Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Most Impressive Set Piece Created  (Read 12733 times)

dazztardly

Most Impressive Set Piece Created
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2010, 01:15:23 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'243867\' date=\'Jul 8 2010, 02:20 PM\'][quote name=\'toetyper\' post=\'243865\' date=\'Jul 8 2010, 03:07 PM\']q  about SOTC set/ when the back opened up did the part where the  podiums  were move to? lf not; id think the studio audience would have difficulty seeing back[/quote]
I'm almost positive that when they showed a wide shot during the closing, the desks remained. But, they were off to the side to where they shouldn't have blocked the view, and even if they did, the audience would have monitors to watch the show.
[/quote]

Yep, the podiums remained stationary. With that gap in the middle of the stage, there was enough room for a camera to get up close.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2010, 02:12:54 PM »
[quote name=\'dazztardly\' post=\'243889\' date=\'Jul 10 2010, 01:15 PM\']Yep, the podiums remained stationary. With that gap in the middle of the stage, there was enough room for a camera to get up close.[/quote]
And the beauty shots of the prizes during the descriptions were recorded in advance, so you really only needed one camera (maybe two) back there at the end of the show.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

GSmaniac

« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2010, 03:28:44 PM »
Along the line of Kids' game shows, the "Finders Keepers" house was pretty impressive. I just noticed this year that the top floor had a faux balcony so that the cameras could film up there. Along with that, the Eure set which looked like the front of the house was cool too.

Also for me: Sets from "Whew!", "Scrabble", "Russian Roulette", and "Trivia Trap"

Veejay7

« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2010, 06:25:07 PM »
I have to agree with Mr. West.  There's just something special about the original Concentration gameboard, and the lengths it took to put it together-- and keep it together for two decades.  I'd love to see the mechanical design for that board.  From what I've read, it was a remarkably complicated device.  And considering it was designed and built in the mid 1950's, it served us all very well.