Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud getting a new set?  (Read 21489 times)

dale_grass

Family Feud getting a new set?
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2010, 06:24:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Jeremy Nelson\' post=\'243898\' date=\'Jul 10 2010, 04:03 PM\']Buzzerblog's got the first new set pic....it looks like there are a few alterations, but basically the same as last season.[/quote]
I dunno.  With HDTV becoming more prevalent, you'd think they would have went with a less-blurry set.

NickS

« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2010, 07:00:31 PM »
[quote name=\'dale_grass\' post=\'243899\' date=\'Jul 10 2010, 05:24 PM\'][quote name=\'Jeremy Nelson\' post=\'243898\' date=\'Jul 10 2010, 04:03 PM\']Buzzerblog's got the first new set pic....it looks like there are a few alterations, but basically the same as last season.[/quote]
I dunno.  With HDTV becoming more prevalent, you'd think they would have went with a less-blurry set.
[/quote]

Detracts that new floor, for sure.

ObSet: OK, I'm curious how the new buzz-in podiums will work.  Count me as interested.

JMFabiano

« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2010, 10:59:38 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'243900\' date=\'Jul 10 2010, 06:00 PM\'][quote name=\'dale_grass\' post=\'243899\' date=\'Jul 10 2010, 05:24 PM\'][quote name=\'Jeremy Nelson\' post=\'243898\' date=\'Jul 10 2010, 04:03 PM\']Buzzerblog's got the first new set pic....it looks like there are a few alterations, but basically the same as last season.[/quote]
[/quote]

Detracts that new floor, for sure.

ObSet: OK, I'm curious how the new buzz-in podiums will work.  Count me as interested.
[/quote]

Yeah, it might be a bad shot, but they look like elongated plungers (that's what stops the clock) rather than the traditional buttons on other sets.  

Big plus = backdrops no longer look like sewer tunnels.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

BrandonFG

« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2010, 12:41:48 AM »
I like it. It's retro yet modern, and it fits nicely. I like that the score displays are finally matching, and not eggcrates on the desks while you have monitors on the big board. Just looked jarring.

Gotta admit, I'll miss the...whatever the hell were those shapes called that were a throwback to the Dawson and Combs eras? The boxes with boxes sticking from the corners? I'm kidding, but I am wondering what that shape is called.

/Geometry was not my friend
//Can't you tell?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2010, 01:29:58 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'243917\' date=\'Jul 10 2010, 11:41 PM\']I like it. It's retro yet modern, and it fits nicely. I like that the score displays are finally matching, and not eggcrates on the desks while you have monitors on the big board. Just looked jarring.

Gotta admit, I'll miss the...whatever the hell were those shapes called that were a throwback to the Dawson and Combs eras? The boxes with boxes sticking from the corners? I'm kidding, but I am wondering what that shape is called.

/Geometry was not my friend
//Can't you tell?[/quote]
No worries; I've called the shape "castle crown" for some time.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2010, 01:40:08 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'243917\' date=\'Jul 10 2010, 09:41 PM\']The boxes with boxes sticking from the corners? I'm kidding, but I am wondering what that shape is called.[/quote]Irregular icosagon?
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2010, 01:49:14 AM »
[quote name=\'Jeremy Nelson\' post=\'243921\' date=\'Jul 11 2010, 01:29 AM\']No worries; I've called the shape "castle crown" for some time.[/quote]
Ooh...I like that. :-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2010, 12:31:26 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'243924\' date=\'Jul 11 2010, 12:49 AM\'][quote name=\'Jeremy Nelson\' post=\'243921\' date=\'Jul 11 2010, 01:29 AM\']No worries; I've called the shape "castle crown" for some time.[/quote]
[/quote]
Why thank you, sir.

By the way, here's the twitpic from where the original photo came; its a bit bigger, so you can see everything a little more up close. I REALLY like those new podiums. One can't help but think what the entire set would look like under that motif.

It also looks like there's just a large circle on the floor that changes color, not the whole thing- I assume it'll go red when Fast Money starts.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 12:34:46 PM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

JMFabiano

« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2010, 01:50:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Jeremy Nelson\' post=\'243932\' date=\'Jul 11 2010, 12:31 PM\'][quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'243924\' date=\'Jul 11 2010, 12:49 AM\'][quote name=\'Jeremy Nelson\' post=\'243921\' date=\'Jul 11 2010, 01:29 AM\']No worries; I've called the shape "castle crown" for some time.[/quote]
[/quote]
Why thank you, sir.

By the way, here's the twitpic from where the original photo came; its a bit bigger, so you can see everything a little more up close. I REALLY like those new podiums. One can't help but think what the entire set would look like under that motif.

It also looks like there's just a large circle on the floor that changes color, not the whole thing- I assume it'll go red when Fast Money starts.
[/quote]

OK.  There's the "traditional" buzzers.  

And is that a new font for the FM board?
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Neumms

« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2010, 06:24:22 PM »
The scoreboards on the families' lecturns shouldn't be in the middle, as they have been for a while. They give the center the emphasis, but that's not where the head of the family is. So they should either be in that spot, or if they wanted to be flashy, have lights lead to it and put it on the far end (this would work like the lights leading to the scores on the big center set piece).
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 06:25:10 PM by Neumms »

dmota104

« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2010, 10:30:56 PM »
[quote name=\'Jeremy Nelson\' post=\'243932\' date=\'Jul 11 2010, 11:31 AM\']By the way, here's the twitpic from where the original photo came; its a bit bigger, so you can see everything a little more up close. I REALLY like those new podiums. One can't help but think what the entire set would look like under that motif.[/quote]

Ya know, I was hoping for the set to resemble "Bert's Family Feud", the most recent Australian-based revival hosted by Bert Newton.  But this works.

It's not *TOO* much of a departure from the O'Hurley years.  Nice to see the family name displays again.  It's also good to see the theater-in-the-round concept's gone.  I never really warmed up to that.

GameShowGuru

« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2010, 11:18:03 PM »
Speaking of what they kept for the new season, I am glad that they kept the classic "Stewie Griffin" Family Feud game board.  IMO, it is an integral part of the Family Feud set, and when they ditched it during the Anderson-Karn era, I always felt that they were trying too hard to modernize the show, so when they brought it back in 2006, I always thought that was to serve as an (30th) anniversary tribute.  Glad they kept it though.

CJBojangles

« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2010, 12:33:07 AM »
Geez, would it kill the guy to hold the damn camera still?

I'm glad the eggcrates are gone. I hope they display the Bullseye totals somewhere other than on-screen (in place of the family names during the round, perhaps). That is, assuming Bullseye is sticking around.

This studio looks much roomier than the LA one, too. Now even less of an excuse IMO to not use the classic bank win blocking. Now if they just ditch the 30-second loop of the Combs theme, it'll be Feud perfection.

[quote name=\'dmota104\' post=\'243961\' date=\'Jul 11 2010, 07:30 PM\']Ya know, I was hoping for the set to resemble "Bert's Family Feud", the most recent Australian-based revival hosted by Bert Newton.  But this works.[/quote]
That's funny. When I first saw the new podiums, Bert's Feud was precisely what they reminded me of. The family names as well. They're even a similar font.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 12:36:34 AM by CJBojangles »

BrandonFG

« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2010, 12:37:17 AM »
[quote name=\'CJBojangles\' post=\'243964\' date=\'Jul 12 2010, 12:33 AM\']This studio looks much roomier than the LA one, too. Now even less of an excuse IMO to not use the classic bank win blocking. Now if they just ditch the 30-second loop of the Combs theme, it'll be Feud perfection.[/quote]
For the last 11 years, I've been waiting to hear the Dawson94 remix. I don't know if I can hold my breath for another 11. ;-)

The Combs theme was out of place (and poorly edited) when they brought it back in '02. It was out of place (but slightly better edited) when they brought it back in '08. If they brought back the 1994 theme, no one outside of this group would recognize it as a 16-year-old theme used for one season. It baffles me, considering it's still used as a car cue on TPiR!

/Isn't it?

xavier45

« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2010, 12:51:27 AM »
[quote name=\'CJBojangles\' post=\'243964\' date=\'Jul 12 2010, 12:33 AM\']I'm glad the eggcrates are gone. I hope they display the Bullseye totals somewhere other than on-screen (in place of the family names during the round, perhaps). That is, assuming Bullseye is sticking around.

This studio looks much roomier than the LA one, too. Now even less of an excuse IMO to not use the classic bank win blocking. Now if they just ditch the 30-second loop of the Combs theme, it'll be Feud perfection.[/quote]
The guy who took the picture says on Buzzerblog that they have ditched Bullseye and they are still using the Combs theme.