Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Geoff Edwards on "RetroGaming Roundup" Podcast  (Read 3177 times)

ilb4ever2000

Geoff Edwards on "RetroGaming Roundup" Podcast
« on: October 16, 2011, 10:05:22 AM »
The latest RetroGaming Roundup, a classic video game podcast, features an interview with Geoff Edwards. The main reason he's on is Starcade, but other topics are covered such as his other radio and TV work, JFK, etc. Probably nothing new for Geoff Edwards fans, but hey, it's a new interview.

You can find it here. It starts at 44:01.

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 02:05:27 PM »
I listened to the entire hour-long interview, and one thing I found interesting was when he mentioned something about Treasure Hunt reruns on GSN. I thought I remember reading that the reason why they rarely reran it was due to a piece of music composed by Milton Delugg.

Johnissoevil

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 05:25:29 PM »
I listened to the entire hour-long interview, and one thing I found interesting was when he mentioned something about Treasure Hunt reruns on GSN. I thought I remember reading that the reason why they rarely reran it was due to a piece of music composed by Milton Delugg.

GSN had regularly aired the early 80s version of Treasure Hunt during the "dark period" (I'd rather use that term than the dates, it makes me sound less Zach-like) and I believe again in late 99 and early 2000, plus it was a Game Show Saturday Night feature in 2001.  It was the 70s version that didn't air due to music clearances, not until I believe a one time airing during the 50 Greatest Game Shows of All Time special in 2006.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 05:37:42 PM by Johnissoevil »
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 10:42:25 PM »
I listened to the entire hour-long interview
Please tell me they knew about what a kick-ass Quake / UT player he was. 'Cuz a retro-gaming podcast that sticks to Starcade without even mentioning that is fail writ large.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

catnap1972

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 07:21:19 AM »
It was the 70s version that didn't air due to music clearances, not until I believe a one time airing during the 50 Greatest Game Shows of All Time special in 2006.

Actually, 70s Treasure Hunt aired at least twice before that