game shows are the ones where celebrities are just goofing around for low stakes.  Interesting that Bob Newhart is prominently on display in this set, since so few of his game show appearances turned up on GSN.  A handful of other names are ones you don't traditionally associate with game shows as well.  Can't wait!
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 10:56:50 PM »
Although game shows on DVD have never been very successful, this is interesting nevertheless.

The idea of game shows on a home video format, believe it or not, has gone as far back as the days of the VHS in the 1980s. Examples include The Best of Everything Goes, and the two VHS tapes put out by Kids Klassics on the Nickelodeon game show Double Dare in 1988.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 11:02:26 PM by gameshowlover87 »

jhshifris

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 08:08:23 PM »
Although game shows on DVD have never been very successful, this is interesting nevertheless.

The idea of game shows on a home video format, believe it or not, has gone as far back as the days of the VHS in the 1980s. Examples include The Best of Everything Goes, and the two VHS tapes put out by Kids Klassics on the Nickelodeon game show Double Dare in 1988.

Celebrity Bowling, huh?

Will Best Buy have it?