Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TVPMM and "Whew!" rights  (Read 14208 times)

davemackey

TVPMM and "Whew!" rights
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2010, 09:57:41 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'245188\' date=\'Jul 29 2010, 01:51 AM\'][quote name=\'gamed121683\' post=\'245154\' date=\'Jul 28 2010, 10:38 AM\']So maybe he doesn't mention WHEW! because it's a show that very few people remember, rather than just emotional memory block.
Just my two Lincolns.[/quote]
Or maybe he doesn't want to tell about throwing the score in the fire (if that's what actually happened).
[/quote]
I remember Thicke being on a talk show years ago and playing some of his themes on the piano, including "Wheel of Fortune", "Joker's Jive" and his sitcom themes.

Ian Wallis

TVPMM and "Whew!" rights
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2010, 02:31:24 PM »
Or maybe he doesn't want to tell about throwing the score in the fire (if that's what actually happened).

I supposed he could just say that he doesn't know where all of his stuff is, or he didn't keep master copies of it all and leave it at that.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 02:31:50 PM by Ian Wallis »
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Argo

TVPMM and "Whew!" rights
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2010, 11:21:55 PM »
Also comes to question where the 'missing' tracks from Thicke WOF are, such as the win cue, some more prize descriptions and those commercial outros.

Offshored2007

TVPMM and "Whew!" rights
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2010, 10:11:05 AM »
[quote name=\'gamed121683\' post=\'245156\' date=\'Jul 28 2010, 01:41 PM\'][quote name=\'Offshored2007\' post=\'245135\' date=\'Jul 28 2010, 09:23 AM\'][quote name=\'snowpeck\' post=\'245123\' date=\'Jul 28 2010, 12:37 AM\']I can easily cite the source of that rumor... from an old, old copy of the TVPMM site in the Internet Archive:

We have found through our collecting efforts that "life " plays a key role in the fate of existing recorded works. Some examples are:

a. The composer that was married to a popular singer composer that filed for a divorce. As their relationship deteriorated and divorce became inevitable their co-creations became an object of anger. During fights scores were burned, analog tapes were thrown in the trash and no known works survived from this popular couple. Thats until we stepped in and recovered an album of several classic works from daytime television. To maintain their privacy we can not name the specific works but the museum holds the only known original of their recordings.

Someone along the way drew the conclusion that the couple referred to are Alan Thicke and Gloria Loring (which, honestly, makes perfect sense).

No clue on the validity of the original item though... or if Thicke and Loring are indeed who it's referring to.
[/quote]
I always thought it was Thicke and Loring when that item appeared back on TVPMM.  Maybe that's why Thicke can't remember doing the music (painful mamories blotted out).
[/quote]

Painful MEMORIES are one thing, but mamories? I'd see a gynecologist about that...
[/quote]
Dam* spellcheck!