Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New book by Norm Blumenthal  (Read 1910 times)

Bob Zager

New book by Norm Blumenthal
« on: December 17, 2010, 01:26:15 PM »
Here's a link to order it from amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/When-Game-Shows-Rule...9716&sr=8-2

I loved Concentration in my childhood, and it good to see another book by the show's longtime producer!

geno57

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 02:25:18 AM »
Fantastic!  Didn't know this was coming.  I've just ordered it through Amazon.  Thanks for the heads-up.

DjohnsonCB

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 11:32:53 PM »
Any chance he mentions in there the fact that "Concentration" didn't go color until 1966 and goes into detail as to why?
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

Kniwt

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 05:23:26 PM »
My copy is here, and it's certainly an interesting read so far ... interesting in much the same way you'd sit down with your grandpa, and he'd just ramble on about anything and everything randomly for two hours or longer. You had no idea what he was going to say next, but by gosh, it sure was fascinating and entertaining.

That said, however, Norm really needed to pay a few bucks to get his book copy-edited before he sent it off to the publisher. A reference to the national newspaper "U.S. Today" is the least of the troubles.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 05:52:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Kniwt\' post=\'254192\' date=\'Jan 7 2011, 02:23 PM\']... interesting in much the same way you'd sit down with your grandpa, and he'd just ramble on about anything and everything randomly for two hours or longer.[/quote]
Replace "grandpa" with "drunk uncle" and you've got at least a couple holidays at Chateau Lèmon.

Ah, the memories.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 08:39:33 PM »
[quote name=\'Kniwt\' post=\'254192\' date=\'Jan 7 2011, 05:23 PM\']My copy is here, and it's certainly an interesting read so far ... interesting in much the same way you'd sit down with your grandpa, and he'd just ramble on about anything and everything randomly for two hours or longer. You had no idea what he was going to say next, but by gosh, it sure was fascinating and entertaining.

That said, however, Norm really needed to pay a few bucks to get his book copy-edited before he sent it off to the publisher. A reference to the national newspaper "U.S. Today" is the least of the troubles.[/quote]
I've only skimmed, not read, but I got that impression.  He's already written one similar work, way back in 1975.  The TV Game Shows is similarly rambly.  In fact, I had a fleeting thought that the new work was just a reprinting of the obscure original, but it's not.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.