Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Brief Feast of Favorites '03 thoughts  (Read 7535 times)

Jimmy Owen

Brief Feast of Favorites '03 thoughts
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2003, 12:40:02 PM »
Patrick Wayne is an actor, and as such, was following direction from someone behind the scenes when he yelled "YOU BLOCK!!!!" and "YOU WINNNN!!!"  I don't think Patrick came up with that himself, otherwise that behind the scenes person would have told him to stop doing that.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Mike Tennant

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2003, 01:15:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Dec 2 2003, 12:40 PM\']Patrick Wayne is an actor, and as such, was following direction from someone behind the scenes when he yelled "YOU BLOCK!!!!" and "YOU WINNNN!!!"  I don't think Patrick came up with that himself, otherwise that behind the scenes person would have told him to stop doing that.[/quote]
Maybe. . .

Or maybe, as an actor, he was playing the role of generic, stereotypical game show host.  That is often the trouble when turning non-hosts into hosts.  Instead of being game show hosts, they play game show hosts, which is not the same thing at all.

I think that's also the reason that replacement voices for cartoon characters are seldom as good as the originals.  Replacement voice actors are doing impersonations of the original voices, and impersonations necessarily involve some exaggeration of particular characteristics for comic effect.  To bring this back to the topic of Patrick Wayne, then, I think he was doing an impersonation of a game show host, which of course involved exaggeration for effect (unintentionally comic, and grating, in this case).

uncamark

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2003, 09:36:48 PM »
Quick notes on "Celeb Bullseye:"

Notice that there was neither a Columbia TriStar "Boxes of Boredom" nor Sony logo added to the end of either ep.  Guess that they didn't see it coming...

And also note that on the F. Lee Bailey episode, we see him looking at his watch right before the fade to commercial break 2.  I have the feeling that he waved Dan Enright over during the break to ask him if they were going to wrap this up in time for him to make his flight over at LAX.  Guess Patrick Wayne wasn't challenging enough competition for the counselor.  :)

Jay Temple

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2003, 12:26:00 PM »
Why, oh why, didn't I pay attention to the channel when I was programming my VCR for the first half of the marathon?  Then I would have noticed that it was still on the default channel of 03 instead of the channel where GSN actually airs.  At least I still got to see the two eps of Bullseye.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.