Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AIGGH!  (Read 2316 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
AIGGH!
« on: February 17, 2004, 11:40:50 PM »
After my houseguest bailed me out on Question 4 ("Place these birthstones in order by the month they represent, starting with the earliest"), I hit the skids on Question 5. I never thought it would be my knowledge (or lack thereof) of current popular music that would bite me in the ass:

Place these albums in order of when they hit Number One, starting with the earliest:

1) Cracked Rear View
2) The Joshua Tree
3) Volume 2: Hard Knock Life
4) Speakerbox: The Love Below

Had no idea who 4 was. Outkast. I now have a new least favorite band.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tommycharles

AIGGH!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 11:42:20 PM »
At the opposite end of the spectrum, I would have had no clue where #1 fell into the picture.

EDIT: further research reveals that my 300th post was about Hootie and the Blowfish.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2004, 11:44:44 PM by tommycharles »

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
AIGGH!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 11:58:59 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 17 2004, 10:40 PM\'] Had no idea who 4 was. Outkast. I now have a new least favorite band. [/quote]
 You and a few American Indian groups (CBS had better be careful about their next spectacle--the Tonys).  :)

It was 2-1-3-4, yes?  Most of my CD collection predates "The Joshua Tree"--although I did enjoy that LP.

Doug -- and the countdown to 400 continues
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Brandon Brooks

AIGGH!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004, 12:44:02 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 17 2004, 11:40 PM\'] After my houseguest bailed me out on Question 4 ("Place these birthstones in order by the month they represent, starting with the earliest"), I hit the skids on Question 5. I never thought it would be my knowledge (or lack thereof) of current popular music that would bite me in the ass:

Place these albums in order of when they hit Number One, starting with the earliest:

1) Cracked Rear View
2) The Joshua Tree
3) Volume 2: Hard Knock Life
4) Speakerbox: The Love Below

Had no idea who 4 was. Outkast. I now have a new least favorite band. [/quote]
 Hey ya!

Damn, I would've gotten that one too.  Instead, my dumb self bombs out on a misdial on the first question.

Brandon Brooks

BrandonFG

AIGGH!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2004, 11:14:13 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Feb 17 2004, 11:58 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 17 2004, 10:40 PM\'] Had no idea who 4 was. Outkast. I now have a new least favorite band. [/quote]
You and a few American Indian groups (CBS had better be careful about their next spectacle--the Tonys).  :)

It was 2-1-3-4, yes?  Most of my CD collection predates "The Joshua Tree"--although I did enjoy that LP.
 [/quote]
 That's what I'm thinking...1) 1994 or 95   2)???   3) 1998   4) 2003

I know three of the albums, but who did "The Joshua Tree?"

NITPICK: Millionaire made a mistake, "Hard Knock Life" was Jay-Z's third album, so it would be "Vol. 3"
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Ian Wallis

AIGGH!
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2004, 11:24:26 AM »
That's what I'm thinking...1) 1994 or 95 2)??? 3) 1998 4) 2003

I know three of the albums, but who did "The Joshua Tree?"

"Joshua Tree" was U2's first No. 1 album, and it hit the top in 1987.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!