Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MTWI is doing their own "Million Dollar Mission"...  (Read 2214 times)

weaklink75

MTWI is doing their own "Million Dollar Mission"...
« on: June 30, 2010, 06:43:56 PM »
With a twist though-they will pick one member from the studio audience every episode to attempt Super Coin for the million.

chad1m

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 06:50:57 PM »
Well, this explains why recent audience calls for the show noted that audience members may be asked to participate in a game.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 07:04:03 PM »
I don't know what it says about me, the show or acronyms in general, but I had absolutely no idea what MTWI meant until I went to the press release.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 07:48:34 PM »
Jeez, if you're going to play Super Coin every week, at least make people earn the right to play it for some sort of jackpot. Give players (or teams) a starting bankroll. Show the blueprint and have each team bid part of their bank based on their confidence in completing the game in a minute; high bid plays the game. After 7 increasingly difficult blueprints, the winning player/team gets to play the bonus stunt (Super Coin) for the 6 figure jackpot. There ya go- you keep the essence of the game while potentially cutting your prize budget.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 09:49:19 PM »
This sounds roughly as awesome as when The Price is Right decided that their million-dollar spin should go to someone in the audience in the event of a double overbid. On a scale of one to PURE RAGE, I'm steady at 5.73 right now.

If it was me and I was told that I must have an Audience Game, I'd pull someone out of the crowd and say "You can play one of three games, worth $1k, $10k, $100k. We'll give you N lives to pull it off. How much do you want to win?"
Travis L. Eberle

xavier45

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 10:51:34 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'243401\' date=\'Jun 30 2010, 07:04 PM\']I don't know what it says about me, the show or acronyms in general, but I had absolutely no idea what MTWI meant until I went to the press release.[/quote]
You and I were on the same boat there.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 08:06:59 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'243412\' date=\'Jun 30 2010, 09:49 PM\']This sounds roughly as awesome as when The Price is Right decided that their million-dollar spin should go to someone in the audience in the event of a double overbid.[/quote]
Also, it puts a dent in their contestant pool.  Why should I apply to be a contestant and practice all these different games when I can win a million dollars just by practicing one and merely sit in the audience?
This signature is currently under construction.

mxc0427

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 09:40:48 PM »
"Minute to Win It" could've easily done what "Millionaire" did with the Tournament of 10. Just take your top scoring players (or teams), and give them the option to play Supercoin for $1,000,000.

Thunder

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 10:00:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'243572\' date=\'Jul 3 2010, 08:06 PM\']Also, it puts a dent in their contestant pool.  Why should I apply to be a contestant and practice all these different games when I can win a million dollars just by practicing one and merely sit in the audience?[/quote]

F is for False. If I am a contestant on the show, the odds are that I'm going to win $50,000. If I'm the lucky audience member who gets picked to play Supercoin, the odds are that I'm going to win $0,000,000. Based on those scenarios, I'm pretty sure that they're not going to be hurting for potential players.

Also, your chance of winning the Supercoin game after you practice it 42,483 times is approximately the same as mine (the person that's never* practiced it).

* = Drinking games not included