Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Baggage  (Read 6796 times)

BillCullen1

Baggage
« on: April 19, 2010, 08:54:33 PM »
Surprised there isn't a thread about this already, but did anyone catch GSN's latest original? I sat through a whole episode of it. I see why they chose Springer as host. He can read the "baggage" with a straight face and not laugh or be shocked. But this show humbles every contestant. Even the person choosing has to reveal his/her "baggage" at the end of the show. Springer probably feels right at home hosting this. But I've seen worse. I give Baggage a 6 out of 10, it's a good partner for Carnie's TNG.

The Pyramids

Baggage
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 12:38:26 PM »
Each time I have seen it now I have correctly guessed what the main players baggage is going to be at the start of the show.

dad1153

Baggage
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 11:19:38 PM »

pacdude

Baggage
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 12:34:44 PM »
Me and my girlfriend caught a few episodes late last night and we were very much impressed. As popular as reality and dating shows are nowadays, Baggage definitely holds its own. This is a show I could very much see end up in syndication.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Baggage
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 02:39:21 PM »
What I find so interesting is that the show melds "Jerry Springer" and "inoffensive" into a half hour. Round two, where the chooser is shown the three bits of information, and has to chose the one he likes least, is a clever change-up from the norm, and the chosen gets to turn the tables at the end provides a decent climax at the end.

I didn't care so much that the Chooser's secret is so easily divined, I like that it didn't go to the depths of Moment of Truth-sleaze, when it seemed very possible.
Travis L. Eberle

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Baggage
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 05:24:31 PM »
I caught this for the first time while on vacation earlier this week.  I enjoyed it and thought it was a decent way to spend a half hour--though I was slightly disappointed there wasn't a little more analysis from Jerry.  

Something else I noticed was the losing contestants get some kind of dating service for free.  Newlywed, at least, in the past, was sponsored by E-Harmony.  Is this not the case anymore?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Baggage
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 12:30:34 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'240569\' date=\'May 9 2010, 02:24 PM\']though I was slightly disappointed there wasn't a little more analysis from Jerry.[/quote]Really? "So, Jimmy, you have no job, no money, no car and you sleep on your mom's couch. Tell us why Monica here should pick you instead of the other guy."

The tidbits are self-explanatory, which helps, because we don't need Jerry to overanalyze.
Travis L. Eberle

Jimmy Owen

Baggage
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 11:41:41 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'240583\' date=\'May 10 2010, 12:30 AM\']"So, Jimmy, you have no job, no money, no car and you sleep on your mom's couch. Tell us why Monica here should pick you instead of the other guy."[/quote]
'Cause I'm better looking? :)
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Baggage
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 10:21:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'240715\' date=\'May 11 2010, 08:41 PM\'][quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'240583\' date=\'May 10 2010, 12:30 AM\']"So, Jimmy, you have no job, no money, no car and you sleep on your mom's couch. Tell us why Monica here should pick you instead of the other guy."[/quote]'Cause I'm better looking? :)[/quote]You hush, looks haven't mattered on The Dating Game since Brad Sherwood hosted. :)
Travis L. Eberle

BillCullen1

Baggage
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 09:34:19 AM »
It seems that Baggage is enough of a hit for GSN to geen light a second season of it. Also Catch 21 will tape for a fourth season.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 09:34:42 AM by BillCullen1 »

Jeremy Nelson

Baggage
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 08:25:02 AM »
I just caught it for the first time on Monday, and I liked it.....a lot. I usually don't care much for dating shows, but this was enjoyable. Wow, this is the first time since 2003 or so that i've watched an hour of GSN programming and liked it. Now all they need to do is add some variety (game show-wise) to their schedule.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

ChuckNet

Baggage
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 05:40:08 PM »
Incidentally, Springer was asked in an interview if there might be some celebrity eps for sweeps months...he said that it would be a challenge, since the public's generally aware of the "baggage" most celebs have.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

BillCullen1

Baggage
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 07:57:56 AM »
The second season of Baggage is now airing on GSN. Not sure how many eps they did, I'm guessing at least 65. The audience definitely adds soomething and it's a little edgier, but still civil compared to Jerry's other show. The "hot spot" with Jerry firing off questions at them was interestring. I knew the guy would reject the girl when it was revealed that her secret was she was born "a boy."  

So did anyone else catch the Season 2 premiere of Baggage?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Baggage
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 07:34:30 AM »
Not sure if this means anything or not within in our little group...but someone had one of two TVs in the breakroom tuned to GSN yesterday.  It started with the repeat of "Catch 21" and continued all night long.  Others in the breakroom seemed really interested in Baggage, along with the DoND repeat.

Maybe GSN's plan, at least from their perspective, isn't as bad as people think.
--Mark
Phil 4:13