The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Wheel of Fortune in Sports Illustrated

(1/2) > >>

JayC:
In the section of Sports Illustrated called "Next Week in Sports", They have the WOF NBA week listed as a must see for Monday the 17th.  They also have a full page ad for it on the next page, showing who will be on it.  They also mentioned Wheel celebrating it's 4000th episode.

Dbacksfan12:
[quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Nov 13 2003, 02:36 PM\'] In the section of Sports Illustrated called "Next Week in Sports", They have the WOF NBA week listed as a must see for Monday the 17th.  They also have a full page ad for it on the next page, showing who will be on it.  They also mentioned Wheel celebrating it's 4000th episode. [/quote]
 You know, this may just be me....but it's getting rather annoying every time a gameshow remotely appears in another form of media to see it pop up here on the board.....

brianhenke:
SI turned up on a WOF puzzle (in the speed up round I guess) several years ago. Also, the swimsuit issue was a maingame puzzle.  

BTW, I wanted to get the covers edition of SI today, so I went to Walgreens. I left, and I realized I hadn't paid for it - so I had to go back to Walgreens and pay it.

Brian

Wary blue waters?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions!

BrandonFG:
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Nov 13 2003, 03:38 PM\'] [quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Nov 13 2003, 02:36 PM\'] In the section of Sports Illustrated called "Next Week in Sports", They have the WOF NBA week listed as a must see for Monday the 17th.  They also have a full page ad for it on the next page, showing who will be on it.  They also mentioned Wheel celebrating it's 4000th episode. [/quote]
You know, this may just be me....but it's getting rather annoying every time a gameshow remotely appears in another form of media to see it pop up here on the board..... [/quote]
 I've seen worse up here and on ATGS, but this one is somewhat acceptable.

I do think some of the posters obsess a little too much over this.

BTW, Henke, what does your SI being on Wheel ref. have to do with anything?

aaron sica:
Yeah, I think this business of pointing out EVERY game show reference outside of a game show is a little ridiculous -

Wait a second! I've got a copy of TV GUIDE here by me, they list a LOT of game shows by name! And they do it *every week*!!!! Imagine the possibilities...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version