Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "88" gong show episode  (Read 1271 times)

tom stoviak

"88" gong show episode
« on: November 26, 2003, 01:21:17 PM »
tstoviak@cbs.com (tstoviak@cbs.com) stoviak@comcast.net

Hello show fans,
I was a show contestant on an episode in 1988 entitled "The Crooners".  I was never able to see or obtain it when I lived in Los Angeles and would flip to get my hands on it now.  I was a planned gong essentially after rehearsing with the show orchestra.  Not being a legitimate singer, when we rehearsed and I was asked what key I would like for them to play in I had no clue.  Whatever the key was that they chose was obvious to all that it was the wrong one and when I tried to protest the producer said "Beautiful!  Next!"  And so my rendition of "It's Not Unusual" by Tom Jones was a short one and definately "unusual".  But, one of the best times I've ever had in front of an audience.  They had a guest host that show who was a guy that had auditioned and done the show 14 times up to that point, so they decided they would let him co-host one week.  After I was gonged he and I went at it making cracks about the other to the audience's delight and I would love to know if they kept that part in the show.  I would certainly incur whatever costs necessary for whomever might be able to assist me with this, I have tried all other sources to no avail, but if anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful as well.  Thanks so much.
Tom Stoviak