Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Feud" on GSN (9:00AM 8/13)  (Read 18494 times)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
"Feud" on GSN (9:00AM 8/13)
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2010, 02:10:39 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'247478\' date=\'Sep 14 2010, 12:18 AM\'](or even most famous)[/quote]
I'm 6 pages in, and this is some of the most entertaining literature I've read in a while.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 02:10:56 AM by DoorNumberFour »
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

J.R.

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2010, 02:23:29 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'247478\' date=\'Sep 13 2010, 11:18 PM\'](or even most famous)[/quote]
Thank you for finding this. The epic owning that Mario500 got in that thread is very entertaining.

/Need the laugh after the painful Chargers loss.
-Joe Raygor

BrandonFG

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2010, 02:42:41 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'247478\' date=\'Sep 14 2010, 12:18 AM\'][quote name=\'gameshowlover87\' post=\'247463\' date=\'Sep 13 2010, 07:14 PM\'](Assuming that was about me) I don't have an extensive tape library of game shows.[/quote]
You are far from the only (or even most famous)
[/quote]

Between that and the ATGS rant Ottinger linked to later in the thread, I now need a drink.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

JonSea31

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2010, 07:58:56 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'247416\' date=\'Sep 13 2010, 05:23 PM\']How? Your profile show's that you're banned.[quote name=\'Modor\']No, silly posts won't get you booted.  Making continuous posts that were detrimental to certain groups of people was a likely factor.[/quote][/quote]
Actually, my JonSea31 account on GSN Buzz was closed not due to conduct problems, but I originally wanted to have my original account closed for security reasons.  Late in May, I was harassed by PMs by a user who posted a video of a 2-year old boy smoking a cigarette and naming him after one of GSN's key figures.  I told him publicly that I was reporting the user, and he retaliated by threatening to report me to the moderators.  He was more in the wrong than I was, which is why he ended up getting banned for good.  If I would have been banned because of him, my ban would have been considered an unjust ban.

To avoid any further harassment in case this person was to come back as a sock-puppet alias (even if he was to add a "2" to his username), I came back under a fresh new alias and started my posting career from scratch.

BTW, if some of you don't believe my reason, then too bad.  If you truly don't agree with my reason, instead of criticizing my posts, please be respectful of them otherwise block me on both forums.  If my current alias was truly being frowned upon, I would not have received a PM by GSNAngel telling me she was closing my JonSea31 account on GSN Buzz.  So that's an indicator that I am not banned from GSN Buzz.

As for my quality of posts being low, that's because I am autistic.  I tend to post material based on my beliefs over certain hosts, shows, or other stuff related to a game show.  And I am sure a lot of people do post the same way too, whether they are autistic or not.  So why do people have to bash me all the time?  If you feel the need to bash me based on my beliefs, put me on ignore and that will solve the problems.

And as for my future of posting on GSN Buzz, the main reason why I post there is because of classics.  If all of the classics disappear from the schedule completely, consider me done with the GSN forums.  And then all I will have to look forward to in terms of game shows will be YouTube uploads and Drew Carey's TPIR.  But once TPIR goes off the air (and hopefully it won't be any time soon), my days of watching television will be limited to just music videos.

Now it is only a matter of time before I find out which Richard came on.  My money is already on Karn.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 10:32:05 AM by JonSea31 »
I am developing classic game show PC games.
If you'd like to find out information about them, PM me anytime.

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2010, 09:00:30 AM »
Ugh, I've seen Mario500 before. He even had the nerve to defend Bob Barker, and call anyone who constantly bashes him someone who needs to get a life.

JonSea31

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2010, 09:06:51 AM »
So, what aired this morning - Dawson's or Karn's?

EDIT:  I was on break at work when I posted this.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 10:48:23 AM by JonSea31 »

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2010, 09:32:23 AM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' post=\'247456\' date=\'Sep 13 2010, 08:32 PM\']A Hulu-like site would be nice, because reality be damned, it would still be a shame to lose everything pre-'80s forever. (A world where things Britney are considered timeless?  Yuck...)[/quote]
I'm sure they said the same thing about Bert Convy twenty years ago.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2010, 01:58:00 PM »
[quote name=\'JonSea31\' post=\'247494\' date=\'Sep 14 2010, 04:58 AM\']As for my quality of posts being low, that's because I am autistic.[/quote]
You're not the only autistic person here, and I'm going to guess that at least several of them are now deeply offended at you using that as an excuse.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2010, 05:11:32 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'247525\' date=\'Sep 14 2010, 01:58 PM\'][quote name=\'JonSea31\' post=\'247494\' date=\'Sep 14 2010, 04:58 AM\']As for my quality of posts being low, that's because I am autistic.[/quote]
You're not the only autistic person here, and I'm going to guess that at least several of them are now deeply offended at you using that as an excuse.
[/quote]
This. I find that quite reprehensible, and slightly like a now-banned member who used autism as an excuse to cut loose.

A word of advice if you expect to remain here Jon, using your condition as an excuse gets you nowhere. Telling folks to either put up with it or block you doesn't help.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2010, 12:11:03 AM »
[quote name=\'JonSea31\' post=\'247494\' date=\'Sep 14 2010, 04:58 AM\']If you feel the need to bash me based on my beliefs, put me on ignore and that will solve the problems.[/quote]Not your beliefs. Your behavior.
Travis L. Eberle

JonSea31

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2010, 10:27:04 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'247592\' date=\'Sep 15 2010, 01:41 AM\']Not your beliefs. Your behavior.[/quote]

I'm sorry, but I can't help it if I have behavior problems.  Behavior issues are normal for persons with autism.  Autistic persons cannot become non-autistic persons overnight.  It's a developmental disability that alters my brain, and my way of thinking is a lot different than that of a normal person.  A lot of persons with autism post here quite frequently, and a lot of them are not banned.  Why is that?  Because their brains function better than that of mine.

Autism also involves obsessions - some of them can become addictions.  I had my share of addictions during my youth - including Sesame Street, certain content in Richie Rich comics, select cartoons back in the 1980s, and some game shows.  Although many of those obsessions are no longer a part of my life, the magnitude of the surviving obsessions have strengthened greatly.

And autism involves lack of judgment.  Autistic persons tend to perceive things quite differently and that is why those kind of people (including I) tend to post things based on belief and not fact.  In fact, I do admit I never do watch the news on TV.  Why?  Because to me, I have obsessions supersede greatly over the news.  The news is one hour out of my day that takes a chunk out of my time off work.

I also don't have an interest in reading books and/or novels.  Reason?  Because books lack color and images, not to mention I have a very limited vocabulary.  While my vocabulary has broadened in the last decade, it only broadened because they were synonyms for words that I learned in kindergarten and first or second grade.  I never did have an interest in learning new things because "obsessions" got in the way, and I do admit I have had at least one or two obsessions since I was about 3 years old.

Images and color are what attract me to potential new interests.  I cannot approach new interests like a normal person can - I can only "catch" new interests like a virus, and instantly.  This is why I got into Press Your Luck when I first saw it in September 1984.  It was a new interest that I "caught" like a virus in a heartbeat, and I watched it religiously.  Same for Sesame Street back in the 1970s - again, a case of colors and classic animation are what attracted me to the show and remained an obsessive desire until my mother banned it in October 1984.  I tend to live on obsessions.  If all of my obsessions disappear out of my life completely, I will likely end up in a melancholy state (not to the extent of crying) with nothing to do.

Autism also involves repetition.  My brain tends to rely heavily on repetition for decades now.  That's likely an effect of limited interests.  Those limited interests can cause people like me to "eat, sleep, and think" about those narrow interests.  I am unable to broaden my interests because of the way my brain tends to rely heavily on vision as the key sense to determine if certain things qualify as a new interest.  In fact, I have developed only one new interest since 1995 (it was developed in 2007, oddly enough) - and needless to say, it became an obsession.

I recommend for you to take a bit of time to read this article about autism, so that people would be more understanding of the nature of the disability:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism

By reading this article, you will have a more thorough understanding and you will learn that persons with my disability cannot function like a normal person can, and likely never will.  And you will learn that there should be allowances made for persons with my disability.

BTW, if I am posting based on my beliefs and perception, are forums not recommended for me?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 11:25:55 AM by JonSea31 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2010, 01:17:51 PM »
[quote name=\'JonSea31\' post=\'247610\' date=\'Sep 15 2010, 07:27 AM\']A lot of persons with autism post here quite frequently, and a lot of them are not banned.[/quote]
It should be pointed out that you're not banned, either. Just annoying.
and that is why those kind of people (including I) tend to post things based on belief and not fact.
Aaaaaand that's gonna be a problem.
And you will learn that there should be allowances made for persons with my disability.
The fail, it is epic.
BTW, if I am posting based on my beliefs and perception, are forums not recommended for me?
If you're using your disability as an excuse for ignoring facts in favor of your beliefs and perceptions? Correct, forums are not recommended for you. At least, not this one.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2010, 01:37:44 PM »
[quote name=\'JonSea31\' post=\'247610\' date=\'Sep 15 2010, 09:27 AM\']Autistic persons cannot become non-autistic persons overnight.[/quote]No one said they can.
I recommend for you to take a bit of time to read this article about autism, so that people would be more understanding of the nature of the disability:
Its insulting for you to assume none of us know what autism is.
And you will learn that there should be allowances made for persons with my disability.
Why?  Just because Brenda gave you a free pass doesn't mean you get one here as well.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 01:38:00 PM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2010, 09:46:46 PM »
[quote name=\'JonSea31\' post=\'247610\' date=\'Sep 15 2010, 07:27 AM\']I'm sorry, but I can't help it if I have behavior problems.  Behavior issues are normal for persons with autism.  Autistic persons cannot become non-autistic persons overnight.  It's a developmental disability that alters my brain, and my way of thinking is a lot different than that of a normal person.  A lot of persons with autism post here quite frequently, and a lot of them are not banned.  Why is that?  Because their brains function better than that of mine.[/quote]That's terrrific. I still expect people to conduct themselves as grown-ups if I'm going to interact with them. Is that going to be a problem for you?
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2010, 11:41:58 PM »
[quote name=\'JonSea31\' post=\'247610\' date=\'Sep 15 2010, 10:27 AM\'](Snip)[/quote]
You're in a forum with several autistic members, not to mention one who was banned for doing what you do now: act out and blame it on his autism, thinking he could skirt the law because of it. Your efforts to educate us do nothing but paint a really ugly picture of autistic people, and that they use their condition to gain sympathy and otherwise be obnoxious. Oh, BTW, they all have the decorum you're starting to lack.