Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wayne Brady  (Read 2444 times)

byrd62

Wayne Brady
« on: March 22, 2010, 07:51:13 PM »
If you thought Bob Barker guest-hosting Vince McMahon's WWE Raw wrestling show on USA Network last year was something, how about LMaD's Wayne Brady doing the same in May?

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/special/allsp...omingguesthosts

Jumpondees

Wayne Brady
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 11:18:23 AM »
Wayne Brady and Bob Barker are two completely different animals.  IMO, for the majority of todays "sports entertainment" fans, Bob Barker was known primarily for one thing, hosting The Price Is Right, this with kicking Adam Sandler's ass in a scene from Happy Gilmore taking a close second.  Bob being on Raw was like a guilty pleasure only because many couldn't wrap their minds around a man of Bob's stature being on a show like Raw.  Even though I enjoyed his appearance, I knew why Bob was really there, to pimp his book and to collect a check for his various animal charity work he is known for.

Wayne Brady on the other hand in the same light is known for much more than Let's Make A Deal.  Wayne, as we all are aware is an accomplished comedian, actor, and as of recent a recording artist.  Now I'm sure that WWE is linking Wayne to his current gig for marketability to get people to watch Raw, but with the end of the current TV season fast approaching, and no official word on if LMAD is getting a second season pick-up according to Wayne himself in THIS article from the Jacksonville Observer that I first saw over at Game Show News Net this past week, it would make no sense for Wayne to go on a wrestling show to promote a game show during a sweeps month that according to him (in a indirect, roundabout way) may be dead in the water weeks after his appearance.  

LMAD is getting decent ratings from what I have read so far, and it's profit margins for CBS have to be better than the show it replaced, so to make Wayne's appearance on Raw worth while, let us hope that CBS gets off their collective asses and announces a renewal for LMAD.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 11:21:11 AM by Jumpondees »

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Wayne Brady
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 11:51:45 AM »
Wayne's probably also going to get some extra mileage from acting out of character (NSFW)
This signature is currently under construction.

Jumpondees

Wayne Brady
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 12:10:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'238206\' date=\'Mar 25 2010, 11:51 AM\']Wayne's probably also going to get some extra mileage from acting out of character (NSFW)[/quote]

That will always be my favorite bit from that series.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 12:12:01 PM by Jumpondees »

Johnissoevil

Wayne Brady
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 02:22:01 AM »
I myself would like to see Barker make an encore appearance guest hosting RAW so we could get some more Price is RAW.  And if you're not down with that, I have TWO WORDS for you:

SPIN IT!
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

TheInquisitiveOne

Wayne Brady
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 06:15:04 PM »
I myself would like to see Barker make an encore appearance guest hosting RAW so we could get some more Price is RAW.

As much as I like Barker (yes, I do), once is enough for an occasion such as this one. As a wrestling fan, I could stand for more matches and story advancement, even in a TV-PG, chairshot-to-the-head-free environment.

It would make no sense for Wayne to go on a wrestling show to promote a game show during a sweeps month that according to him (in a indirect, roundabout way) may be dead in the water weeks after his appearance.

At least Wayne's show still has hope...unlike the cast of Hot Tub Time Machine (hosting tomorrow's RAW), which opened at number 3 this weekend, even behind "Alice," despite the hype machine generated a month in advance. Nice dead-in-the-water tactics there, WWE.

LMAD is getting decent ratings from what I have read so far, and it's profit margins for CBS have to be better than the show it replaced, so to make Wayne's appearance on Raw worth while, let us hope that CBS gets off their collective asses and announces a renewal for LMAD.

1000x this. Anything else kills all momentum CBS built me up as a viewer.

The Inquisitive One
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 06:16:27 PM by TheInquisitiveOne »
This is the Way.

Mr. Armadillo

Wayne Brady
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 10:33:06 AM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' post=\'238459\' date=\'Mar 28 2010, 05:15 PM\']
I myself would like to see Barker make an encore appearance guest hosting RAW so we could get some more Price is RAW.

As much as I like Barker (yes, I do), once is enough for an occasion such as this one. As a wrestling fan, I could stand for more matches and story advancement, even in a TV-PG, chairshot-to-the-head-free environment.
[/quote]

Are you saying Bob's character is too one-dimensional for even the WWE to develop?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Wayne Brady
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 12:43:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Mr. Armadillo\' post=\'238484\' date=\'Mar 29 2010, 07:33 AM\']Are you saying Bob's character[/quote]
I wasn't aware he had any.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe