Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Prize/Ticket/Promotional Consideration Music Cues  (Read 8115 times)

Argo

Prize/Ticket/Promotional Consideration Music Cues
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 02:57:08 PM »
mine would have to be Thicke WHEEL outros (temptation eyes and the other one, some people have called the 'country-style" cue. Really favour TPIR cues that were used on NYSI then moved over to TPIR.

Matt Miller

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 11:07:51 PM »
Do unsold pilots count? If so, Hyper Gamma Space (contestant cue) from B&E's 21 is pretty good. In the realm of aired game shows though, it's a tough call. I liked the prize plug on PYL; the Davidson run of HS also had a nice secret square prize cue I thought was cool. Scrabble '93's contestant cue was another one I found  to be enjoyable along with the WBMG cue on $ale of the Century. I don't think I could pick a favorite though
Matt

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2010, 11:09:51 AM »
[quote name=\'GiraffeBoy\' post=\'246998\' date=\'Sep 6 2010, 03:23 PM\']The MG '7X ticket plug and the PYL prize read-off cue.  Kind of a bummer when Peter would say, "No need to talk to Rod Roddy, because it's all cash!"

--Charlie[/quote]

The interesting thing about the PYL prize cue is that there were actually two different versions of it: A jazzier version that was used during the first month or so on the air, and a synthesized one that was used for the majority of the run. It would make my day if both versions resurface.

ActualRetailMike

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 12:22:10 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'247024\' date=\'Sep 6 2010, 08:36 PM\']Loved the cue music for TT (the 70s model).  Would always watch in vain to see if somehow, someway the ticket plug/prize descriptions would go past one minute to see if the cue (which is a vamp of the break in the main theme) would segue into the main theme (wasn't until listening to the cue at TVPMM [cuts 21 and 22] that I found that it didn't, it just continued into more of a vamp of the break).[/quote]
Was but a small child at the time, but I used to try to figure out the melodic connection between the Art Fleming J! theme (Take Ten), the original think music, the contestant intro riff, and even the (probably stock or needledrop) music played when the board curtain opened before each round.  I think I once composed a segue in which the usual cold finish at the end of Take Ten quickly led into a succession of notes that spiraled lower, slower, and softer until you had the think music.

Jamey Greek

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2010, 01:43:31 AM »
I would say I like the Wheel of Fortune "Buzzword" cue.  So glad to see that it later became the Merv Griffin's Crosswords theme.  Also, wasn't it used for a pilot that Merv did called Buzzword?