The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Unexpected new DVD release

(1/3) > >>

JakeT:
I was surprised today to see that CBS' "BIG BROTHER 3" has been released in its entirety (aired episodes, that is) in a 9-DVD box set...I don't know whether or not this set is uncensored but I thought this was an interesting release.  Now, how about seasons 1 & 2?

Jake

Skynet74:
[quote name=\'JakeT\' date=\'Nov 11 2003, 03:55 AM\'] I was surprised today to see that CBS' "BIG BROTHER 3" has been released in its entirety (aired episodes, that is) in a 9-DVD box set...I don't know whether or not this set is uncensored but I thought this was an interesting release.  Now, how about seasons 1 & 2?

Jake [/quote]

In my honest Opinion... Big Brother 1 was the Best! They seemed like the coolest bunch of people. Every Big brother since has failed to capture my interest like the first one did. Same with Survivor. The first was my favorite. I can barely tolerate the show anymore.

John

ChrisLambert!:
I doubt we'll see the first two seasons, sadly... CBS seems to have completely forgotten BB1 ever existed (not enough conflict in the house, different voting rules, embarrassing live eviction shows with a screaming audience!*), and they probably don't want folks to remember that BB2 was ongoing during (and only very lightly dealt with) the 9/11 attacks.

Too bad, there were some great characters in each of those seasons.

*- to those in other BB countries: I'm fully aware these were only embarrassing because we did them wrong. :)

Ian Wallis:

--- Quote ---In my honest Opinion... Big Brother 1 was the Best! They seemed like the coolest bunch of people.
--- End quote ---

I agree.  I really enjoyed "Big Brother 1", but have hardly watched it at all the past two summers.  The "BB1" gang got along very well and it was interesting to watch, especially when they all threatened to walk out together on live TV.  (I would have loved to have seen what CBS would have done with several weeks more shows scheduled had that happened!)

Why does most TV these days have to promote back-stabbing and manipulating all the time?  Some of us out there aren't too thrilled by it.  I'm sure there are a lot of school-age kids watching these shows - what is all of this teaching them?  (Okay, I'm off my soap-box now)

As for "Survivor", I think it's time for that one to go.  I watched the first four - and enjoyed them - but I don't watch it anymore because it seems like the same thing over and over, despite the "twists" they throw in each season.  Been there, done that.  The ratings have dropped from 52 million for the first finale to a steady 20 million ever since.  Since the ratings have held steady, I guess it's going to be around for a little while longer.  But I'm not a huge fan of this so-called "reality" television anyway.  Unless it's "The Mole".....(whatever happened to that anyway?)

ChuckNet:

--- Quote ---I was surprised today to see that CBS' "BIG BROTHER 3" has been released in its entirety (aired episodes, that is) in a 9-DVD box set...I don't know whether or not this set is uncensored but I thought this was an interesting release. Now, how about seasons 1 & 2?
--- End quote ---

No, AFAIK, only season 3 ever got a DVD release.

Oh, and Jake, it's good to see you de-lurk...always nice hearing from one of my fellow "old-school" ATGSers. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version