Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nick and more  (Read 2397 times)

Jamey Greek

Nick and more
« on: July 12, 2011, 02:25:03 PM »
http://www.nickandmore.com/head-2-head/awards-2011/

Vote for Todd Newton as best TV host!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Nick and more
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 03:19:55 PM »
What does this have to do with game shows?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Matt Ottinger

Nick and more
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 03:33:05 PM »
What does this have to do with game shows?
Far more than Jamey's posts usually do.  There's a "host" category for the voting, three of which are definitely game show hosts.  As Jamie mentioned in his subheader and in the body of his message, he'd like you to vote for Todd Newton, a Board favorite, for his work on Family Fun Night.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Nick and more
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 05:30:16 PM »
I disagree completely. This is Henke-style posting at its peak, searching for game show content where little if any exist. His posting of commercials with game show hosts in them have more content.

Personally I take with piles of salt any poll group whose leader has an iCarly fetish. (Unless said person is of preteen age at which point I withdraw the comment due to the content becoming somewhat understandable in spite of its apparent lack of variety.)

Back to point: I do a radio show where one of our recurring panelists is former Millionaire contestant Jason Block. That's about as relevant, no?

/mileage of course may vary
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 05:40:27 PM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BrandonFG

Nick and more
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 06:01:13 PM »
I'll disagree to an extent, if that makes sense. Despite the fact that it's another overblown awards show (as if there aren't enough), I'll argue that it at least involves a game show host, in that you're voting for someone.

I do agree that the connection is a bit tenuous, but it's better than a 5-second promo for "The $100,000 Pyramid" in a 6-minute block from 1986.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!