Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud Question  (Read 4921 times)

JayC

Family Feud Question
« on: November 25, 2003, 09:56:40 PM »
If the family does not win the $20,000, and recieves $5 a point, are they talking about ponts accumulated in Fast Money AND the front game, or just in Fast Money?

zachhoran

Family Feud Question
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2003, 10:03:16 PM »
[quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Nov 25 2003, 09:56 PM\'] If the family does not win the $20,000, and recieves $5 a point, are they talking about ponts accumulated in Fast Money AND the front game, or just in Fast Money? [/quote]
 The current version of Feud does not award maingame points as dollars to the family as the 1976-85 and 1988-92 versions did(1992-95 Combs/Dawson also did not award money for maingame points). Families who don't win Fast Money get $5 for every point earned in Fast Money, and this rule applied to all versions.

Ian Wallis

Family Feud Question
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2003, 09:01:27 AM »
Families who don't win Fast Money get $5 for every point earned in Fast Money, and this rule applied to all versions.

You'd figure after all this time it would have gone up to $10 a point by now, what with inflation and all.  Since the main prize is now $20,000 (four times what it once was, and twice what it was earlier in this version) it's surprising the "consolation" prize hasn't gone up as well.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Family Feud Question
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2003, 11:41:33 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Nov 26 2003, 07:01 AM\'] You'd figure after all this time it would have gone up to $10 a point by now, what with inflation and all.  Since the main prize is now $20,000 (four times what it once was, and twice what it was earlier in this version) it's surprising the "consolation" prize hasn't gone up as well. [/quote]
 Oh good lord.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Mike Tennant

Family Feud Question
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2003, 02:02:04 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 26 2003, 11:41 AM\'][quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Nov 26 2003, 07:01 AM\'] You'd figure after all this time it would have gone up to $10 a point by now, what with inflation and all.  Since the main prize is now $20,000 (four times what it once was, and twice what it was earlier in this version) it's surprising the "consolation" prize hasn't gone up as well. [/quote]
Oh good lord.[/quote]
Yes, we know how much you hate Mo' Money Syndrome, Chris, but this isn't that bad of a suggestion.  I don't like Mo' Money Syndrome, either, but this does make a reasonable amount of sense.  I mean, $5 a point has been the norm since the seventies.  Raising it to $10 means a family still can't end up with more than $1,990, compared to $20,000 for getting just one more point; and since it's divided among 5 people, they can each get a whole $398.  Especially when they aren't getting anything for winning the front game, this isn't unreasonable in the least.

Matt Ottinger

Family Feud Question
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2003, 02:08:30 PM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' date=\'Nov 26 2003, 03:02 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 26 2003, 11:41 AM\'][quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Nov 26 2003, 07:01 AM\'] You'd figure after all this time it would have gone up to $10 a point by now, what with inflation and all.  Since the main prize is now $20,000 (four times what it once was, and twice what it was earlier in this version) it's surprising the "consolation" prize hasn't gone up as well. [/quote]
Oh good lord.[/quote]
Yes, we know how much you hate Mo' Money Syndrome, Chris, but this isn't that bad of a suggestion.  I don't like Mo' Money Syndrome, either, but this does make a reasonable amount of sense.  I mean, $5 a point has been the norm since the seventies.  Raising it to $10 means a family still can't end up with more than $1,990, compared to $20,000 for getting just one more point; and since it's divided among 5 people, they can each get a whole $398.  Especially when they aren't getting anything for winning the front game, this isn't unreasonable in the least. [/quote]
 It also has the added advantage of making more intuitive sense to the home viewer (they just added a zero!), as well as being something that Karn wouldn't need a cue card to figure out.  So, yeah, there's something to this one.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Family Feud Question
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2003, 03:25:39 PM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' date=\'Nov 26 2003, 12:02 PM\'] Raising it to $10 means a family still can't end up with more than $1,990, compared to $20,000 for getting just one more point; and since it's divided among 5 people, they can each get a whole $398.  Especially when they aren't getting anything for winning the front game, this isn't unreasonable in the least. [/quote]
 I guess. I'm not hot on the idea of a "consolation prize" for losing a bonus game being more than a thousand bucks, even if it is divided among teammates. (No, don't bother citing Donny's Pyramid, y'all know what I think of that show anyhow.) Perhaps the times are a-changin', tho...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

Family Feud Question
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2003, 03:26:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' date=\'Nov 26 2003, 02:02 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 26 2003, 11:41 AM\'][quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Nov 26 2003, 07:01 AM\'] You'd figure after all this time it would have gone up to $10 a point by now, what with inflation and all.  Since the main prize is now $20,000 (four times what it once was, and twice what it was earlier in this version) it's surprising the "consolation" prize hasn't gone up as well. [/quote]
Oh good lord.[/quote]
Yes, we know how much you hate Mo' Money Syndrome, Chris, but this isn't that bad of a suggestion.  I don't like Mo' Money Syndrome, either, but this does make a reasonable amount of sense.  I mean, $5 a point has been the norm since the seventies.  Raising it to $10 means a family still can't end up with more than $1,990, compared to $20,000 for getting just one more point; and since it's divided among 5 people, they can each get a whole $398.  Especially when they aren't getting anything for winning the front game, this isn't unreasonable in the least. [/quote]
 I used to participate in trivia tournaments with my vast trivia knowlege, and one thing that used to bother me was that when we split up the money, I would get the same share as someone's spouse who tagged along and didn't answer a question.  Nothing to do with FF, but I just wanted to vent.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Brandon Brooks

Family Feud Question
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2003, 03:35:33 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Nov 26 2003, 03:26 PM\'] I used to participate in trivia tournaments with my vast trivia knowlege, and one thing that used to bother me was that when we split up the money, I would get the same share as someone's spouse who tagged along and didn't answer a question.  Nothing to do with FF, but I just wanted to vent. [/quote]
 When I was on Knowledge Bowl (Memphis' Quiz Bowl), the same thing happened.  But I was part of a team... and I got over it quickly.  So should you.  I was mad that we didn't win, not at the person who made us "lose."

Brandon Brooks

Jimmy Owen

Family Feud Question
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2003, 03:38:46 PM »
Oh, we won.  It's just that I only got half of what the married people got.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Mike Tennant

Family Feud Question
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2003, 04:51:57 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Nov 26 2003, 03:38 PM\']Oh, we won.  It's just that I only got half of what the married people got.[/quote]
But as all the married men on this board can tell you, you thus got more than the male half of the married couple got, though only half as much as the female half got.  After all, what's his is hers, and what's hers is hers.