Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I am one of the 7%!  (Read 2723 times)

Esoteric Eric

I am one of the 7%!
« on: March 10, 2018, 11:05:32 PM »
(No worries...if you're on this board, so are you.)
Here's some Saturday night clickbait found on Facebook that almost defies description; a game show quiz "challenge" (using that term VERY loosely) that claims to stump 93% of all comers. It's a basic forty-question screenshot identification quiz, and it's only a multiple-choice test because two IS a multiple of one. Fer crying out loud, several of the screenshots even feature the show's logo, just GIVING you the correct answer. After one clicks the correct answer, you get a factoid about the show that proves the quiz's creator spent less time researching her facts than I did composing this post. Whoopie (sic) Goldberg and Phyllis Diller the main driving forces of HSq? I mean, I liked the Whoopi revival, but the screenshot is from the original series.

Anyway, if you want a cheap perfect score (and haven't seen this on your own FB feed yet,) here's the link.

https://www.topixoffbeat.com/quiz/18732
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976

BillCullen1

Re: I am one of the 7%!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 11:58:16 PM »
Aced it! I got 100. If only college had been this easy.

Tell me, what do I win Johnny?  ;D

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 04:10:43 AM »
What the hell even is that picture of Let's Make a Deal?  It looks like a promo shot crossed with bad computer graphics that still look too advanced to have been possible when the show was running.

Casey

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 10:17:23 AM »
The caption that goes along with Face the Music is amusingly wrong.

pacdude

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 10:58:44 AM »
Someone, presumably, got paid actual money to create that piece of garbage.

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 01:35:56 PM »
Even for a mindless time waster, that was a horrible quiz. Like Eric said, if you want people to identify the game show, you may not wanna use pictures with the show’s logo prominently displayed. :P

I know it’s a goofy little internet quiz, but at least try and make the choices convincing. If you can’t tell Pyramid from Fear Factor, there’s a problem.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 01:53:06 PM by BrandonFG »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 01:56:59 PM »
Someone, presumably, got paid actual money to create that piece of garbage.
I've always wanted to be the person that gets paid to make the stupid graphics that list a bunch of names and state an inane "factoid" such as "EVERYONE NAMED BELOW WILL GET LUCKY THIS WEEK".
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 04:39:25 PM »
I've always wanted to be the person that gets paid to make the stupid graphics that list a bunch of names and state an inane "factoid" such as "EVERYONE NAMED BELOW WILL GET LUCKY THIS WEEK".

I like ramen as much as the next guy, but man, I don't want to eat it for every meal.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TimK2003

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 10:46:48 AM »
Even for a mindless time waster, that was a horrible quiz. Like Eric said, if you want people to identify the game show, you may wanna use pictures with the show’s logo prominently displayed. :P

I know it’s a goofy little internet quiz, but at least try and make the choices convincing. If you can’t tell Pyramid from Fear Factor, there’s a problem.

I figured out about half way in that even the wrong answer was going to be the correct answer for one question sooner or later.  I wonder if the quiz-maker wrote the quiz/program to where it randomly chooses a game show to use for a wrong answer (I did not want to go thru the quiz again).  I say that because of Brandon's second observation and the fact that I came across the same wrong answer on a few questions.