Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Find One Episode  (Read 14763 times)

mmb5

Find One Episode
« on: September 23, 2010, 06:38:54 PM »
There is an article in today's New York Times that the baseball game considered the best game that was broadcast and was now lost -- Game #7 of the 1960 World Series -- has been found, in Bing Crosby's recording collection.  MLB Network has secured the rights, and will be broadcasting it in the off season.

Question to the group -- what one episode of one show that is currently lost do you think would be the best to be found?  I would nominate any episode for the week Liza Minelli and Dustin Hoffman played in the 60s version of the Match Game.

Your choice?

--Mike
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 06:40:38 PM by mmb5 »
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Jimmy Owen

Find One Episode
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 06:56:28 PM »
The first $10,000 roll on "The Big Showdown."
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Clay Zambo

Find One Episode
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 10:01:29 PM »
I'd kinda like to see one of the Christmas week episodes of PASSWORD when Lee Remick and Stephen Sondheim were the celebs.
czambo@mac.com

TheInquisitiveOne

Find One Episode
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 11:38:34 PM »
$ale of the Century, 1988.

I (may) have stated for the record that I was never a fan of the Winner's Big Money Game, but I have always wanted the episode where Rani White became the only person to successfully win the $50,000 top prize in that particular bonus round. During my trading years, this episode eluded everyone.

Quite the rarity.

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

Mr. Brown

Find One Episode
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 12:38:55 AM »
Up until a few years ago, it was the Saturday Night Live Mardi Gras special, but they finally released that on DVD...

Now, I don't believe I could formulate an answer to that question... Especially related to game shows... Didn't Bill Cullen do some colorized episodes of the original Price is Right? I'd definitely like to see those.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 12:41:43 AM by Mr. Brown »
Cheers,
Mr. Brown, Esq.
‎"I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body." -Charlie Sheen

BrandonFG

Find One Episode
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 12:47:13 AM »
The original perfect showcase episode of TPiR, from the 70s.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Find One Episode
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 12:52:16 AM »
I'd like to see an episode of "The Celebrity Game"....if only to see the sheer number of celebrities that show attracted.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Jay Temple

Find One Episode
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 02:00:59 AM »
For myself, the first $10,000 Pyramid.
For the greater audience, there's an ep of either IGAS or WML with Lucille Ball that never aired on GSN because part of it is missing. I'd wish for that to be found.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
Find One Episode
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 02:16:52 AM »
Any episode from the week You Don't Say! taped in Florida. That picture on Adam Nedeff's site looks inviting, mainly because not many games eschew the relatively-cold interior studio for natural outdoor beauty.

Didn't Bill Cullen do some colorized episodes of the original Price is Right? I'd definitely like to see those.
The NBC nighttime version was in color for its entire run. I only know of one legit color photograph to exist.

I'd like to see an episode of "The Celebrity Game".
I remember seeing one on YouTube. Here's Part 1 (rest are in the sidebar).
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 12:26:35 AM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Steve Gavazzi

Find One Episode
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 02:41:00 AM »
[quote name=\'Mr. Brown\' post=\'248189\' date=\'Sep 24 2010, 12:38 AM\']Now, I don't believe I could formulate an answer to that question... Especially related to game shows... Didn't Bill Cullen do some colorized episodes of the original Price is Right? I'd definitely like to see those.[/quote]
Actually, I think most of the NBC episodes were in color...they just don't seem like it 50 years down the road because they were only saved as kinescopes.

As for me...I was thinking I'd pick one of the three "replaced" TPIR episodes, probably the original third show, but then I remembered that there's a half-hour show from early in the 7th season which, despite not having any production issues, was apparently never aired.  I guess I'll go with that one.

Craig Karlberg

Find One Episode
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 03:44:33 AM »
As far as TPIR goes, the debut of Finish Line, Shower Game or the Telephone Game.  I'm curious as to how any one of these games were played the first time out.

rebelwrest

Find One Episode
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 08:07:25 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'248192\' date=\'Sep 24 2010, 12:52 AM\']I'd like to see an episode of "The Celebrity Game"....if only to see the sheer number of celebrities that show attracted.[/quote]

Part 1 (rest are side barred)
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

mmb5

Find One Episode
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 08:39:40 AM »
I think I need to clarify -- shows that are presumed not to exist.  Celebrity Game and Sale exist.  Things like the last episode of Rhyme and Reason.  Nobody has seen it since, nobody knows where it is or if it is.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

catkins522

Find One Episode
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2010, 09:01:52 AM »
I would like to see the one and only episode of "You're in the Picture".  Take it back...yes, there is a 2nd and finale show, but Jackie Gleason did a monologue saying I'm sorry for 30 minutes.

Sidenote:  Oops, The Paley Center for Media has the 2 shows.  Darn it.

Charles Atkins
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

Matt Ottinger

Find One Episode
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2010, 09:04:30 AM »
[quote name=\'mmb5\' post=\'248207\' date=\'Sep 24 2010, 08:39 AM\']I think I need to clarify -- shows that are presumed not to exist.  Celebrity Game and Sale exist.  Things like the last episode of Rhyme and Reason.  Nobody has seen it since, nobody knows where it is or if it is.[/quote]
Neat question, one I've been turning over in my head for a while.

I think, given one choice, it wouldn't even be a Cullen, merely Cullen related.  We have the first What's My Line?, but it appears that the premiere of I've Got A Secret is lost.  According to Fates, it was an unmitigated disaster, but one that today would be of significant historical relevance.

If I were to pick a Cullen, it would probably be one of his obscure early shows, like Act It Out or Meet Your Match.  I've recently received a radio episode of Meet Your Match (without Cullen), so probably the first one.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.