Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show...transparency slides? (eBay)  (Read 2178 times)

Matt Ottinger

Game Show...transparency slides?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 09:36:53 AM »
There's also one for Namedroppers.

[quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'249808\' date=\'Oct 28 2010, 02:11 AM\']Looking for a copy of an Eye Guess home game, I stumbled upon this pic of Bill Cullen on the show's set.[/quote]
Odd that this appears to be the only one of his game show auctions that's offering TWO slides, unless having Larry Blyden in that same set was a mistake of some sort.  I have a scan of the exact picture that's being offered from the Eye Guess set.

[quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'249808\' date=\'Oct 28 2010, 02:11 AM\']* Charles Nelson Reilly on...some NBC show. Probably some big-ticket affair, judging by his outfit.[/quote]
Most likely, that's not a game show at all but an NBC variety show, possibly Dean Martin.  CNR did a lot more than game shows, you know.

Hit the "other items" link and you'll find this guy has a load of interesting NBC stuff, including some neat caricatures from back in the radio days.  At least one of them is a game show too.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

mmb5

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 09:56:05 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'249814\' date=\'Oct 28 2010, 09:36 AM\']Most likely, that's not a game show at all but an NBC variety show, possibly Dean Martin.  CNR did a lot more than game shows, you know.[/quote]

"If you think this is going to be about game shows, you're in the wrong place." -- CNR on The Life of Reilly.  He didn't talk much about Dean Martin, either.  He once said (not from the movie) that he was driving home from a Dean Martin rehearsal one night in a convertible, his script blew away, and after thinking about it for a second, said to himself "what's the point", and continued on.

I wonder if the slide could also be from when he hosted The Golddiggers?

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Queen of Nerdocrombesia

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 11:31:27 AM »
[quote name=\'mmb5\' post=\'249817\' date=\'Oct 28 2010, 09:56 AM\']I wonder if the slide could also be from when he hosted The Golddiggers?[/quote]

Drawing from that, and what looks to be a Union Jack in the top right, it may be from The Golddiggers in London.

By the way, if you haven't gotten The Life of Reilly DVD yet, it's a force to be reckoned with.  A 2-disc set with not only the (jolly) theatrical film, but also a taping of the full 3-hr stage show.  I mean, just FYI.
"These days, if a show doesn't make it in a couple of weeks, it goes out in the alley.  Faith has become too expensive."

--Garry Moore, 1979