Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Are the GSN boards worthwhile?  (Read 26003 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Are the GSN boards worthwhile?
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2003, 01:37:39 AM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Nov 23 2003, 01:33 AM\']
Then in another thread I saw three HUGE signatured gifs of some head-shaved idiot making the "hard core rock-n-roll" gestures who I can only assume is Iann Robinson based on the poster's undying love for same.

Oh yes... haven't I had quite the run in with him.

One reason I don't like the GSn boards is because he is NEVER censored and I have been a few times. he constantly bashes TPIR for no good reason, and everytime I try to explain something, he'll write that I'm a liar, I don't know anything, and that I need to stop making attacks on him because he didn't ask for my opinion (even if he didn;t start that thread). And this same guy I'm pretty sure has appeared on other boards too, cause he uses the phrase "that totally reeks of awsomeness" and I never forgot that phrase- cause it's incredibly stupid. Anyway, after posting at GSn, I have come to appreciate this board much, much more. [/quote]
 I have had run-ins with said poster as well; (Headbanger26, formerly HeadacheKenneth).  As others have mentioned; every time someone explains something, or disagrees with his POV, he will become angry and accuse that person of being a "rude" or "shallow" individual; while such accusations are hollow.

Just like urbanpreppie, I have been censored, but this individual usually is not.  

Can't expect much from a headbanging idiot; who claims he is 26.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2003, 03:10:24 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Nov 22 2003, 11:37 PM\'] (Headbanger26, formerly HeadacheKenneth). [/quote]
 WAIT. This guy?

http://gameshow.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=595&hl=

..and THIS guy?

http://gameshow.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=422&st=50

Holy God, does that explain a lot...

(And as a proud Def Leppard fan who just got his first electric guitar, there is NOTHING wrong with headbanging. In and of itself. :))
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2003, 10:48:37 AM »
I have had run-ins with said poster as well; (Headbanger26, formerly HeadacheKenneth). As others have mentioned; every time someone explains something, or disagrees with his POV, he will become angry and accuse that person of being a "rude" or "shallow" individual; while such accusations are hollow.
You'll notice from Chris' links above that this "headbanger" fellow found us, spent two days here, and didn't come back.  I think it speaks volumes about the tone you guys maintain on our boards that such a fellow would realize this forum isn't the best place for him to be.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chuckwooleryfan

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2003, 11:04:23 AM »
I know how most of you that have come across him feel. And I've certainly had my fair share of censorship compared to him.

It almost gives me the impression that the GSN Forums are starting to be like what some people accuse NASCAR racing of... perhaps they favor certain users over others.

That's probably stretching it, but I'm almost tempted to believe that, if you ask me.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2003, 11:51:17 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Nov 23 2003, 07:48 AM\'] this "headbanger" fellow found us, spent two days here, and didn't come back.  I think it speaks volumes about the tone you guys maintain on our boards that such a fellow would realize this forum isn't the best place for him to be. [/quote]
 Oh, darn.

Dbacksfan12

« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2003, 01:16:35 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 23 2003, 03:10 AM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Nov 22 2003, 11:37 PM\'] (Headbanger26, formerly HeadacheKenneth). [/quote]
WAIT. This guy?
[/quote]
Yes.  That's the guy.

Incidentally, the moderator told me that she read this thread on the board and is "slightly disheartened" that we refered to her as a babysitter.

Oh well...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2004, 03:25:07 AM by Dsmith »
--Mark

melman1

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2003, 02:35:49 PM »
(Headbanger26, formerly HeadacheKenneth).
1300+ posts just since July.

[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Nov 23 2003, 11:16 AM\'] Incidentally, the moderator told me that she read this thread on the board and is "slightly disheartened" that we refered to her as a babysitter.
 [/quote]
However, I am really encouraged to see that a long-time troll seems to have finally been banned over there.  Anyone who participated in the discussion yesterday (which has also been deleted) about him, knows who I mean.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2003, 02:43:06 PM by melman1 »
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

starsfan54

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2003, 07:32:27 PM »
I'm probably in the minority about Ken, and I bet I'll get flamed for this, but I have to stand up for him. I've known him for over a year and I can honestly say that he isn't the guy that many of you have made him out to be. He's an awesome guy that's easily likeable once you get to know him and my belief is that unless you've actually gotten to know him on a personal level, I don't think you have the right to bash him like you have been. I know I'll get bashed for this, but I'm ready for it. You can even email me if you want to express your opinion to me. (starsfan54@yahoo.com) No matter what you do, I'll always be there to defend him at every step of the way.

tommycharles

« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2003, 10:03:19 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 23 2003, 03:10 AM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Nov 22 2003, 11:37 PM\'] (Headbanger26, formerly HeadacheKenneth). [/quote]
WAIT. This guy?

http://gameshow.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=595&hl=

..and THIS guy?

http://gameshow.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=422&st=50

Holy God, does that explain a lot...

(And as a proud Def Leppard fan who just got his first electric guitar, there is NOTHING wrong with headbanging. In and of itself. :)) [/quote]
 Its good to see that the level of discussion alone will ward off potential proto-trolls.

OT - what kind of guitar did you get, Chris?

chuckwooleryfan

« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2003, 11:09:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Nov 23 2003, 01:16 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 23 2003, 03:10 AM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Nov 22 2003, 11:37 PM\'] (Headbanger26, formerly HeadacheKenneth). [/QUOTE]
WAIT. This guy?
[/QUOTE] [/QUOTE]
Yes.  That's the guy.

Incidentally, the moderator told me that she read this thread on the board and is "slightly disheartened" that we refered to her as a babysitter.

Oh well... [/quote]
 Let's see... I know that CD I made with the 96 Tears song is around here somewhere...

Nope, can't find it right now.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2003, 11:26:49 PM »
[quote name=\'starsfan54\' date=\'Nov 23 2003, 05:32 PM\'] I know I'll get bashed for this, but I'm ready for it. You can even email me if you want to express your opinion to me. (starsfan54@yahoo.com) No matter what you do, I'll always be there to defend him at every step of the way.

[/quote]
 Absolutely not. You are entitled to your opinion. People may disagree with that opinion, and in some cases with very good reason, but it's still an opinion. I have pretty good evidence that he's a complete kook, and anyone who aspires to work at a video arcade and sticks pictures that big in his signature simply isnt the sort of guy I'm gonna sit down to a game of Password with, but that's my opinion.

Welcome aboard! :)
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Nov 23 2003, 08:03 PM\']OT - what kind of guitar did you get, Chris? [/quote]
Nothing fancy at all, it's one of those Kramer Focus kits they sell on musicyo.com, with the cheesy amp and gig bag and such. I figure why invest in something really good until I can actually play the thing, and this is a perfectly suitable learning instrument.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2003, 11:33:53 PM »
[quote name=\'starsfan54\' date=\'Nov 23 2003, 07:32 PM\'] I'm probably in the minority about Ken, and I bet I'll get flamed for this, but I have to stand up for him. I've known him for over a year and I can honestly say that he isn't the guy that many of you have made him out to be. He's an awesome guy that's easily likeable once you get to know him and my belief is that unless you've actually gotten to know him on a personal level, I don't think you have the right to bash him like you have been. I know I'll get bashed for this, but I'm ready for it. You can even email me if you want to express your opinion to me. (starsfan54@yahoo.com) No matter what you do, I'll always be there to defend him at every step of the way. [/quote]
Not too awesome, considering he made this post on the GSN boards tonight:

To Guide_Angel
I'm posting this message for you to read, because for the past few weeks I've been chastise, criticized and abused by 3 individual GSN board members gsfan, urbanpreppie0004 & melman. Now I know the penalty for being banned since my existance on the boards a year and a half ago and certain limits, but I feel violated by watching the 3 individuals post negative things about me and making fun of my personal life. I know that I put them on my ignore list, but they STILL ramble on and hurting other GSN board members which was being carried over from the Invision boards. I really want this flaming war to end right here and now. This is the best complaint I can come up with, but I hope you understand me in full and thanks for taking the time reading this message.
All three of these people are members of this board, and, AFAIK, members in good standing.  He flat out states that he can't take a criticism, which is pretty sad for a 26 year old.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 12:40:20 AM by chris319 »
--Mark

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2003, 12:42:43 AM »
Imagine having to moderate that kind of merd for a living.

Asking rhetorically, why do game show boards attract so many of the emotionally disturbed?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 02:25:56 AM by chris319 »

Ian Wallis

« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2003, 09:38:44 AM »
I've posted over there and like to think I'm one of the intelligent posters(!), although I haven't posted too much lately.  Sometimes I go days without even reading the GSN boards.

The Invision Board is the place I first visit and if I run out of time before I get to GSN, so be it.  I find the discussions are generally more intelligent here.  Usually I just read the GSN boards to see if there's any information on upcoming schedules, "lost" episodes, or things like that.  Sometimes things get posted over there which don't get posted over here and make for interesting reading, but generally those "good" messages are few and far between.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

melman1

« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2003, 09:44:30 AM »
Not too awesome, considering he made this post on the GSN boards tonight:

I thought we had a rule of not cross-posting stuff from other board sites.  For the record, the moderator over there has bleeped out the names of the accused, AND posted a sharp smack-down of that post, pointing out that the accusations are entirely baseless.

His rant at GSN seems to be a direct response to this thread.  Unless his posting privs were taken away here, it seems awfully spineless to lurk here and then post a response at GSN, thinking that he'd somehow be "protected" there.

I'll say no more.  In fact if the mods yanked this thread entirely, I wouldn't mind.  We should be better than this.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 10:58:51 AM by melman1 »
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.