Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TVPMM - the vault  (Read 36927 times)

Chief-O

TVPMM - the vault
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2010, 10:28:35 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'249155\' date=\'Oct 14 2010, 09:10 AM\']While I choose not to make any further donations on principle, there are those who find a $25 donation sufficiently challenging to make.  These are some of the best known cues in the world of game shows, and it would be disappointing if some people couldn't access them merely for financial reasons.[/quote]

I can name one.

Looking forward to donating!!!! I'd bet the TPIR cues are worth the price of admission by themselves, but everything else that's been added----my goodness!!! [and that's assuming "Big Showdown" is actually part of it: I haven't seen anything in the inventory page or the TVPMM Twitter mentioning it]
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 10:39:09 AM by Chief-O »
.....and it goes like this!!!

Matt Ottinger

TVPMM - the vault
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2010, 10:35:48 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'249155\' date=\'Oct 14 2010, 10:10 AM\']These are some of the best known cues in the world of game shows, and it would be disappointing if some people couldn't access them merely for financial reasons.[/quote]
Access to a library of game show music cues is not a right, and not being able to hear the theme music to Switcharoo is not exactly a hardship.  I'm not exactly sure why Casey decided to take his cues down merely because they were being commercialized somewhere else, but that's his choice.  If someone can't -- or won't -- pay for access at TVPMM, then they'll just have to do without.  The world will continue to spin.  Meanwhile, I imagine anybody who remotely cares has already downloaded and saved any cues they wanted from Casey, or from any number of other sites that have them.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

tpirfan28

TVPMM - the vault
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2010, 10:43:14 AM »
I purchased a 6-month subscription (which is currently giving you a free month).  Worth the price of admission.  Very funky stuff with the Moog TPIR reel, and a lot of music that probably hasn't been listened to in a very, very long time.

There are a ton of similarities between the Moog reel for Price and the 1970 Password cues - very similar instrumentals, similar variants.

Personally looking forward to the next two reels for Price - the 1976 and 1983 cues are some of the show's greatest pieces, IMO.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 10:46:12 AM by tpirfan28 »
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Matt Ottinger

TVPMM - the vault
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2010, 10:50:36 AM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'249162\' date=\'Oct 14 2010, 10:43 AM\']I purchased a 6-month subscription (which is currently giving you a free month).  Worth the price of admission.  Very funky stuff with the Moog TPIR reel, and a lot of music that probably hasn't been listened to in a very, very long time.[/quote]
Reading the Golden Road thread, it seems as though this library is every TPIR fan's wet dream.  And y'know, that's terrific.  There are some things I find on Ebay that I'm thrilled to have and nobody else could give a flying fig about.  Again, though, people who want to make that investment will be rewarded, and those who can't or won't will just have to find a less expensive hobby or be happy with the pieces that remain public.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Offshored2007

TVPMM - the vault
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2010, 10:53:38 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'249164\' date=\'Oct 14 2010, 10:50 AM\'][quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'249162\' date=\'Oct 14 2010, 10:43 AM\']I purchased a 6-month subscription (which is currently giving you a free month).  Worth the price of admission.  Very funky stuff with the Moog TPIR reel, and a lot of music that probably hasn't been listened to in a very, very long time.[/quote]
Reading the Golden Road thread, it seems as though this library is every TPIR fan's wet dream.  And y'know, that's terrific.  There are some things I find on Ebay that I'm thrilled to have and nobody else could give a flying fig about.  Again, though, people who want to make that investment will be rewarded, and those who can't or won't will just have to find a less expensive hobby or be happy with the pieces that remain public.
[/quote]
Bought a six monther (seven with the bonus month).  There are 2 versions of "The Big Showdown" theme, and tons of old TPiR cues as others have stated. If and when he gets anything from the US Copyright office for "Whew!" I would venture it would end up in the vault.

tvrandywest

TVPMM - the vault
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2010, 12:50:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'249164\' date=\'Oct 14 2010, 07:50 AM\']Reading the Golden Road thread, it seems as though this library is every TPIR fan's wet dream.  And y'know, that's terrific.  There are some things I find on Ebay that I'm thrilled to have and nobody else could give a flying fig about.  Again, though, people who want to make that investment will be rewarded, and those who can't or won't will just have to find a less expensive hobby or be happy with the pieces that remain public.[/quote]
Again, Matt is the voice of reason and sanity. I'll simply add that the TVPMM curator deserves a great deal of credit for dedicating thousands of hours over the past decade to create the definitive repository for this beloved music - and the collection is continuing to grow with some new additions on the way. Helping to defray his costs with a minimal contribution seems well within reason for those who value this material.

Oh, and I was among the slow adopters with PayPal but can now give testimony to its trustworthiness and convenience as I've channelled thousands of dollars in and out of my account from and to all kinds of "Pals".

I've got the music in me.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Chief-O

TVPMM - the vault
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2010, 06:38:22 PM »
Just wanted to share this with the class, in case anyone's wondering---by the looks of it, if you've already donated to the museum in the past, you can just add the necessary amount to gain Vault access. (E.G. if you've already donated $15, you just have to donate $10 more to get the 6 month access)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 06:44:00 PM by Chief-O »

MikeK

• Martha!
TVPMM - the vault
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2010, 07:52:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Chief-O\' post=\'249200\' date=\'Oct 14 2010, 06:38 PM\']Just wanted to share this with the class, in case anyone's wondering---by the looks of it, if you've already donated to the museum in the past, you can just add the necessary amount to gain Vault access. (E.G. if you've already donated $15, you just have to donate $10 more to get the 6 month access)[/quote]
Does this mean those of us who have donated $25 or more in the past have an automatic 6-month membership?

Chief-O

TVPMM - the vault
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2010, 09:45:58 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'249208\' date=\'Oct 14 2010, 06:52 PM\']Does this mean those of us who have donated $25 or more in the past have an automatic 6-month membership?[/quote]

It might; I'd suggest asking Terry. Who knows; maybe he cut me a deal..... :P

dale_grass

TVPMM - the vault
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2010, 10:36:31 PM »
I can't get over the scrumtrulescence of some of the arragements on the Price reels, especially the '74 music.

Chief-O

TVPMM - the vault
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2010, 10:57:54 PM »
Raiding the Vault right now-----yes, the "Big Showdown" theme is as awesome as everyone's saying. I'd probably say it's my most favorite theme of all!! "Last Word" is every bit as cool as I expected it to be. Still have yet to access the TPIR cues, but I'd say what I've heard so far was definitely worth the donation......
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 11:05:02 PM by Chief-O »

chad1m

TVPMM - the vault
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2010, 11:20:14 PM »
I'm also really digging the cues from Family Feud 1994. A lot more of these should've gotten on the show and I really, really wish the current incarnation of the program would use them.

Offshored2007

TVPMM - the vault
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2010, 10:19:55 AM »
per an e-mail from Terry, past contributions don't count toward vault membership.  The additional $$ is well worth it.  And I am sure more gems await.  I never thought I'd hear "The Big Showdown" theme in the clear, or "The Last Word"   The list of "holy grail" missing themes continues to shrink.

weaklink75

TVPMM - the vault
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2010, 11:12:42 AM »
Does anyone have a problem with The Last Word cues? There's no option to select an individual cue- you had to play all of the first cue before the 2nd one started, etc..

Chief-O

TVPMM - the vault
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2010, 12:12:05 PM »
[quote name=\'weaklink75\' post=\'249244\' date=\'Oct 15 2010, 10:12 AM\']Does anyone have a problem with The Last Word cues? There's no option to select an individual cue- you had to play all of the first cue before the 2nd one started, etc..[/quote]

Yeah, that's the one problem with that one page. I also noticed with the "Tattletales" cuts, they only have one cut from each package.